Skyfall: Worth multiple viewings or not?

edited December 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 162
Sometimes after I see a film that I truly enjoy, I debate whether I should go and see it again or wait for the Blu-Ray release. Waiting and taking time to think about the film and what you remember rather than actually watching it again has worked for me in the past. However, I do feel that a second viewing (this time in IMAX maybe) would perhaps help to clear up some loose ends and maybe I'll be able to appreciate the film even more. Thoughts?

Comments

• danielcraigbonddanielcraigbond Suspended
    your a grown man/woman decide yourself if you want to go again , quite a pointless thread
  • Yeap. I liked it more the second time around and the third time confirmed the impression.
    your a grown man/woman decide yourself if you want to go again , quite a pointless thread

Don't be a troll and give an answer or don't post at all.

I'm sure it'll look great on Blu-Ray, but you can't beat the theater, especially with something as big as Bond.

If you liked it and want to see it again, then do it.
  • your a grown man/woman decide yourself if you want to go again , quite a pointless thread

I saw a post of yours asking about "realistic gadgets" for Craig's Bond. I think asking peoples opinions on something like this makes just as much sense as asking opinions about gadgets within a piece of fiction, especially a Bond film which is known for having unrealistic elements.
    I think its a film that deserves to be seen on the big screen. I've seen it 7 times already a but crazy but its such an amazing film that i can't help myself. I can't wait for the Blu-ray.
    If you enjoy any movie? I think if you want too? Then yes you should go again if you want too?
    I'll answer that after I have bought the dvd.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 6,432
    Only watched Skyfall once at the cinema, was quite disappointed for various reasons. Only film i have watched more than once at cinema this year was Dark knight Rises.

Certainly buy Skyfall on bluray, i am sure it will grow on me after i have watched it to death like every other bond movie :-)
  • I almost always watch a Bond film at least twice during it's theatrical run, a old holdover from the golden era before the films aired on TV and VCR's were invented.

In the recent two eras, I went to see GE, TND, CR, and SF twice because they were films I really enjoyed. Once was enough for TWINE, DAD, and QOS, although QOS has unlike the other two grown on me better. The last film I saw more than twice in the theater was LTK, which I saw three times.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 4,813
    With ticket prices the way they are, it says a great deal that I saw Skyfall twice! I didn't even see the last two twice in the theatre

Awesome movie and yes, some of my questions were answered on my second viewing
    Seen it three times, going to see it again. Noticed something different every time. Worth it.
    I've seen it twice at the cinema. I enjoyed it the first time, but i loved it much more on my second viewing. I cant wait to add the film to my dvd collection and watch it again..
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2012 Posts: 4,441
    In 15 years time i have seen TMND 14 times or something, in 13 years Twine 12 times and in 17 years Goldeneye mabey also 12-14 times. But Die Another Day 5 times, CR and QOS both 4 times. I haven't CR and QOS in my collection yet, the 3 other views are based on the views from tv. I am afraid Skyfall already lost me when iam going to see it the second time, but the first view already disapointed a bit. There going to be some time over it before the second view wil happen.

With Brosnan leaving also some fandom be gone because there is less trust, Eon change things and then we have Internet what give option to talk about the movie.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    After seeing it for a second time today, I can say with fortitude, BLOODY YES!!!
    edited December 2012 Posts: 39

I saw a post of yours asking about "realistic gadgets" for Craig's Bond. I think asking peoples opinions on something like this makes just as much sense as asking opinions about gadgets within a piece of fiction, especially a Bond film which is known for having unrealistic elements.

first of all numnuts , the craig bond movies are known for being REALISTIC , we are past the brosnan bond so your comment about current bond films being 'unrealistic elements' makes about as much sense as a dog making love to a cat. ! there's also a massive difference between asking about what certain aspects of a future bond movie you would like to see and whether one should see a film again ! if your incapable of deciding whether you want to go cinema and watch a movie again then dont judge my past posts lol jesus christ if you liked the movie go again , if you didnt then leave it , can you not afford the 6 pound to go and see it again if you wanted a second viewing ????? you can afford a laptop and internet son so go cinema?? very interesting to say the least . i can tell your a cockney and especially that you an arsenal fan , pitty you all have the same smart arse stuck up attitude ...... even after you ask retarded questions
  • your a grown man/woman decide yourself if you want to go again , quite a pointless thread

first of all numnuts , the craig bond movies are known for being REALISTIC , we are past the brosnan bond so your comment about current bond films being 'unrealistic elements' makes about as much sense as a dog making love to a cat. ! there's also a massive difference between asking about what certain aspects of a future bond movie you would like to see and whether one should see a film again ! if your incapable of deciding whether you want to go cinema and watch a movie again then dont judge my past posts lol jesus christ if you liked the movie go again , if you didnt then leave it , can you not afford the 6 pound to go and see it again if you wanted a second viewing ????? you can afford a laptop and internet son so go cinema?? very interesting to say the least . i can tell your a cockney and especially that you an arsenal fan , pitty you all have the same smart arse stuck up attitude ...... even after you ask retarded questions

The fact that you can force me into an argument like this is just crazy. Also, I'm not going to get into anything personal but I'm not a "cockney".

The fact that you can force me into an argument like this is just crazy. Also, I'm not going to get into anything personal but I'm not a "cockney".

Don't retort, just flag his post for bashing which it what it is. The mods will straighten him out or he'll be removed.

Don't retort, just flag his post for bashing which it what it is. The mods will straighten him out or he'll be removed.

what so criticising on a public forum isnt allowed annymore?????? , im sure even the ownbers expect a bit of dispute on here .. job on mate
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Back on topic: Yes. Nuff said.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Guys. Sort yourselves out. We do not tolerate abusive behaviour on this forum and if you continue in this vein you will get a formal warning.
    Consider this a friendly reminder.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 39
    YES continue
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Dispute and disagreement is fine but when you resort to name calling then you will have issues with the mods. I could care less about your soccer rivalries. Watch the language too mate, that'll get you in trouble too.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Okay, back on topic then ...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Personally, the film has gotten better and better with each viewing for me. The first time was my anticipation viewing, and after a four year wait, I'm ashamed to say I was pretty let down. It just wasn't all I had expected, sadly - I'm not speaking of the greatest film ever made, just my expectations on itself. The second viewing allowed me to enjoy it a good bit more and notice things I hadn't seen the first time around, which is always fun to do. The third time was a thrill ride, and I had a blast. I'm seeing it for a fourth time tomorrow, and I'm as excited as I was on November 8th, standing in line for the midnight release.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 11,425
    I've seen it once, which felt like enough for me. However, I will probably give it another go when it comes out on DVD. My first impressions tend to govern my feelings towards a film, so I am doubtful another viewing will change my view that SF has been massively hyped and is really let down by a bad story and script. However, there is a lot packed into the movie, so perhaps I might have a better appreciation for certain themes or scenes with a second viewing.
    Well ive seen it 3 times and enjoyed it each time so...yeah :p
  • I've seen it five times so far, so, yeah, I think it is a film worth multiple viewings. :)
  • Wow 5 times? On the 5th time did you finally remember to take a no doze?
  • I've seen it three times and that's a record for me. I had never seen any movie more than twice.

I have to admit : the third time, I was invited. And I'm not sure more than two times is really necessary.

Among the Craig era Bonds, I think CR is the most enjoyable after multiple viewings and I'm not so sure about Skyfall.