Blofeld's "Garden of Death" exists..

edited September 2012 in Literary 007 Posts: 5,772
I read Cracked every day, and thanks to that site, I just discovered something weird.

Not only does Blofeld's "Garden of Death", from the novel YOLT, exist...

But you can find it in England.

Third entry on that list:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20002_7-badass-tourist-destinations-criminally-insane_p2.html?wa_user1=2&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=feature_module

Funny, no ?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm impressed. This should silence all those Bond fans who say it can't be adapted to screen.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Brilliant! The link to the garden's website is fascinating, I fest like I was back in toxicology classes.
    QBranch wrote:
    I'm impressed. This should silence all those Bond fans who say it can't be adapted to screen.
    Very true, I personally would love to it to happen!
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Just going back over my previous comment, it was actually the suicide topic in YOLT that would be difficult, or risky to adapt to screen- not the garden itself. My mistake. Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing this garden for myself if I ever visit England.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    EON need to get someone on the phone. The first Bond 24 location has been found.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    EON need to get someone on the phone. The first Bond 24 location has been found.

Picture Craig doing the Connery-snoop with PPK in hand through this beauty:
    143744_v1.jpg
  • Samuel001 wrote:

One thing at a time Samuel, we haven't finished completion on Bond 23 yet

Samuel001 wrote:
    While they're at it, they can cast Poison Ivy as Bond girl. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    While they're at it, they can cast Poison Ivy as Bond girl. ;)

No, after her last film appearance, no! :-L
    This is normally where I'd say something like "but maybe she's turned over a new leaf", or another stomach-turning pun- but that just increases the chances of the mods closing this thread. So back to the topic at hand :)
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Oh my, if only they had this back in the 60's, then You Only Live Twice would've bee closer to the book.