What film is this?

Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
edited October 2012 in Trivia & Games Posts: 1,874
Which film has:-
A beautiful Russian spy sent to entrap our handsome spy hero who has a triple digit code name, only to fall in love with him.
A spy master who office is entered by double doors.
The Orient Express.
A criminal organisation the head of which uses the latest technology and fear to pursue their plans of extortion and revenge.
Any ideas good people?

Comments

• Which film has:-
    A beautiful Russian spy sent to entrap our handsome spy hero who has a triple digit code name, only to fall in love with him.
    The Orient Express.
    A criminal organisation the head of which uses the latest technology to pursue their plans of extortion and revenge.
    Any ideas good people?

FRWL?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FRWL. Why?
  • Carry on Spying?
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    No.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,929
    Which film has:-
    The Orient Express.
    A criminal organisation the head of which uses the latest technology and fear to pursue their plans of extortion and revenge.
    Any ideas good people?
    Hmmm. A bloody good film?

I'll have a guess and say xXx with Vin Diesel?

A digit is a number (0 - 9)
    So it can't be XXX...
    Quite right Anon, not XXX.
    Dear Posters, you will need a good knowledge of cinema, maybe going back further than you think!
    Is it one of those OSS 117 movies?
    I've seen it. Very good movie indeed.
    That's right Thepastykid, it is Fritz Lang's 1927 silent classic Spione (Spys) the film that wrote the book for spy films. If you can give it a whirl.
  • Okay

Which film has:

2 Bond alumni
    A mystery for another character to solve
    That character - the mystery solver - has a similar status to Solitaire
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Third Man?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 553
    Another member of the cast had a link to one of the James Bond actors. Yet another member of the cast was in a Bond film uncredited.

Much newer than The Third Man, but good guess.

Edit: Let's make life a little easier - 1970s
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,782
    The Man who would be King?

erm...

From Hong Kong with Love?

erm...

The Offence

erm...

got to be The Anderson Tapes.

nope - Murder on the Orient Express.

• Okay not quite

British film. Heavily butchered in editing. Fits into horror genre. Had a terrible Hollywood remake. Anyway I'd love one of you to get it..I got the first one, and I would someone to Equalise!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 553
    Okay not quite

Bond himself isn't in it.

British film. Heavily butchered in editing. Fits into horror genre. Had a terrible Hollywood remake. Anyway I'd love one of you to get it..I got the first one, and I would someone to Equalise!

Sorry for double post - went to edit and quoted instead

Day of The Jackal? I dunno.
  • The mystery is a missing girl, the venue is an island. Both Bond alumni were in the same Bond film
  • Wicker man doh.
  • Well done, all yours. Great film by the way, and originally screened in the UK as a double bill with Don't Look Now...which is now how I always choose to watch it. If you are unsure...well...Britt Eckland dancing naked.
    Well done, all yours. Great film by the way, and originally screened in the UK as a double bill with Don't Look Now...which is now how I always choose to watch it. If you are unsure...well...Britt Eckland dancing naked.

I thought she used a body double though.
  • Full body from behind where she is slapping the wall - that is a body double.
  • What film am I?

I'm a gardener who goes crazy and loves Ai?
    Uh, The Lawnmower Man?
    Absolutely nothing like the Stephen King novel - which is why he insisted his name was taken off the film!
    Am I right?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Uh, The Lawnmower Man?
    Absolutely nothing like the Stephen King novel - which is why he insisted his name was taken off the film!
    Am I right?

That film gives me nightmares...