should sean connery at least do one last cameo

edited December 2012 in Actors Posts: 122
I know hes getting on a bit but the last time hes on screen was in the god awful league of gentlemen. And I think what a shame one of the best actors of all time leaves our screens with a poor film but a think that he as got at least a cameo or a small part left in him does not have to be a bond any film. Maybe it would be wishful thinking and is never going to happen but anyone else out there feel the same or his he way past it?

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    He has retired. Whether we think he should come back or not is irrelevent.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 122
    i know he has retired its more of a question put to those out there that think would it be good if he did do one last comeo roll who would like to see that.
    My complete answer to this thread:

Nope.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I loved the nods to the last 50 years in Skyfall but I suspect, and hope, that was the end of them. It felt like a bond fans bond film and I would love to see blofeld back but that is because he is 007's nemesis. And could have a great film or two built around him.
    Sean should come back to play Bond one last time.

If they can reboot to the past, they can reboot to the future - OAP Bond recalled fromm retirement for one last mission.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Getafix wrote:

If they can reboot to the past, they can reboot to the future - OAP Bond recalled fromm retirement for one last mission.

Could call it 'The Queues At The Post Office Are Forever'

Getafix wrote:

Could call it 'The Queues At The Post Office Are Forever'

Or "On the DHSS"
  • As much as I would have liked him to have had a cameo, that time has passed with Skyfall. They should have done it then in the spirit of the 50 year celebration.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,892
    RE: should sean connery at least do one last cameo

APRD65.jpg
    clutch at straws
    Fig. to continue to seek solutions, ideas, or hopes that are insubstantial.

Each time this topic is raised, I can never decide what I find more amusing- envisioning the above photo, or wondering if this question will still get asked in 10 years time. Perhaps the latter. At some point you learn to just let it go and move on. Time to face reality, Mr. Bond!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgep_9zpML5kRnGxmIRBrODHB23Nem12zbi4XkAhoT1JLkQjaoQQ
    A Connery cameo would have been really bad I think - it would have really taken you out of the film, like all the lame referecnes in DAD.
    Cos the Goldfinger Aston does not? Cos Jason Bourne creator being Bond's guardian does not?
  • Getafix wrote:
    A Connery cameo would have been really bad I think - it would have really taken you out of the film, like all the lame referecnes in DAD.
    I completely agree with you.

No he should not. If he ever did want to contribute again? The moment has now well and truely passed with all the 50th anniversay celebrations complete.
    Stamper wrote:
    Cos the Goldfinger Aston does not? Cos Jason Bourne creator being Bond's guardian does not?

No, I agree both of those decisions were bad as well. I don't like SF but am trying to restrain myself from full on laying into it. I really thought they'd avoid Finney like the plague because of Bourne and all the QoS stuff. Odd casting IMO and not a very successful character although most people seem to love him, so who am I to judge?
  • No, for the sake of continuity, no.
    Also, aren't you beginning to have your fill of "homage to past Bond movies"?
    DAD was filled with tributes to past Bond films, Skyfall had it's own.
    We have in Daniel Craig a Bond we can built on, no need to stir up the past again and again. Let Daniel Craig built his own unforgettable moments.
    No, for the sake of continuity, no.
    Also, aren't you beginning to have your fill of "homage to past Bond movies"?
    DAD was filled with tributes to past Bond films, Skyfall had it's own.
    We have in Daniel Craig a Bond we can built on, no need to stir up the past again and again. Let Daniel Craig built his own unforgettable moments.

Totally agree. The aura of nostalgia surrounding SF is one of the things that prevents it from ever getting off the ground. It feels weighed down by the past, a bit like the Brosnan films were. I thought we'd got away from all that with CR and QoS but seem to have taken a dead end again.
    He should have been Kincade in Skyfall, it would have been fitting, or sir rog could have.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,405
    Sammm04 wrote:
    He should have been Kincade in Skyfall, it would have been fitting, or sir rog could have.

No, and no. Albert Finney was great as Kincade. Sir Roger or Connery would not have done it better. What is this absolute non-sense about bringing back former Bonds for cameos? Are they talking about bringing William Shatner back as a Romulan ambassador in the next Star Trek movie?

Can we move on, please?
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Well, when I first heard this idea I was thinking it'd be huge but...now with time and more knowledges ; definitely not. One Bond is One Bond, not another's relative character alike.
  • I vote yes. Maybe he could play the whole "had to come out of retirement because I had to" role.