My James Bond Breakfast Recipe (The Heart Healthy version)

edited November 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 129
Here's a recipe I adapted from the original version.

Ingredients (Per person) - 2 Free Range Eggs, 1 Desert Spoon Half-Fat Cream Fresh, Tea Spoon Salted Butter (For flavour), Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper, Fresh Chives + 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread (Toasted).

(1) Crack Eggs & blend with a fork, season with the pepper.
(2) Melt the Butter in a pad, add the Eggs & whisk until sloppy.
(3) Add Cream Fresh whisk quickly until blended, remove from heat.
(4) Add Chives & whisk quickly till semi smooth in constancy.
(5) Cut Toast into Triangles, arrange in a single line overlapping at the points.
(6) Spoon over the Scrambled Eggs, sprinkle a little Sea Salt over & serve.

Try it & let me know what you think.

Comments

Sounds delicious i must get around to trying it someday thank you.
    Does sound good? May give it a try?
  • I, like Bond, love scrambled eggs. I'll try your version at the weekend. :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I may just try this over the weekend.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Am I to understand that your secret ingredient is ...alcohol?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Yum yum! =P~
    edited November 2012 Posts: 17,687
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Yum yum! =P~

Whiskey. Tennessee whiskey, Spock! Care for a little snort?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bah, with all that effort might as well go all the way and whip up a full English.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Bah, with all that effort might as well go all the way and whip up a full English.
    Recipe por favour?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Total anathema to the Bond lifestyle.
    You are free to eat it if you want but dont pretend it has anything to do with Bond:

'I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time' - as some bloke once said.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Total anathema to the Bond lifestyle.
    You are free to eat it if you want but dont pretend it has anything to do with Bond:

'I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time' - as some bloke once said.
    Jack London.

edited November 2012 Posts: 11,139
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Recipe por favour?

Eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, baked beans, hashbrowns and if you're brave enough you'd throw in chips(fries) and a cheeseburger with a glass of milk to flush it all down.

english-breakfast-bacon-scrambled-egg-sausages-beans-etc.jpg

doubleoego wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Recipe por favour?

Eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, baked beans, hashbrowns and if you're brave enough you'd throw in chips(fries) and a cheeseburger with a glass of milk to flush it all down.

Just to clarify for any foreign readers out there I don't know what part of England you come from doubleoego but a cheeseburger has absolutely no business being in a full English. Also chips are not strictly correct. And you missed out the mushrooms, tomato, black pudding and I would always substitute fried bread for toast.
    Not good for you in any way and to quote Partridge 'I'd have that every day if I could. But I'd be dead.'

I'm not sure about the milk either. I think tea is probably the classic drink but as I don't drink it (one the main reasons for the decline of the British Empire!) I guess I'd go for OJ but I don't think there are any particular rules about what one should drink. Maybe a Buck's Fizz to liven up the OJ a bit in Bondian style?
    Well, I'm from London and the core bulk of a full English is there in my description and you're right, chips abd cheeseburger isn't part of it but sometimes I just want to be greedy and keep it as unhealthy as humanly possible....not that I make a habit of eating such meals.
    We call that the ''full irish'' were im from ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    His tastes are really very strange. Eating beans in Breakfast (In Brazil, we just eat it on lunch or dinner, but not right at the day's beggining)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 129
    chrisisall wrote:
    Am I to understand that your secret ingredient is ...alcohol?
    chrisisall wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Yum yum! =P~

Whiskey. Tennessee whiskey, Spock! Care for a little snort?

Sorry to correct but that's Whisk not Whiskey, although who knows it may work?

"Ian Fleming said that James Bond prefers simple local food when abroad. Bond loves scrambled eggs. Fleming also loved scrambled eggs and gave his fictional alter-ego a taste for them. James Bond will eat them day or night he wrote. The author gave a recipe for "Scrambled eggs James Bond" in his non-fiction work Thrilling Cities".

X3MSonicX wrote:
    His tastes are really very strange. Eating beans in Breakfast (In Brazil, we just eat it on lunch or dinner, but not right at the day's beggining)

It may be strange to you but in England, we can eat beans and that's baked beans btw (the Heinz variety) at any given time. Harden stomachs do good comrades make, my friend.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Yep, nothing against it, friends. It may be strange, it may be Your tradition, but beans in breakfast here in my country results in
    big and long farts, lol
    Lol. Yep. In fact there's an old saying, beans beans good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart.
    Hahaha :)) that's true.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 129
    doubleoego wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Recipe por favour?

For a true English you'd drop the hash browns (Too American, no disrespect to the USA), replace the toast with fried bread instead, add mushrooms as well as in the photo & if you really want to be brave & have the full monty go for black pudding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

It's bloody horrible IMO, but IS part of a traditional full English.
    doubleoego wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Recipe por favour?

For a true English you'd drop the hash browns (Too American, no disrespect to the USA), replace the toast with fried bread instead, add mushrooms as well as in the photo & if you really want to be brave & have the full monty go for black pudding.

Yeah good call about the hash browns actually. As Greg Beam himself might say 'don't know how I could've missed that'.

I used to think black pudding was disgusting too but I had it served with some pork belly in a posh restaurant once and it was very good. I think if you get the good stuff it's not half bad. There's also a place in Porto high up on a cliff that does it with garlic and bacon - very decent as tapas.

What do we think for condiments gentlemen? Personally for a full english I couldn't countenance anything other than HP or Heinz ketchup depending on my mood.
    Coffee's a big deal. An Americano would fit the James Bond Breakfast list.

"Coffee... Very black"
  • doubleoego wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Recipe por favour?

Yeah good call about the hash browns actually. As Greg Beam himself might say 'don't know how I could've missed that'.

I used to think black pudding was disgusting too but I had it served with some pork belly in a posh restaurant once and it was very good. I think if you get the good stuff it's not half bad. There's also a place in Porto high up on a cliff that does it with garlic and bacon - very decent as tapas.

What do we think for condiments gentlemen? Personally for a full english I couldn't countenance anything other than HP or Heinz ketchup depending on my mood.

Totally agreed HP Brown Sauce or Ketchup no contest.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Why not try a Moonraker recipe? Drax's Cucumber Sandwiches (with a fruity twist as I say)

You will need:

2 pieces of bread, I prefer Hale and Hearty brand wheat but you can use whatever you wish

1 cucumber

Best Foods Mayonaise

1 banana

Pepper

1. Prepare your bread.

2. slather with mayonaise (so that the cucumber and bananas don't slide around)

3. Slice the cucumbers up, fry them if you wish for a more livelier taste

4. The bananas are surprisingly good with cucumber, trust me

5. Shake on a bit of pepper, I prefer cayenne ever so slightly to taste.