Shooting (real world, not video gaming) questions

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited October 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 17,698
I'm shooting my Airsoft PPK, not a real one, but shooting is shooting (for the most part) so good tips from anyone will help.
When you aim, do you use the sight? Or do you hold the gun off your line of sight slightly & do the geometry in your head to hit the target? It seems to be working better for me the second way. Also, I'm getting very similar results both righty & lefty- is that unusual? I would expect to be noticeably better with one or the other...
This is the first gun (y'know, kind of a gun) I've ever owned.

Comments

• Using the sight on a gun can take some getting used to but once I got used to it I found out my aim was much more accurate.

But you should just do whatever works for you.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Using the sight on a gun can take some getting used to but once I got used to it I found out my aim was much more accurate.
    I know if I take my time & use the sight I'm most accurate, but to draw & fire immediately, I find that the sight is of no real help. Do you use the sight when you just draw & shoot?
    You know, you see all kinds of stuff in movies and TV, and I thing the wackiest thing I've seen was in Desperado the way the guns were fired in motion, every one of them every time. How the heck can you possibly aim well like that???
    I just tried to use the sight on a quick but not lightning fast draw and it worked pretty well, bullseye. \:D/
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    To be honest this really isn't my best subject. When I was in the army I probably only fired a few rounds from a hand gun. I think in America the soldiers carry sidearms with them almost all the time but we just used our rifles really.

Almost every film has unrealistic shooting ;)
    Almost every film has unrealistic shooting ;)

I had this article pointed out to me, thought I'd share:
    http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html