The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited June 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Univex wrote: »
    A SPY FOR A SPY

Love it! Well done old chap, well done. Classic Le Carré kind of title. I, for one, love it.

It's close to the phonetics of an Eye for an Eye, and it may very well tie with what we presume to be the narrative. Well done, indeed.

Oh, and damn you to hell, cause now I won't like any other.

Best fan proposed title as of yet. Give this man an award.

Haha no need for that and yes I suggested that because of the rumours surrounding Lynch's character.
    Can someone make a poster for that title with DC & Lynch standing in front of each other fighting for 007 title.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Surely the title should be

Never Say Never Again

The plot is pointing this way.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Getafix wrote: »
    Surely the title should be

Never Say Never Again

The plot is pointing this way.

Everyone's guessing Lynch will be new 007.
    Plot twist Timothy will replace DC bond as 007.
    LICENSE REDESIGNATED :D
  • NeverOnTheFirmsTimeNeverOnTheFirmsTime A plane tree'd square off the Kings Road
    Hi everybody, long time lurker now taking the plunge with my first post 😁 For what it's worth, DEATH TO SPIES ticks all the boxes for me (Fleming inspired, quoted in The Living Daylights - my favourite Bond film - and hinting at the possibility of a dark end for DC's Bond).
    Failing that, one of John Gardener's titles would be satisfying - LICENCE RENEWED (as Bond is off active service at the commencement of B25), FOR SPECIAL SERVICES, ROLE OF HONOUR or WIN, LOSE OR DIE.
    BTW, A REASON TO DIE isn't that bad.... but it looks like that ship has sailed, so hey ho 😁
    Hi everybody, long time lurker now taking the plunge with my first post 😁 For what it's worth, DEATH TO SPIES ticks all the boxes for me (Fleming inspired, quoted in The Living Daylights - my favourite Bond film - and hinting at the possibility of a dark end for DC's Bond).
    Failing that, one of John Gardener's titles would be satisfying - LICENCE RENEWED (as Bond is off active service at the commencement of B25), FOR SPECIAL SERVICES, ROLE OF HONOUR or WIN, LOSE OR DIE.
    BTW, A REASON TO DIE isn't that bad.... but it looks like that ship has sailed, so hey ho 😁

Welcome NOTFT. Great username and one of my favourite one liners from the Bond films.

Yeah, some of the Gardner titles would be great along with Higson’s ‘By Royal Command’. Pity Eon don’t seem to want to use them.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

Welcome @NeverOnTheFirmsTime

TLD is my favourite film too. Would love to see your full list. Post it here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/78/bond-movie-ranking-simple-list-no-details
    QBranch wrote: »
    For everyone who doesn't want 'Die' in the title:

DEATH IS ETERNAL

(DIE)

And for those who want to avoid that acronym, there's also Death is So Permanent, which was a chapter title from DAF.

Revelator wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    For everyone who doesn't want 'Die' in the title:

DEATH IS ETERNAL

(DIE)

And for those who want to avoid that acronym, there's also Death is So Permanent, which was a chapter title from DAF.

I hate the 'so' it sounds like some Kim Kardashian valley girl would say.

42e87098169efff5b6255a1ca856a0e0.jpg

Nothing with 'Live/Die/Death/Die'. We're better than that.

They should just use 'Once Upon a Spy'. It's their title anyway and just one they abandoned for SF.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited July 2019 Posts: 323
    I dont want title with phrase "Once upon" because of Quentin Tarantino's fim and tendency of using this phrase in titles in recent years. Quentin's movie is a buzzer and calling B25 with the same idea for title will definitely be a topic for discussion and comparisons. It's not unique and "Once upon a time in Hollywood" comes to mind in a moment.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Spyhard
    Spyderman
    Shepherdspy
    “Spyderman”
    I dont want title with phrase "Once upon" because of Quentin Tarantino's fim and tendency of using this phrase in titles in recent years.

What other movie did Tarantino used that phrase for?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,889
    DRush76 wrote: »
    I dont want title with phrase "Once upon" because of Quentin Tarantino's fim and tendency of using this phrase in titles in recent years.

What other movie did Tarantino used that phrase for?

There's also Sergio Leone's "Once Upon a Time in the West" and "Once Upon a Time in America"; which I'm sure influenced the title of Tarantino's latest.
  • NeverOnTheFirmsTimeNeverOnTheFirmsTime A plane tree'd square off the Kings Road
    edited July 2019 Posts: 34
    I don't reckon ONCE UPON A SPY - if used - would confuse people into thinking it was a new Tarantino film, or that people would feel the 'ONCE UPON A' portion of the title is derivative or over-used. For what it's worth, I think it's a terrific title.
    I posted earlier that my own preference would be DEATH TO SPIES or, failing that, one of the early John Gardner titles - even DEVIL MAY CARE (whilst an appalling novel) would be a sound choice.
    Many on here advocate PROPERTY OF A LADY - whilst it is a Fleming title, it does absolutely nothing for me, and sounds more like a period romantic drama or a Mills and Boon novel, to my ears 😉
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I don't reckon ONCE UPON A SPY - if used - would confuse people into thinking it was a new Tarantino film, or that people would feel the 'ONCE UPON A' portion of the title is derivative or over-used. For what it's worth, I think it's a terrific title.

Many on here advocate PROPERTY OF A LADY - whilst it is a Fleming title, it does absolutely nothing for me, and sounds more like a period romantic drama or a Mills and Boon novel, to my ears 😉

Totally agree about this two points!!!
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited July 2019 Posts: 323
    I think that big mistake with chosing Flemingian title that greatly understood and can be greeted only by hardcore fans of Bond ("Property of Lady", "Risico", "Dr. No" or some others) is in fact that not hardcore fans of Bond (films, books etc) give hundred of millions or billions for film in box office. Mass viewer who didint even read Fleming books (as I am) and didnt watch old film with R. Moore and S. Connery is the main box office donor of Bond and he gives commercial success to franchise nowadays. Choosing the title is, first of all, marketing tool to create additional buzz and force mass viewer to go to cinema. Sorry, but "Property of Lady" for mass viewer sounds like melodrama or movie with feminstic vibe. The title must be catchy with widest audience. Tradition is good and it must be respected (tradition gives many great title for Bond films) but "Property of Lady"? C'mon)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,921
    Risico sounds Bondian.

The Property of a Lady would seem completely nonsensical unless it were tied to a specific "lady" in the story, so Queen Elizabeth or perhaps the love interest.

I believe TND was titled TPOAL when it was going to be about the handover of Hong Kong (which would have been interesting but would have dated the movie as well).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Glad it is not A Reason To Die.

How about: Spy Another Day ...... ;)
    Spies Just Wanna Have Fun
  • The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    It’s been a while since we’ve gone without a Bond title using the words “kill”, “die”, or some variant. How about Perchance to Die?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Spy Did It My Way
    I Spy
    Treacle and Spies and All things Nice
    Shadow of a Spy
    A Spy in the Hand Is Worth Two in the Bush
    The Little Finger on the Trigger
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hope it's not too late for this.

R e a s o n D i e

• edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    From Jamaica, Yours Sincerely :-D

(A spin on a fictional Jason King novel)
    What if Madeleine dies and wills Bond a house in Jamaica?

The Property of a Lady
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It’s been a while since we’ve gone without a Bond title using the words “kill”, “die”, or some variant. How about Perchance to Die?

How about If you kill me I'll die so that it contains both?
    Kill and Die both no nos.

• edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    One-word title, Spectre/Blofeld connection, short, no "Die" or "Death"; what about:

Cuckoo

spectre.gif
    :-D