Wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving week

edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 96
A big thank you to all of you on this forum. It has been a pleasure to read your thoughts, to be kept abreast as to the latest news, and to share in all things Bond. In America this is a special week to give thanks, and that is what I am doing now, to both my fellow forum members in the US, and also abroad! Cheers!

Comments

• DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Happy holidays to you as well my friend. and if you ever get bored check out

WWW.infowars.com
  • Thank you so much DTK!

Where are you celebrating?

I will take a look at the site. Appreciative of your message.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for the kind works, @bondtheory. Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well.

Times are tough on here, and more often it seems we are at one another's throats. But, I want to thank you all for giving me a place I can retreat to after a long day to join similarly minded people to talk about one of my favorite things: James Bond.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    I'm celebrating here in the USA. To be specific Miami Florida. How about you BondTheory?
  • Hi DTK. I am going to Martha's Vineyard, then the next day doing some interviews there for a documentary I am doing.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Thanks for the kind works, @bondtheory. Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well.

Times are tough on here, and more often it seems we are at one another's throats. But, I want to thank you all for giving me a place I can retreat to after a long day to join similarly minded people to talk about one of my favorite things: James Bond.

What a wonderful message to get out Creasy. A time and place for peace!
    Where will you be celebrating this week?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Classes are over for me on Tuesday, so I'll come home late from campus that night back home. I was hoping to see my best friend over the holidays, but he goes down to see relatives in West Virginia (his native state). I hope I can avoid a dinner with my dad's side of the family. I can't stomach most of them, but that is a personal thing and doesn't have a place here.
    @bondtheory, I'm home for the week from college, and am spending my time at home with my girlfriend and my family. She leaves tomorrow for Baltimore to see her family, and I'll be here with other good friends and people I'm interested in seeing. How about yourself?

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, where exactly is your friend going in West Virginia? You should have joined him - I'm here!
  • Classes are over for me on Tuesday, so I'll come home late from campus that night back home. I was hoping to see my best friend over the holidays, but he goes down to see relatives in West Virginia (his native state). I hope I can avoid a dinner with my dad's side of the family. I can't stomach most of them, but that is a personal thing and doesn't have a place here.

Hi 0Brady,
    Yes, so many undergo difficulties with family during the holidays. I am sorry you may have less of a fabulous time. Hang in there, wishing you happiness during this time, and know you have friends on here.

• Creasy47 wrote:
    @bondtheory, I'm home for the week from college, and am spending my time at home with my girlfriend and my family. She leaves tomorrow for Baltimore to see her family, and I'll be here with other good friends and people I'm interested in seeing. How about yourself?

Enjoy your time off from your studies Creasy (or perhaps this can be a chance to catch up or get ahead!). Me? I am on Martha's Vineyard with freinds and colleagues, and shooting an interview there for a documentary I am doing. Have a great week!
    Thank you, @bondtheory. I'll spend it relaxing for the most part - it's much needed.

That sounds very nice, best of luck to you! Enjoy the times and company with friends.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, where exactly is your friend going in West Virginia? You should have joined him - I'm here!

I believe around Charleston.
    bondtheory wrote:
    Classes are over for me on Tuesday, so I'll come home late from campus that night back home. I was hoping to see my best friend over the holidays, but he goes down to see relatives in West Virginia (his native state). I hope I can avoid a dinner with my dad's side of the family. I can't stomach most of them, but that is a personal thing and doesn't have a place here.

Hi 0Brady,
    Yes, so many undergo difficulties with family during the holidays. I am sorry you may have less of a fabulous time. Hang in there, wishing you happiness during this time, and know you have friends on here.

I appreciate the kind words, @bondtheory. The same to you, my friend.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's only about four hours from me. Not too bad. He should have dragged you down here for a Bondathon.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's only about four hours from me. Not too bad. He should have dragged you down here for a Bondathon.

Funnily enough, he is the one who urged me to give Bond a chance. Now he realizes what a monster he has created. Instead of me coming to him for Bond questions, he comes to me. >:)
    Haha, how quickly things change like that. I had a friend back in high school who loved Dave Matthews Band. I gave them a listen, fell in love, and still to this day, they're my favorite band. Now I'm the one giving her information on new albums and tour dates, etc. Feels so different.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a great day (or night, depending on the fuse :D) and do pick up a great turkey! :-bd

Corbis-BE044661.jpg?size=67&uid=36f5976a-fe6b-4867-a39a-7a31e92377ba

On Brazil we unfortunately don't celebrate this day - we leave the best turkeys and tenders for christmas :P - but I appreciate it and i think it is a great day for love and solidariety sharing.
    Many thanks, @X3MSonicX. I had dinner at home then went up to my aunt's for the evening to spend time with my family. I had a very lovely time - wishing everyone else the same!
    Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all Bond fans worldwide! Off to Black Friday shopping to see if the Bond 50 set is cheaper :)
    Had a Vegan Thanksgiving yesterday and a delicious, meat filled, Thanksgiving today.

Happy Thanksgiving.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Happy Thanksgiving MI6 Community! :D
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Many thanks, @X3MSonicX. I had dinner at home then went up to my aunt's for the evening to spend time with my family. I had a very lovely time - wishing everyone else the same!

You welcome. I hope you had much fun with your family!
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all Bond fans worldwide! Off to Black Friday shopping to see if the Bond 50 set is cheaper :)

So your country will have Black Friday too? I thought it was individual, not worldwide.
    No no I'm in America (Chicago) I was just wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving no matter if they celebrate or not
    Happy Holidays, everybody!