Sony Electronics SKYFALL television spot

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited October 2012 in News Posts: 1,380

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,500
    What a great TV spot. Such a smooth line at the end.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That was pretty cool, very good.
    My favourite still remains the Bravia ad that coincided with QOS, that threw explosions at Bond, but this ad was ace too!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TPM007 wrote:
    My favourite still remains the Bravia ad that coincided with QOS, that threw explosions at Bond, but this ad was ace too!

I totally forgot about that ad. That was really great, and probably my favorite, as well. Reminded me of the scene from 'Sherlock Holmes.'
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    One of the best Bond ads produced yet. Let's hope more like it are made in the future.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Didn't really do it for me I'm afraid, very TND feel about it, too little DC and the adverts subtext seems to be saying 'Even our newest and most sophisticated security products are no match for a determined intruder'...very curious!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Looking for someone? What is that supposed to convey? Face recognition software runs utterly slow on a SONY product? The ad looks stylish, but leaves me entirely unshaken. Ask me a minute later and I could not tell you what company it was for.
  • oo7oo7
    so sony are the new spectre
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    What annoys me about this advert is, it's simply Bond going around beating people up terminator style. There's no stealth or slick sleuthing. Bond simply storms in and bullies his way to his objective.
    Great ad! Love the simple line at the end. :-bd
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    doubleoego wrote:
    What annoys me about this advert is, it's simply Bond going around beating people up terminator style. There's no stealth or slick sleuthing. Bond simply storms in and bullies his way to his objective.

Doesnt that represent daniel craigs bond though. He is a tougher and more go in without stealth type of person. ?

Not really. Being tougher shouldn't mean going in like Rambo. This is James Bond. There's supposed to be an element of pinache and refinement. Had this been a promo to tie into CR or QoS then fair enough as Bond was still "learning". I like Bond being tough and kicking butt but there needs to be an acknowledgement that he's a spy as well as an assassin. Sleuthing, stealth and tactical espionage; not John Rambo or John Matrix.
  • I understand what you are saying. There should be a sence of stealth, but i still think they are going for a more go in guns blazzing bond for todays era.

But it is just an advert after all, so im happy with it.
    They've been doing the go in guns blazing schtick since 1995. However, you're right it's just an advert. I really hope SF really do turn out to be Bond with a capital B.
  • I think it's a great advert, very slick with a great delivery at the end. So what is he beats his way in. It's only a short advert, not enough time to creep around all stealth like!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    woulda liked to see him pull up in the DB5
    doubleoego wrote:
    They've been doing the go in guns blazing schtick since 1995. However, you're right it's just an advert. I really hope SF really do turn out to be Bond with a capital B.

Yes, I hope so too. I think it will be because some images from Skyfall, in Shangi, show bond sneaking around in a building. So i think it must have that spy stealth elements to it aswell as the going in with force, what daneil does well at. lol

Slight change of subject....

I know the DB5 is back, but i am hoping for an actual chase, simular to the sean connery ones. Do you think they will be a good car chase in Skyfall. ?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Is it me or isnt this just all a bit demeaning to the character?

Do other franchises do this? The only one I can think of is Yoda a while back for some phone company and it was pretty dismal.
    I dont mind bond been more tougher than the previous bonds, however, it still needs to stick with ian flemings creation. I know he's not here to see it, but they should always keep it the way he created him.

Skyfall producers explain why James Bond faces biggest challenge yet
    http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/193303-skyfall-producers-explain-why-james-bond-faces-biggest-challenge-yet/
    I dont mind bond been more tougher than the previous bonds, however, it still needs to stick with ian flemings creation. I know he's not here to see it, but they should always keep it the way he created him.

Skyfall producers explain why James Bond faces biggest challenge yet
    http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/193303-skyfall-producers-explain-why-james-bond-faces-biggest-challenge-yet/

Have you read Fleming's Bond? Not exactly Roger Moore..
  • Is it me or isnt this just all a bit demeaning to the character?

Do other franchises do this? The only one I can think of is Yoda a while back for some phone company and it was pretty dismal.

I get your point and it does seem Bond leads the way with marketing tie-ins. In an ideal world fiction and selling products for big companies would not mix but it does. As I've said in previous threads before its not ideal but if these companies pay huge cash and this means we get bigger and better movies then I can live with it.