Great passages & quotes from the Fleming novels...

1235»

Comments

• 007InVT007InVT Classified
    edited July 2013 Posts: 893
    Almost finished Live and Let Die and some crackers:

"Those who deserve to die, dies the death they deserve. Write that down. It's an original thought."

"Just occurred to me that you might be hyphenating" (Felix Leiter)

"American coffee's the worst in the world. Worse even than in England, I suppose they can't do much harm to the orange juice."

"Everybody's nearly dead in St. Petersburg [explained Solitaire] It's the Great American Graveyard"

"To Bond, American cars was beetle-shaped Dodgems in which you motored along with one hand on the wheel, the radio full on and the power operated windows closed to keep out the draughts"

"You start to die the moment you are born. The whole of life is cutting through the pack with death. So take it easy"

"The stars winked down their cryptic morse and he had no key to their cipher"
    Can anyone supply some good Dr. No quotes?

It's the one Fleming I have not read remarkably.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    007InVT wrote:
    Can anyone supply some good Dr. No quotes?

It's the one Fleming I have not read remarkably.
    '"Morning Armourer.Now I want toask you some questions"M's voice was casual."First of all, what do you think of the Bretta, the .25?"
    "Ldis gun, sir"
    M raised ironic eyebrows at Bond. Bond smiled thinly.
    "Really, and why would you say that?"
    "No stopping power sir. But it's easy to operate. A bit fancy looking too, if you know what I mean, sir. Appeals to the ladies."'

perhaps more later. It's agreat book to read and I'll be on holiday soon.

007InVT wrote:
    Almost finished Live and Let Die and some crackers:

"Those who deserve to die, dies the death they deserve. Write that down. It's an original thought."

"Just occurred to me that you might be hyphenating" (Felix Leiter)

"American coffee's the worst in the world. Worse even than in England, I suppose they can't do much harm to the orange juice."

"Everybody's nearly dead in St. Petersburg [explained Solitaire] It's the Great American Graveyard"

"To Bond, American cars was beetle-shaped Dodgems in which you motored along with one hand on the wheel, the radio full on and the power operated windows closed to keep out the draughts"

"You start to die the moment you are born. The whole of life is cutting through the pack with death. So take it easy"

"The stars winked down their cryptic morse and he had no key to their cipher"

A great one. Fleming's Benign Bizarre in spades.

I don't suppose anyone could supply a transcript of the Saratoga Racing Stables scene in Diamonds Are Forever?

It's for a blog post I'm writing.

Thanks!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    007InVT wrote:
    I don't suppose anyone could supply a transcript of the Saratoga Racing Stables scene in Diamonds Are Forever?

It's for a blog post I'm writing.

Thanks!

Have I inspired you to create a new blog, perchance?

Could you provide us with a web address or is it a new entity @007InVT?

Sounds very interesting...
    Work in progress. You'll like I hope :)

More soon.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    007InVT wrote:
    Work in progress. You'll like I hope :)

More soon.

I'm sure that I will. Good luck. I know how difficult writing blog articles can be!
    A huge favor to ask anyone.

If anyone has a copy or e-book of YOLT, could they scan or copy and paste the list of flowers in Blofeld's Garden of Death?

Much appreciated in advance.