B/W Images COLORIZED!!!

AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
edited November 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 2,630
Here is a thread where you can take a image from a Bond film that was in Black and White and give it some color :D

Here's mine (from Dr. No)

bondrecolored.png

Comments

• Is this a fan-made work or original?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I colored the image that was originally in black and white. So I guess it's fan-made...
  • It's sheer awesome. Nice work!
  • It seems like a bit of a needless thread above all else, with the greatest respect to the author

It's basically 'add some color' to black and white Bond shots ? Guess I don't see the appeal, but once again, no offense intended, but Connery does look the part in that above shot, color or otherwise
    Amazing.. but you missed his eyelids. :)
    I fixed it :)

Thanks for the good reviews everyone, and @Baltimore007 the image didn't really fit anywhere else in my opinion so I just made a new thread.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745

Thanks for the good reviews everyone, and @Baltimore007 the image didn't really fit anywhere else in my opinion so I just made a new thread.

Perfect :)

The title says 'images' does this mean we have more coming?

Nice.
    What program did you use?

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,943
    Made you feel it, did he?
    CRbw2colour.png

M sums up this discussion- "Well, I don't have the luxury of seeing things as black and white" ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    CRbw2colour.png

M sums up this discussion- "Well, I don't have the luxury of seeing things as black and white" ;)

What program did you use?

@001 Photoshop CS3, using different blending filters and opacity.
    QBranch wrote:
    @001 Photoshop CS3, using different blending filters and opacity.

Cool.
    Is Photoshop CS3 easy too use?

With practice, anything is easy ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,635
    May i answer for @QBranch... Yes it is, @001. You may think it is too dificult, but most of the things i do in Photoshop, i've learnt by myself.

BTW, @AgentJamesBond007, NICE work! I see that it was a B/W picture, as you don't colored the eyes, But i'm not complaining, it stills awesome!
    Someone on this forum, and idk if it still was you, @Agent007, has colored a Skyfall poster on the Skyfall Fan Arts thread. It is great.
    QBranch wrote:
    With practice, anything is easy ;)

So true.

X3MSonicX wrote:
    BTW, @AgentJamesBond007, NICE work! I see that it was a B/W picture, as you don't colored the eyes, But i'm not complaining, it stills awesome!
    Someone on this forum, and idk if it still was you, @Agent007, has colored a Skyfall poster on the Skyfall Fan Arts thread. It is great.

Yep, I was that one guy who made the golden gunbarrel version of the Skyfall teaser poster :) The program I used was Photoshop CS4.
  • Oh wow, I was ready to come into this thread and winge about my disdain for the colourisation process but these are seriously impressive.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,943
    @001 It's a piece of cake, really. Here are the basic steps I used for that last picture:

-Drag the pic into Photoshop;

-Use the cut-out tool to copy every main object in the pic and put them on their own layer;

-Adjust the colour/transparency/blend filter settings for each object layer until you think they look right;

-Refine/smooth the object edges with a blur tool.

These steps are pretty straight forward. The hardest part is cutting out objects accurately, and getting the colour right.

If you decide to get Photoshop, try to find one of the latest versions (CS5; CS6). No doubt they have more options than the one I use (CS3).

BTW, a belated well done to @AgentJamesBond007- it looks official to me! :-bd
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I have to try this. Do you mind, @AgentJamesBond007, if I post here?
    great job on both those pics, especially the Connery one. =D>
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 512
    Useful, how about colourising those old classic Ian Fleming shots?
    I have to try this. Do you mind, @AgentJamesBond007, if I post here?

Go ahead, and @NapoleonPlural that's the next image I'm working on!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My effort. Daddy himself, hard at work:
    8233735858_7e9ebcc62b_b.jpg

I wonder what Bond novel he was writing at this moment? :-?
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,943
    Well done, 0Brady! Colouring those books seems tedious!
    Useful, how about colourising those old classic Ian Fleming shots?
    Here's one I made back in August for my fan film. I know- it might not count in this thread, as it's not just colourized, but heavily altered with paint effects. No doubt I'll alter it again later to make it look more like a real painting, as I'm not entirely happy with it. Also, I think maybe the skin is too bright. Anyway, it will end up hanging in M's office somewhere, in a nice vintage frame. The question is, gold frame or silver?

IFPbyAndruGrova.png

s-IAN-FLEMING-large.jpg
    I found it quite surreal 'working' with Mr. Fleming. I'm sure others will, too.
  • Good work guys.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Our King! ^:)^
    8233735858_7e9ebcc62b_b.jpg

This looks great,well done.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8233735858_7e9ebcc62b_b.jpg

Awesome! how much time did you took to finish it?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8233735858_7e9ebcc62b_b.jpg

Awesome! how much time did you took to finish it?
    At least three hours. It was a slow day at campus, so I spent most of my free time on it. :)
    At least three hours. It was a slow day at campus, so I spent most of my free time on it. :)

Time very well spent! One of the best "Black & White-to-color" pictures out there :)