The Bourne Legacy's impact on Skyfall

12346»

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    When Bourne has 50 years of entertaining audiences and 23 film's under it's belt then we can have a serious discussion but until that time, whether you're Bourne, Cross, Ryan, Hunt, Mills or whoever, you're still just a pretender to the throne just like every other comic book movie is a pretender to superman's throne and come next year just like what Bond's been doing, Kal-El is taking back the crown.
  • There's a Jack Ryan reboot coming out? I suppose it was inevitable. I'd rather they got Ford back and did another sequel.
    doubleoego wrote:
    When Bourne has 50 years of entertaining audiences and 23 film's under it's belt then we can have a serious discussion but until that time, whether you're Bourne, Cross, Ryan, Hunt, Mills or whoever, you're still just a pretender to the throne just like every other comic book movie is a pretender to superman's throne and come next year just like what Bond's been doing, Kal-El is taking back the crown.

Bond is the best, probably always will be but all those others you listed are pretty cool too imo.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    They are. I'm just stating that they all owe a lot to Bond in one way or another.
    T

Bond is the best, probably always will be but all those others you listed are pretty cool too imo.

Pfft. Seems like Bourne is on his way out while Bond is triumphant.

Bond has seen off Matt Helm, Johnny English, Austin Powers and numerous impersonators since 1962.

I knew that little bitch Matt Damon wouldn't last the course.

• edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    You're pronnouncing it wrong. It's

Maatt Daammoon :P

Bourne and Bond are complete opposites, neither are impersonating the other. And the others you listed are parodies (actually I'd like an Austin Powers 4).
    Looking at how both films have performed? I think they need a rethink on Bourne?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Looking at how both films have performed? I think they need a rethink on Bourne?

They need to close down shop.
    RogueAgent wrote:

They need to close down shop.

Nope, it is good to have competition.

And having only a 007 spy franchise would be boring.

The last Bourne movie was actually quite entertaining, not brilliant by any means but a decent watch. There should be a next one I hope.

• @SaintMark I completely agree with you. Bond needs competition and Legacy wasn't terrible.

They should make a 5th one with either Damon or a recast Bourne.