What is the BEST James Bond Game? And why?

2»

Comments

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    GE64 was a phenomenon. I've played Bond games since I was 4, which was 1988. In that time I've never witnessed a game like it. It was so addictive, I used to play it at the back of English class on a portable casio TV hidden in my rucksack. One afternoon we managed a 4 player game without the teacher noticing. It was so popular my school had 3 competing 'GE Clubs' during lunch hour. Good times.

So it can be said that GE64 was the TB of Bond games?

I would say that yes. It was enormous. Imagine COD or GTA today, but with less competition and consequently a much longer shelf-life.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    GE64 was a phenomenon. I've played Bond games since I was 4, which was 1988. In that time I've never witnessed a game like it. It was so addictive, I used to play it at the back of English class on a portable casio TV hidden in my rucksack. One afternoon we managed a 4 player game without the teacher noticing. It was so popular my school had 3 competing 'GE Clubs' during lunch hour. Good times.

So it can be said that GE64 was the TB of Bond games?

I would say that yes. It was enormous. Imagine COD or GTA today, but with less competition and consequently a much longer shelf-life.

And I am sure that GE64 can at least partially be thanked for the present popularity of first person shooters.
    007 Everything of Nothing. Why because of the great combination of weapons and gadgets which was balanced so well and its rare to see that in a Bond game. Some will have more weapons to some to no gadgets at all. The whole story was done well it had all the major actors including Brosnan voicing their characters. It felt like an actual Bond movie, more than just a game. Bloodstone is my second favourite.
  • Only one Bond game changed the course of video gaming, and for that reason, Goldeneye gets it. It's up there with Doom, Halo, and Call of Duty 4 in first-person shooter greatness.
  • I am in the minority here but I'm a strong Bloodstone enthusiast. I think it definately has the best campaign of all the Bond games blending on foot action with driving sequences seemlessly. The only flaw is multiplayer. The multiplayer was glitchy slow and bland. A close second is QOS which would have easily won if it had a improved soundtrack and some driving sections.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Andrewbond wrote:
    I am in the minority here but I'm a strong Bloodstone enthusiast. I think it definately has the best campaign of all the Bond games blending on foot action with driving sequences seemlessly. The only flaw is multiplayer. The multiplayer was glitchy slow and bland. A close second is QOS which would have easily won if it had a improved soundtrack and some driving sections.

And it appears we will never find out who is the big baddie from Blood Stone. :(
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    And it appears we will never find out who is the big baddie from Blood Stone. :(

Everyone knows it's Blofeld :P

Just joking; they had a really bad use of the script/story there.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Everyone knows it's Blofeld :P

Just joking; they had a really bad use of the script/story there.

No, I think the problem is that they ended the game on a cliffhanger when they didn't know for certain if they would get a chance to do a sequel and continue that story arc. Not bad scripting, just bad planning.
  • For me it was EA's FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE. From the great character models to Connery voicing Bond, the game was a blast. Yeah there were liberties with the story, but the game was clearly made by people who loved the early Bond movies.
    Goldeneye Source
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    doubleoego wrote:
    This isn't news and we have multiple threads on this. Please look before you make a thread that for some reason you think doesn't exist already.

well maybe cos we dont bash of this website like you do you probaly spend your whole life on here so shut up
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 14,864
    samainsy wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    This isn't news and we have multiple threads on this. Please look before you make a thread that for some reason you think doesn't exist already.

well maybe cos we dont bash of this website like you do you probaly spend your whole life on here so shut up

This is adding nothing to the topic at hand. It's arguing over nothing and could also be considered spam.
    These kinds of posts are also not what we do around here. Thanks.

And to answer the original question.

It's GoldenEye64 followed by Everything Or Nothing.

bloodstone, nightfire,QOS & CR legends is ok so's goldeneye realoaded and tomorrow never dies who remembers that? but why make so many goldeneyes?
    Bloodstone takes it for me, but it wasn't very good. I have fond memories of Nightfire, but I haven't played it in years.

Truth is, we haven't had an amazing Bond game since GoldenEye N64 (which hasn't aged well).
    Bloodstone takes it for me, but it wasn't very good. I have fond memories of Nightfire, but I haven't played it in years.

Truth is, we haven't had an amazing Bond game since GoldenEye N64 (which hasn't aged well).
    true Sold my Nightfire because it was all in French.

The World is Not Enough for N64 was my favorite. I got it for C____tmas and played all day, all night, until I got a headache. I almost passed out but friends pulled me through they said, you can't let yourself go like this, lets tone it down. So I did. I only play once in a while now but a damn fine game.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Bloodstone or Quantum Of Solace. Because they were both in 3rd person.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,310
    For me it is certainly GoldenEye 007 for the N64. There have been other great Bond games (Nightfire, EON) but none of them will come close to GE64.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,631
    The original GoldenEye 007 for the N64. It's one of only two Bond games that I'd classify as being above mediocrity (the other being Everything or Nothing). The rest of the games have ranged from mediocrity (Blood Stone, Quantum of Solace) to downright awful (GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, 007 Legends).