Reintroducing Tracy and Leiter's maiming?

Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
edited December 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 403
This is the one question that the Craig films are at a disadvantage with. Both of these arcs have already been done, I wonder if Broccoli and Wilson are going to introduce these events into the Craig timeline (although, with SF, it seems like Craig's era is now somehow blurred into the one from 62-02). I don't think Eon can sell a OHMSS-YOLT-type revenge story after CR-QoS. But Wright with a hook for a hand? :)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Vesper was the Tracy (much better too) of Craig's era. I want it left at that.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I totally agree. And Leiter's maiming has been done already- time for new territory in the 21st Century IMO.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I totally agree. And Leiter's maiming has been done already- time for new territory in the 21st Century IMO.

And he's already had Mathis die, so I think Craig's tenure would be too soon to see any returning characters have lasting physical injuries.

• LTK did it and did it well. No need to do that again.

And they don't need to remake OHMSS and kill Tracy again either, they have Vesper if they want Bond to get all touchy feely about something in the past.
  • I hope they never, ever, ever remake any of the official Bond movies, and if they do, I pray I'm long dead.
  • We need original stories, that's all I'm saying.
  • 'Bond 24: Mathis returns with a hook for a hand-- a result from his gunshot wound in QOS!!'
  • jackdagger wrote:
    I hope they never, ever, ever remake any of the official Bond movies, and if they do, I pray I'm long dead.

Ditto that. Why recreate something that can't be improved?

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Didn't Babs go on record saying EoN will never remake any of the Bond films?
  • I don't want Tracy or a sort of a wife to Bond to ever appear. New stories please. And enough of revenge stories for a while.
    And another thing, : EON has been "remaking" some Bond movies. Skyfall was, in some ways, a remake of The Man with the Golden Gun, both the novel and movie.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    thelion wrote:
    I don't want Tracy or a sort of a wife to Bond to ever appear. New stories please. And enough of revenge stories for a while.
    And another thing, : EON has been "remaking" some Bond movies. Skyfall was, in some ways, a remake of The Man with the Golden Gun, both the novel and movie.

Hmm...interesting.