An evening with Sir Roger Moore.

2»

Comments

Anyone going to HMV tonight to meet Sir Rog?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,057
    Alas I can not go and see Sir Roger when he visits my local hometown, the lure of Skyfall on opening night in IMAX proving too alluring. A shame, but having met him before and getting my copy of "My Word is My Bond" signed by him, I don't feel like I'm missing out too much.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Sharky wrote:
    i have got tickets for the 26th at Norwich, me and my dad are going, i've treated him for his birthday. I tried to get the royal premiere for his birthday but couldn't get any tickets, but it has worked out ok because we're going to Hatfield for a Regional premiere on Thursday 25th and then going to see sir rog on the friday.

You and your Dad will have a great time sharky. Be sure to let us all know your thoughts once you have been? :-bd

Thanks RogueAgent, i'm really looking forward to it, once i've been i will let you know my thoughts.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Piersday wrote:
    For those who are seen him, is this good for kids? I was thinking of taking some 11/12 year olds to Norwich as I have extra tickets.
    I can't think of a better person to interact with the kids that Roger, actually. He just seems like he would be lovely with them, and judging from his UNICEF work, he clearly is devoted to that cause.
    Kananga wrote:
    Anyone going to HMV tonight to meet Sir Rog?

did you go and did you take any photo's - ?

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    My lovely wife has just booked me tickets for the Roger Moore event in Cambridge.
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11782&t=mi6&s=news

To say I'm a little excited would be an understatement.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,189
    @Benny It's well worth the trip if you haven't been already. To be honest I thought last year's session of shows was going to be his last.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    @Benny It's well worth the trip if you haven't been already. To be honest I thought last year's session of shows was going to be his last.

I've heard good things from friends, and members on here. I'm sure it will be worth it. We're taking a family holiday to the UK in October, and luckily that dates worked out.
    Moore has not been my favorite Bond, often because of the scripts, but he is definitely my favorite actor of all the Bonds, as he just seems like such a decent, authentically kind hearted guy. He also really held the franchise together after Connery. It could have easily gone south. EON owes him the moon.
    I'm with you there. I really don't like him as Bond, but I think we're so blessed to have had him in the role nonetheless. A very fine man indeed.