If skyfall gets bad reviews will you still go see it at the cinema?

1235»

Comments

• Sandy wrote:
    Of course I will! The reviews could say it was the worst film ever made that I would still watch it.

One thing is when you are thinking of going to watch a film in the cinema but you're not quite sure. You read the review and maybe (only maybe) that will help you make a decision. Another thing is being a fan and deciding that because someone else didn't like it, it's suddenly not worth it.

A Bond fan will watch the film at a cinema, unless it is virtually impossible. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

Watching a film in a theater is another experience altogether, not just for Bond but for any motion picture. It cannot be repeated at home unless you have a cinema at home, and I'm talking about a real one not a home theater system. And even then, it lacks the almost religious experience of entering a room with a bunch of strangers and hopefully a few friends and share, for the time the film lasts, a common experience that will never be repeated again.

Rant over.

Great points @Sandy!

I agree, what kind of a Bond fan would I be if I didn't go watch Skyfall? For as long as I'm able to I will go watch the latest Bond movie at the theater regardless of what critics say about it. There's nothing that comes close to the experience of watching a Bond film for me and I'll always find something to enjoy in each of them.
    what I meant about the Greek broad was this....Marlohe "is" the Bond Girl and will be forever in the history books....I think the Greek broad was just trying to steel her thunder thats what I meant......
    sohot2 wrote:
    what I meant about the Greek broad was this....Marlohe "is" the Bond Girl and will be forever in the history books....I think the Greek broad was just trying to steel her thunder thats what I meant......

'Greek broad'. Can you use her name?

She's an actress without much success appearing in a huge blockbuster in a star studded cast. I'd be pretty excited too.