Do we have any photographers on the boards?

CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
edited September 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 8,034
I've recently started my career in photography. Had it as a module on my Film Studies course in college, ended up becoming obsessed. Are there any photographers on these boards, amateur or otherwise? :)

Comments

Extemely amateur and out of practice, but I enjoy it. Film and photography.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That's cool. If you were in practice, would you have any particular taste in imagery or would you be the kind to take pictures of anything?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2012 Posts: 16,331
    I'm an Interactive Media major. I love photography and video. I like portrait photography and Macro Photography. I also take pictures for posters. I make alot of fake movie posters in my spare time and hopefully someday, I'll make a movie. I'm pretty amateur right now though.
    Where did you study @Murdock?
    I've recently started doing a lot of music photography. I'd still regard myself as an amateur in terms of experience but I've been starting to get a few paid gigs lately taking pictures of bands in venues. Some of my friends began recording their album not so long ago and they've asked me to direct their music video. Something I'm looking forward to, very much. I also do pet photography on the side.

422908_3838061706198_1610407726_n.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited September 2012 Posts: 16,331
    I'm studying at the Central Ohio Technical College. I'm almost finished. I don't do any paid things yet. but I plan on starting a business when I get all the resources and stuff.

Nice picture. I took a similar one not to long ago, I'll upload it soon.
    That's cool, I'm in to my final year of Film Studies too.

Looking forward to seeing it.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 114
    Here's my Flickr if your interested! I don't study photography, but I invested in a camera and see capturing interesting moods as a hobby I enjoy greatly.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthBork wrote:
    Here's my Flickr if your interested! I don't study photography, but I invested in a camera and see capturing interesting moods as a hobby I enjoy greatly.
    WOW
    =D>

You sure know how to work those shadows. Beautiful use of light and dark, and the colors are astounding. Any one of them would make great desktop backgrounds. You sir, have been bookmarked.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthBork wrote:

Beautiful, beautiful work. The pictures remind me of the marketing stills from TGWTDT.
    DarthBork wrote:

That's absolutely fantastic stuff. What camera do you use?
  • Cheers all, very flattered indeed.
    That's absolutely fantastic stuff. What camera do you use?

I use a 60D, used to have a 550D (T2i). Couldn't recommend the 60D enough. I use alot of manual old lenses that I adapt to fit on the camera, makes lens buying much cheaper and quirky looking!
    Very nice indeed. I'm currently using a 600D and I'm looking to.upgrade somewhere in the near future. The 60D seems like the logical choice.
    Trying to reinvigorate this thread in the hopes there's more budding photographers on the boards. Here's more of my stuff recently:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32821471@N04/
    Stunning photographs @DarthBork!

I'm quite a keen photographer but unfortunately have never had any professional training to help me improve my techniques!
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 114
    Matt wrote:
    Stunning photographs @DarthBork!

I'm quite a keen photographer but unfortunately have never had any professional training to help me improve my techniques!

Nor have I, all self taught @Matt, I took inspiration from my favorite cinematographers and trying to learn from their images and figuring out how to emulate it. It's such an enjoyable hobby I can't recommend it more, always exciting to develop your own style and find amazing things in just everyday life, really opens your eyes. Also incredibly frustrating when you don't have your camera with you when you do spot something!
    Quite agreed on your last point!

I'd never of thought you were self taught - you could be a professional with photos like that!
    Matt wrote:
    Quite agreed on your last point!

I'd never of thought you were self taught - you could be a professional with photos like that!

Thanks! You should put up your stuff, always good to see other peoples work.