Does Blofeld's presence in "007 Legends" mean EON owns his rights?

2»

Comments

• Just make Blofeld the head of Quantum. There's no point ditching them for SPECTRE now but Blofeld coming back would really help the film publicity wise and could be great.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    bondsum wrote:
    Good news :-). I think I have said this too on the MI6 forums before. Blofeld and SPECTRE are indeed a little bit dated at the moment. So they will be upgraded for Bond 24...I am sure ;-).
    Yes, I recall it also, @Gustav. But we were shouted down by those telling us it wasn't true and that we were mistaken that EON now hold the rights.

That's not a bad idea, @mdo007, and I'm sure it could be made to work. However, I think the introduction of Blofeld might serve a new Bond better and give him the necessary added clout of having a worthy adversary to draw upon. I suppose it all depends on what antagonists John Logan has lined up for us in the next two installments?

Just make Blofeld the head of Quantum. There's no point ditching them for SPECTRE now but Blofeld coming back would really help the film publicity wise and could be great.

I'm not really comfortable of re-introducing Blofeld as either head of Quantum or SPECTRE. That's going to look somewhat awkward. We can have the head of Quantum character to be inspired by Blofeld, but it can't be Blofeld. Also, Blofeld got killed in 007 Legends (assuming the game is in the same continuity as the movies), so we can't magically bring him back into the film. I think for SPECTRE, I think the head should be either Nena Bismaquer (from For Special Services) or Tamil Rahani (From Role of Honour)

I have an idea of putting The Union from Benson's Bond continuity into the mix. I do have an idea of making a trilogy film involving Quantum/SPECTRE/The Union in it.

Bond 25 (should be title: Licence Renewed): This film should have the return of Quantum and the introduction of The Union. the plot involve Anton Murik a member of Quantum hiring the Union to use terrorist attack against rival company and assassinate Murik's political rival to help financial gain for his company and Quantum.

Bond 26 (should be title: For Special Services or Role of Honour): This film should re-introduce SPECTRE. The head of SPECTRE should be either Nena Bismaquer or Tamil Rahani. I think the plot should be based off of For Special Services.

Bond 27 (title: Nobody lives Forever): This film will have Quantum/SPECTRE/The Union forming alliance to kill Bond. The three organizations have hold the world hostages by terrorist attack whether it's bioterrorism, exploding historical building and tourist hotspots, assassinating political leaders, stirring up sectarian violences in unstable countries, and now they have went far to hold the UN hostages and threatening to detonate a nuke to blow up UN and New York. The organizations have placed canisters of Sarin gas in London and other parts of UK and have threaten to unleash death unless the world turn in James Bond. This last part of the trilogy will be so epic like on the same level as The Dark Knight Rises, I feel like we may need Christopher Nolan to direct this one. The last part of this film will have Bond battling all three like in the style of On her Majesty Secret Service (and other great Bond battles in past Bond films).

This is my dream Bond trilogy and how to bring these organization like SPECTRE, and Quantum together.

• You could have Quantum as the organisation and Blofeld as a recurring solo villian maybe? I don't like the idea of having two evil organisations.

I think 007 Legends has nothing to do with any of the films, even those it's based on, and it should be ignored completely. I don't think that terrible game will stop them bringing back Blofeld in the films.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    You could have Quantum as the organisation and Blofeld as a recurring solo villian maybe? I don't like the idea of having two evil organisations.

I'm still not comfortable of bringing back Blofeld, it'll look weird and out of place to me. I like thave a Blofeld-styled character but not a character named Blofeld. But my reason for having Quantum, SPECTRE, and The Union teaming up together is to give 007 more challenge to fighting more then 1 bad guys in a film. Having 3 organizations to take on Bond make the characters more obstacles and beside Bond usually fight one organization in one film, why not have 3 in 1 film. That add challenges to James and more obstacles for him.

I would LOVE to have a new continuity Blofeld introduced. Maybe not just yet, not until they are sure what to do with it. And I don't think they should ditch Quantum either: have Bond fight Quantum one last time and eliminate the menace in a proper fashion and then have a Blofeld, with our without SPECTRE, be the adversary in a new movie, just like he became the big baddie after Bond had a few fights with SMERSH.

And if they do bring back Blofeld, make him as close to the novels as possible and as far from the parodied versions that he became in the early movies: no Persian cat, no Nehru suit, no scar or bald head. Have him either large and brutish like in the novel TB or "vampiric" like in the novel OHMSS. Not to make an early casting call, but I could see someone like Ciaran Hinds as a TB Blofeld (although he would be too old if Blofeld ever shows up) or Gary Lewis as a OHMSS Blofeld. Blofeld should be older, wiser, smarter than Bond and be also a believable physical challenge.