Albert Finney

edited September 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,548
The one Skyfall character we still know very little about is AF's character Kincaid. All we know is that he has some past connection M. He hasn't even featured in the trailer, with the exception of the split second freeze frame in the teaser! I wonder if EON have deliberately kept this character under more wraps than the others! Intriguing.

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I also wonder the same thing. But does he have any connection to M, I thought it was to Bond?
    Another one that is being kept under wraps is Helen McCrory. In this case not even a glimpse!
    I too wonder why they are being so secretive about these character. They were important enough to have their casting announced but then it was total blackout.
    Its very under wraps indeed, but I rather keep it that way myself! This will be one of the first times I go into the cinema to see a Bond film where I only know less than 50% of the story!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sandy wrote:
    I also wonder the same thing. But does he have any connection to M, I thought it was to Bond?
    Another one that is being kept under wraps is Helen McCrory. In this case not even a glimpse!
    I too wonder why they are being so secretive about these character. They were important enough to have their casting announced but then it was total blackout.

I think McCrory will turn out to be Moneypenny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Whew. I thought this was an RIP thread. The tears were coming... #:-S
    Sandy wrote:
    Another one that is being kept under wraps is Helen McCrory. In this case not even a glimpse! I too wonder why they are being so secretive about these character.

Yes, they are secretive about Finney's character but I don't think they are secretive about the character played by McCrory. Her character is simply very small and not that significant.

...and no, she is NOT playing Moneypenny.
  • and no, she is NOT playing Moneypenny.

Why not? She could be, they have been pretty secretive about it.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,619
    and no, she is NOT playing Moneypenny.

She is 44 years old. They wouldn't hire a 44 year old actress to play Moneypenny for the first time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

She is 44 years old. They wouldn't hire a 44 year old actress to play Moneypenny for the first time.
    I'm just glad that we have stopped the "Eve is Moneypenny" argument for a while.
  • i dont think eve will ever become money penny. if she did, i wouldnt like that idea Money penny should never be a field agent, she is someone who works at the desk. I know they are changing things with daniel craigs era, but that would be going to far.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

I'm just glad that we have stopped the "Eve is Moneypenny" argument for a while.

what? she's not? :O

Apart from the jokes, i guess that, even if he's not shown on the trailer, he's got a big part in the movie. He is connected with M, no doubt he'll appear a lot.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 1,215
    I
    X3MSonicX wrote:

what? she's not? :O

Apart from the jokes, i guess that, even if he's not shown on the trailer, he's got a big part in the movie. He is connected with M, no doubt he'll appear a lot.
    He's more so connected with Bond than M. As far as I know he doesn't appear in the movie for that long.
  • Couldnt he be the new M???
  • I posted my view on the entire plot of 'Skyfall' here: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3957/will-operation-skyfall-be-a-modern-day-interpretation-of-dr.-nos-toppling#Item_3 .

Concerning Albert Finney's role as Kincade: I have the feeling he will be the link between 'M' and ex-secret agent Raoul Silva. And I have the feeling it's not a very nice link...

I am starting to get convinced that Ralph Fiennes will indeed play the new 'M'.
  • Couldnt he be the new M???
    Doubt it, I don't think he has any political ties. At least not recently, he's supposed to be a bit of an old, eccentric character who is taking care of the Bond family home, since the only surviving Bond clearly doesn't spend much time there and probably hasn't even been there for many, many years.
    Perhaps Finney is the head of Quantum who was accidently holidaying at Skyfall lodge at the most unluckiest of weeks? ;) =))
  • and no, she is NOT playing Moneypenny.

Craig is 44, so it's not like there would be a huge age gap, I don't see why she couldn't be Moneypenny.

Craig is 44, so it's not like there would be a huge age gap, I don't see why she couldn't be Moneypenny.

I agree, in fact I think she would be perfect!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's because she's playing Clair Dowar, an MP.

Why all of a sudden do people think the role someone is said to be playing, isn't true and it's all just a cover up? Not everything is there to trick you!
    Samuel001 wrote:

Why all of a sudden do people think the role someone is said to be playing, isn't true and it's all just a cover up? Not everything is there to trick you!

We know, but she would make a great Moneypenny!

Funny thing is, when I read your comment, I misread MP for Moneypenny and not Member of Parliament.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

We know, but she would make a great Moneypenny!

She would but her time has passed. Look at the ages of the other actors to play the part. McCrory is just too old.
    Sandy wrote:
    Funny thing is, when I read your comment, I misread MP for Moneypenny and not Member of Parliament.

That is funny.