RIP CORGI Bond

edited September 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,782
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19534262

woof woof aaaaahhhhhh uh.

Comments

Rip Monty, you will go down in bond history as one of the first major dog roles.

(actually when I saw this on the HQ my thumb covered the canine part on my iPad. I nearly dropped iPad, if you see what I mean.)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well it is sad, but maybe 13 is a good number of years for the little chap. Hope it was peaceful. I didn't think either corgi looked old in the Bond tribute Olympic moment. They were cute, especially as they looked up at the helicopter. No matter the # of years or the fame, a beloved pet is one of the family.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sad news, it's not nice losing a pet, no matter their age.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    All Dogs Go To Heaven.
  • oh well. im glad it got a moments of fame and got to meet 007. rip .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, if your last weeks are spent at the Olympics while meeting James Bond, there are no regrets for that dog to have. :o3
    RIP Monty! You were fab! Just like your two chums! Woof Woof! :o3
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    And there was me thinking this was a thread slagging off the comical busisness acumen of the jokers working at Corgi who have decided to mark the 50th anniversary of one of their biggest sellers over the years by merely condescending to release just the DB5. Yet again.
    And there was me thinking this was a thread slagging off the comical busisness acumen of the jokers working at Corgi who have decided to mark the 50th anniversary of one of their biggest sellers over the years by merely condescending to release just the DB5. Yet again.

I thought it involved something like that too.
    I must say that as my first thought as well. Shame on me.

Anyway, as someone who had a dog for some 15 years, I empathise with Her Majesty. Especially as Monty was such a cute dog.
  • i wonder if the Queen is going to have him stuffed and mounted?

Will he get a mention at the end of Skyfall credits?
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NNdm8eQ5-o0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NNdm8eQ5-o0?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,929
    i wonder if the Queen is going to have him stuffed and mounted?
    As long as it doesn't make him a stiff-ass Brit.
    Will he get a mention at the end of Skyfall credits?
    Actually, they're going to put him in the MGM logo instead of the lion.