Bond 24 delayd not because of MGM this time, but because of Sony (and Disney) ? *SPECULATIONS

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited November 2012 in SPECTRE Posts: 4,416
Bond 24 delayd not because of MGM this time, but because of Sony and Disney ?

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/945/Film/ar...n-Disney.dhtml
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/characters-374282-disney-lee.html

Disney must pay 5 billion to them because of Amazing Spider-Man, but Sony be the previous owner and cell them the rights whyle it not be aloud and also release the movie on BD/DVD.

I think there is mabey a change Disney wil claim that money from Sony, do you think this wil infact Bond 24 ?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Don't even show me this crap!
  • What is it delayed to?
  • This has nothing to do with Bond or Sony's agreement with them to back a new film every 2 years. I call BS on this.
  • I have just lost hope for bond 24 now, due to you know what. GB
    **IT IS NOT DELAYED**

There is a financial dispute over rights to MARVEL properties. @M_Balje is just suggesting and asking if this will have an effect on Bond 24.
    Hang on Disney paying Columbia? It would logically be the other way round, unless its Disney buying the rights for the full set.
  • tqbtqb
    I have just lost hope for bond 24 now, due to you know what. GB

seriously? over reacting?
    Can we just change the thread title? That was a terrible read.

Gareth - you can't be serious, can you?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If Disney can get the spider-man film rights back then that would be great. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Disney should be focusing on getting back properties that really need to return home; fantastic 4 being a glaring example.
    doubleoego wrote:
    If Disney can get the spider-man film rights back then that would be great. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Disney should be focusing on getting back properties that really need to return home; fantastic 4 being a glaring example.

They just got back daredevil a couple of days ago as 20th centuary fox hadn't started the remake as promised and F4 looks like will go the same way, but as you said Disney will get to the rights of Spider-Man over Columbias dead body, So it appears that the two SMs could be a thorn in Disneys side for a while.
  • Please change the thread title or close.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    as absurd as this posting is... i shall respond to it....

.... no...

Sony - that is Sony/Columbia - do not control any phase of James Bond film production.. pre-production and filming are back with MGM solely.. what they do control however is distribution of the film, meaning they are responsible for making sure the reels of film get to the theaters that they are assigned to..... so a pending legal battle over the franchise filming rights of Spider-man should not affect Bond 24 in the slightest....

now.... let us all move on.....
    W"M_Balje"]Bond 24 delayd not because of MGM this time, but because of Sony and Disney ?
    I did not come across it in this web. I check with IMDB. Nothing came up. So where did you get info from ????

• Thread heading is very misleading and suggests the poster is more informed than appears to be the case. I'm surprised that the moderators haven't intervened.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, very misleading title. Take this discussion here instead

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3995/bond-24-rumor-bin

<b>Closed</b>
This discussion has been closed.