An evening with Sir Roger Moore.

edited October 2012 in Actors Posts: 12,506
Apologies to the mods if the thread exsists already? I know it has been discussed but it was not in the Actor category?
Tonight is the first night of this tour taking place at the Forum theatre in Malvern. Really excited as in 2 hours time myself, girlfriend and my mother who is a lifelong fan, will be sat 2 rows from the front seeing a true 007 champion!

Just wondered if there were any other members on here in the UK that were attending this particular show? If not i will post my thoughts about the show tomorrow! :-bd

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You are quite lucky mate. I hope you all have the time of your lives, and give ol Roger an eyebrow raise from me! /:)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I was fortunate enough to see and hear Sir Rog speak at an event in London to mark the launching of his autobiography four years ago. He was chatting with Emma Forbes of 'Live & Kicking' fame - and she had fantastic legs from what I recall. ;)

It was a wonderful event; he was extremely lucid and witty throughout. And at the end I managed to get a copy of his book signed by him and exchange one or two words with the great man. Marvellous memories.

Enjoy yourself tonight, @RogueAgent... :)
    Thanks guys! I am sure it will be a terrific night! Best go and get ready! Chat to whoever is on here tomorrow! Time to go undercover! B-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Have a great time, you lucky person!
    Where are the other locations Sir Rog is heading, may I ask?
  • anyone know how much the tickets are?
    What a fantastic nights entertainment! Sir Roger was an absolute delight and i would highly recommend everyone to go to one of his evenings. The stories were flowing from all aspects of his life.

Not gonna give too much away but 2 nice little tidbits of information. One was that he never watches his own 007 films but his wife Kristina ( Who was sat only 2 seats away from me!! ) does as she has not seen all of his films. ;)) He did say that one day last week he sat and watched The Living Daylights, and said what a great Bond Timothy Dalton was. Which drew a big approval of applause from the whole audience.
    The second was that Sir Roger CONFIRMED that a new series of The Saint is currently in planning by his eldest Geoffrey who is running the project!

For shows and prices check his website. Mine were £22.50 per person. Well worth it too! :-bd
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great to hear Sir Roger has not watched The Living Daylights, something I believe before he hadn't done. I hope he now sees Licence To Kill.

Thanks for the information @RogueAgent, I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Congratulations, @RogueAgent. I am thrilled to hear that you had a good time, mate! :)>-
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I was there too, great great night. @RogueAgent I was sat next to the guy who asked Sir Rog.
    "When jaws had his hand round your face, did you ever shit yourself?" - I didnt know whether to laugh or cry..what a bizarre question that was. :-/
    Great venue and Rog was on great form for a very busy 84 yr old. God love him. :-)
  • I was there too, Sat on the front row! Roger was a true gent! So good to see your heros live up to expectations :) My favourite moment was when a member of the audience asked him if he would utter the words "The names Bond...James Bond!" Which he did to great applause, special moment!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,506
    No way guys! Shame we didn't meet in person. I was sat second row from the front to the left of the theatre where his wife was sat and his agent.

My personal favourite part was Roger's story concerning where he and Cubby Broccoli visited Maurice Binder whilst filming the titles! And the infamous vaseline! What a brilliant story that was! Had tears in my eyes on that one. That's 2 Bonds i have seen in person now.

What an amazing man and life he has had. We saw a true legend and a true gentleman last night! Glad you enjoyed too as much as we did! :D
  • AHAHA! Yes, what a story that was! I was sat front to the right so i wasn't far from you at all aye. I travelled from Liverpool to see the legend himself, the theatre was much larger than i was expecting too (bigger the better)

We did indeed see a true gentleman last night, Cheers Rogue glad you enjoyed it too mate!
  • I'm trying not to read too much of your experiences as I don't want to spoil the fun of hearing the stories from the great man himself. I'm attending an afternoon with Sir Rog in Southampton next Tuesday at the Mayflower theatre. I can't wait! From what I have read above, sounds like you guys had a great time!
  • The true fun of the show is the questions and answers segments, so be sure to think of a good one, we had some crackers last night ahaha!

Enjoy the show Myworldisenough (Y)
  • The true fun of the show is the questions and answers segments, so be sure to think of a good one, we had some crackers last night ahaha!

Enjoy the show Myworldisenough (Y)

Cheers friend, I know I will. What question to ask though? It'll have to be Bond related, the only trouble is there's so many, many questions I would love to ask!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited October 2012 Posts: 642
    My report is up on the main page folks if you fancy a butchers;

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/event_sir_roger_moore_2012_tour_report.php3?t=&s=&id=03317
    WOW. Someone asked Rog to name all the Bond movies in numerical order and explain each ranking? Sheesh. Some people ask the most "off the wall" questions. Bravo for Sir Rog to have the patience to share his thoughts and memories. I think I'll put in a DVD and watch one of his Bond movies now.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 642
    It was a little embarrassing when this got asked. Poor Rog was stuck for a moment, it was a bit selfish to ask or at least a question for another time. Rog was a pure gent all evening and it definitely will stay with me for a long time.

I got back about 1am and dived straight into TSWLM. Brilliant.
    i have got tickets for the 26th at Norwich, me and my dad are going, i've treated him for his birthday. I tried to get the royal premiere for his birthday but couldn't get any tickets, but it has worked out ok because we're going to Hatfield for a Regional premiere on Thursday 25th and then going to see sir rog on the friday.
    Sharky wrote:
    i have got tickets for the 26th at Norwich, me and my dad are going, i've treated him for his birthday. I tried to get the royal premiere for his birthday but couldn't get any tickets, but it has worked out ok because we're going to Hatfield for a Regional premiere on Thursday 25th and then going to see sir rog on the friday.

You and your Dad will have a great time sharky. Be sure to let us all know your thoughts once you have been? :-bd
  • RC7RC7
    Great night tonight at The Rose Theatre! Roger was on great form. Here's a little clip of his standing ovation.

It's late I'm tired but two interesting Bond related things he said...

He thought DAF was hilarious and Connery's best (that's how it came across anyway) and he saw a screening of Skyfall yesterday - which he's insistent makes Craig the best Bond ever in his eyes (surpassing Connery).

Oh and Eunice Gayson was sat just behind me.

RC7 wrote:
    Great night tonight at The Rose Theatre! Roger was on great form. Here's a little clip of his standing ovation.

He thought DAF was hilarious and Connery's best (that's how it came across anyway) and he saw a screening of Skyfall yesterday - which he's insistent makes Craig the best Bond ever in his eyes (surpassing Connery).

That quality is much better than my video (I was sat further back).
  • RC7 wrote:

Least Sir Roger recognises a great Bond film and likes DAF. Met him yesterday at Bluewater...what a man, what a legend
    Roger Moore is a world treasure.
    I think Nicolas Cage will be trying to attain Roger Moore when he again plays Ben Gates, because he is a "national treasure".

*BA DOOM BOP*
  • For those who are seen him, is this good for kids? I was thinking of taking some 11/12 year olds to Norwich as I have extra tickets.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Piersday wrote:
    For those who are seen him, is this good for kids? I was thinking of taking some 11/12 year olds to Norwich as I have extra tickets.

Do they like Bond? Will they know who he is? Because he recounts a lot of old stories involving stars of the past.
    Hi all

I had the pleasure of attending the show in Southampton today, the content was pretty much as already discussed, and as always his charm, candour and humour came shining through!

The vast majority of the show was on his career other than Bond and that's fair enough, also I think this was deliberate as most audience questions were Bond related.

He gave a wonderful story about Desmond Llewellyn, saying how he would get the director, cast and crew in on a wind-up of poor Desmond that there was a last minute script change, apparently "Q" was very particularly studious on knowing his lines before he got on set :D

He did use the stage to talk about his work with UNICEF including some of the disturbing things he has seen in his excellent work on its behalf, quite heart wrenching.

He did reaffirm the already quoted line from previous, that having now seen Skyfall he considers DC as "the best Bond yet and ever will be" and, that Skyfall will go down as the best movie yet.

For me the highlight was when he was talking about his characters (the saint, persuaders etc) how they were almost cartoon fiction not as "real" as DC's Bond. He referred to each role and topped it with a line or hummed the theme tune......then about playing 007 he said "and of course, I had the line "The name's Bond.......James Bond....".

I heard the man say THAT line, in person......I am soooo grateful.

^:)^
  • I too went to see Sir Rog today at the Mayflower Southampton. He was on top form, humorous, self-deprecating, a true gent. His impression of Nik-Nak was great and followed up by his story of Maud Adams giving a witty put down to the Actor who played him, when he suggested going to her hotel room to make mad passionate love to her. Her retort was to say "If you do and I find out about it, you'll be in trouble!"

Great day out topped off by getting a book signed by the great man himself and having a little chat with him, if only for a matter of seconds!