"Can you play any other tune?": Who should perform the next Bond theme...?

Comments

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    If they want to go with a modern, fresh, hotter-than-hot-right-now artist (which they haven't really since the '80s with A-ha and Duran Duran), then either Adele or Florence (And Her Machine) wouldn't be a bad idea - with the right tune for either, that is...

Plus, there's the additional fillip that both are British, which'd be the first time an all-out British artist would've done a Bond theme since the Duranies. Which'd be nice... ;)
    Yes.... Now that could work!? Would be interesting!

But I feel it's a done deal, and Adele will be our girl!? :-\"
    Which i'd settle for, done right of course!!!
    Oh I could go with any of the old classics!
    Foreigner, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Rush, Boston, Chicago, The Who, Steve Miller Band, Led Zeppelin, Styx, Heart, Kansas, Blue Oyster Cult, Billy Squier, Bad Company, REO Speedwagon, Genesis/Phill Collins, or The Cars

Any of these would work amazingly!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Eon should just give Adele exclusivity to do the theme for SF and be done with it. The girl is ridiculously talented, she's at the top of her game and the sing will end up being a smash hit too. You can't lose. This movie is said to be amazing, compliment it by giving us a true artist in Adele.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Eon should just give Adele exclusivity to do the theme for SF and be done with it. The girl is ridiculously talented, she's at the top of her game and the sing will end up being a smash hit too. You can't lose. This movie is said to be amazing, compliment it by giving us a true artist in Adele.

I agree sport! Adele singing the theme of Skyfall will be the icing on the cake. Not only as Bond fans we could be reassured of having a classic Barry-Bassey theme but also it will make great publicity of the movie to the general audience.
    After reading some of the posts, I wouldn't like Adele to sing SkyFall's theme. I find Adele's voice to be incredibly annoying and headache-inducing, and couldn't fathom her actually being a part of my favorite film franchise. If any song got way too much airplay time, it was Rolling in the Deep!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2012 Posts: 5,979
    00Beast wrote:
    If any song got way too much airplay time, it was Rolling in the Deep!

And that's Adele's fault how?

I think she gets to do the title song, if she wants it.

I would love to see McCartney do the end credits song.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    00Beast wrote:
    After reading some of the posts, I wouldn't like Adele to sing SkyFall's theme. I find Adele's voice to be incredibly annoying and headache-inducing, and couldn't fathom her actually being a part of my favorite film franchise. If any song got way too much airplay time, it was Rolling in the Deep!

Couldn't fathom Adele being part of the list of artists being a part of Bond?? Look, we have madona and the keys/White collaboration as part of the series. Adele would be a significant improvement and an epic coup for Eon.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Adele just mopped up the Grammys and I think she is the favorite. Seems to me like a very good idea with the right song of course. I'd love McCartney doing end credit song, too. Especially nice to have Brit artists for Skyfall as it is a special anniversary film.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Adele just mopped up the Grammys and I think she is the favorite. Seems to me like a very good idea with the right song of course. I'd love McCartney doing end credit song, too. Especially nice to have Brit artists for Skyfall as it is a special anniversary film.
    I second that idea. They should commission the theme song to Adele and ask McCartney back for the end credits - now that would be a nod to Bond history.
    I'd like to see a Adele Buble duo. If not, I'd rather see Buble singing the title sequence.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 14,825
    0013 wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I agree sport! Adele singing the theme of Skyfall will be the icing on the cake. Not only as Bond fans we could be reassured of having a classic Barry-Bassey theme but also it will make great publicity of the movie to the general audience.

Adele wouldn't be my first choice, but she has a very good voice and can certainly pull it, with the right material. Marketing wise it might be the best choice, actually.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    00Beast wrote:

I thought I was only one!
    royale65 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

I thought I was only one!

You both are numpties. ;)

It is about time that the franchise gets a decent titlesong which has a chance with DA far far away.

And with Adele would stand a chance of getting a new high in titlesongs for the 007 series.

I know the Arctic Monkeys have come up before:

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I know the Arctic Monkeys have come up before:

Sounds like me annoying the neighbours! Without the band and crowd! :)) However thanks for sharing as i had never heard this before. I had heard they are big Bond fans though! Good on them, they have good taste!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,745
    They, alongside their band conterpart, with the lead singer from the Arctic Monkeys called The Last Shadow Puppets, incorporate a full orchestra in many of their songs. Its a very unique sound, alternative rock with orchestra. I believe they write their own sheet music to, so I wouldn't mind if they did a Bond soundtrack once ;)
  • What would Mr Bond be without his singature Bond theme tune and his Bond open credit songs. Yes, Bond songs come and go, some have earned their classic Bond status privilege others just fade away.

In light of the next movie and having been a Bond Song enthusiast, I would pitch for Katherine Jenkins to sing the next Bond song and I say this for the followng reasons:
    I believe Katherine can reinvigorate the Bond franchise with her classic voice. No doubt she is a Bond fan herself and when I spoke to her at her HMV signing for Daydream, I told her that it would be nice to see her do a Bond theme song and why not for Skyfall itself?

Indeed she did mention that she would enjoy doing a Bond song, so I guess it's up to the Bond producers and the Bond directors to follow up their interest in asking Katherine whether she would still be interested to sing the next Bond song.

My most favourite Bond songs throughout Bond's almost 50 year history in films are:
    From Russia with Love,
    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights.

And my most favourite Bond Theme Tune is Nic Raine's Symphony Version couresty of the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.

I think Katherine would fit the bill for the next Bond song, she is a beautiful young lady with a wonderful voice.
    It remains to be seen as to who finally gets the prize of singing Bond 23. I have heard that interest has been shown towards Noel Gallagher for Bond 23, we will avidly watch the Bond 23 updates space.
    With kind regards,
    Neil.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    fanbond123 wrote:
    The Pet Shop Boys - classic pop group. Have had many hits since 1985. Here is the sort of song they've done that would suit a Bond film. I think this song would be great for Skyfall - nice and moody:

I think they deserve a chance to write and record the song. :) They're still going strong and are recording a new album. How about Eon giving them a chance to see what they can come up with?
    You all know my thoughts on Adele..
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1848/adele-and-michael-buble-have-a-fair-chance-of-recording-the-next-james-bond-theme-song-skyfall/p3

But if it were possible to have another singer, Lady Gaga (would be interesting)
    or MUSE, I love MUSE.......

OR EVEN BETTER A MIX OF AWESOME ARTISTS LIKE LAST FILM ...
    it was a surprise for me to see Jack White and Alicia Keys together.. awesome.
    Ya see this is an example of a good idea, but too much for mainstream, they just couldn't go with it. Nice idea though.
    St_George wrote:
    If they want to go with a modern, fresh, hotter-than-hot-right-now artist (which they haven't really since the '80s with A-ha and Duran Duran), then either Adele or Florence (And Her Machine) wouldn't be a bad idea - with the right tune for either, that is...

Plus, there's the additional fillip that both are British, which'd be the first time an all-out British artist would've done a Bond theme since the Duranies. Which'd be nice... ;)

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

If she is choosen, then I could finally say that I was excited for SkyFall. [-O<
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Well, me and @TrueMiracle85 have been having our own personal "Who should perform Bond 23's theme" discussion for quite a while and a lot of names have come up. There is one particular artist that I don't think anyone has suggested here before.

Paloma Faith!

Her last album actually came out about 2 years ago but she is releasing a new one very soon (in a month or so).

She has an unusual look but I think both her voice and her music style are just perfect for a Bond theme.
  • Yes! Paloma Faith! :D

I want to add this other video of a live performance by her. At the moment this is the song I keep playing most often. ;))

Hopefully we will get an anouncement soon so we can kind of imagine what type of song we are going to get?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Yes! Paloma Faith! :D

I want to add this other video of a live performance by her. At the moment this is the song I keep playing most often. ;))

Great video and great song! How I'd love for her to sing the theme-song. Tell me if her version of Wild is the Wind doesn't sound Bondian

[url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nCz7Af0EjYY?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nCz7Af0EjYY?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,400
    get bond.

How about - as it looks like Adele But with Sir Tom Jones duet.
    He is in the public domain right now, thanks to the new sat night programme ????
    He can still sing and with the Adele, I could see a number 1 hit coming.
    They would also perform it as a special event mystery guest at the Bestival in September as a first time apperance of the song.
    How mad would that be.
  • largo2 wrote:
    How about - as it looks like Adele But with Sir Tom Jones duet.
    He is in the public domain right now, thanks to the new sat night programme ????
    He can still sing and with the Adele, I could see a number 1 hit coming.
    They would also perform it as a special event mystery guest at the Bestival in September as a first time apperance of the song.
    How mad would that be.

I agree with you largo2! This duo would allow for the 50 year celebration without distracting the story by inserting retro. A duet involving these two would seem more organic, if you will. Great thought!
  • Listening to Born to Die (Album) by Lana Del Rey, and thinking she could pull of a classy theme tune. There are a lot of bond -esque tunes on the album, and some of the string arrangements on some songs have a bond-like vibe. Plus she is rather attractive too.
This discussion has been closed.