At what age do you think Craig would be too old to play Bond

2»

Comments

Well he still in 40's.He Is still young. When Roger Moore was 45 or 46 when he debut as James Bond in Live & Let Die Timothy Dalton & Pirece Brosnan start in early 40's. Sean Connery when he left the series in 1971 he was in early 40's. He could done few more but his official Bond movie Never Say Never Again He was in early 50's. Daniel Craig not old to play James Bond. Don't forget Clint Eastwood was in 40's & 50's when did his Dirty Harry roles.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    First, I'd like to think 49 (like Brosnan) or, better 50 would be the right choice. But, as written above, age doesn't matter so much, proved by Connery's unofficial return, Moore's age was older than Connery's begin, and so does obviously Lazenby. It depends on which curve the serie is gonna take (remember Brosnan's darken departure contract, before C-R) and...the contract of the star.
  • Daniel Craig is 44. So I say by 50. But to be honest. I would love to see Daniel Craig stick around as 007 a little bit longer. I would like to see Daniel do at least 6 or 7 Bond films before he steps down as James Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:
    2 more max - after that no money or convincing will keep him.

I hope this is the case. If they can pull off two very strong final films then his tenure will be held in high regard. He's aged quite significantly when you look back at CR, so by the time he gets to B25 I think he'll probably be just about ready to hang up his walther. I can't imagine Dan being the type of guy who would want to look back in a decade and think, 'that was one too many'. I also think two films is enough time to finish his character arc (given the acceleration of it in SF).
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    As I've said before, hopefully Bonds 24, 25, and 26 all come out at 2 year intervals. That way we get three more films with Craig and he retires neatly and perfectly at 50. Does anyone think we're actually going to get a send off film for an actor for once? It seems behind the scenes stuff usually cut off an actors tenure, except maybe Connery and Moore.