Dr. No 50th Anniversary Soundtrack

2»

Comments

This just makes me want a complete TSWLM release, especially considering not ONE track from the soundtrack appears in the film...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TPM007 wrote:
    This just makes me want a complete TSWLM release, especially considering not ONE track from the soundtrack appears in the film...
    I want an Expanded soundtrack for....
    FRWL
    TSWLM
    MR
    OP
    AVTAK
    LTK
    and GE.

8->
  • FRWL Lost
    MR Lost

The others are possible.
    Moonraker lost!!? I can perhaps understand original recordings from the early 60's going amiss but to have the same thing happen for a 1979 original recording is bordering on criminal negligence.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    bondsum wrote:
    Moonraker lost!!? I can perhaps understand original recordings from the early 60's going amiss but to have the same thing happen for a 1979 original recording is bordering on criminal negligence.

Tapes are chemically speaking very unstable. They can spontaneously combust rather easily. So until the digital era, such an event could ruin a work of art. I'm not sure, however, that's what happened. Anything else, like you said, is a matter of negligence that can neither be understood, nor condoned.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The closest thing to getting an extended score for Moonraker and even Man With The Golden Gun, is here. http://www.youtube.com/user/gkgyver This person, transcribed the audio off the DVD's and remade them as close to the original tracks as close as possible. Not perfect, but I added most of them to my Bond soundtracks that are lacking.
  • Moonraker was recorded at Davout Studios in Paris. The tapes were stored at the studio. At some point the studio informed all tape owners to collect their property before they were thrown out. Apparently nobody collected the Moonraker tapes.

Very negligent and frustrating.

Never say never but it doesn't look good.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 157
    Murdock wrote:
    The closest thing to getting an extended score for Moonraker and even Man With The Golden Gun, is here. http://www.youtube.com/user/gkgyver This person, transcribed the audio off the DVD's and remade them as close to the original tracks as close as possible. Not perfect, but I added most of them to my Bond soundtracks that are lacking.
    That is incredible work! much more listenable than the FX track mixes. he's done some cues from Moonraker, OP, AVTAK and TLD as well.

more details:
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/f92/man-golden-gun-expanded-score-flac-gkgyver-108343/
    dchantry wrote:
    I purchased this today. Once its here (dispatched October) and I've had a chance to listen, I'll update everyone if its worth the cash.
    I just wanted to repeat my interest in reading reviews from any buyers. Thought I post that now, so noone has to search for the thread too long once he has got his cd ;-) .
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 824
    The new Harkit release of Dr.No contains 13 tracks played by the "John Barry Orchestra" according to the Harkit website including Dr.No's Fantasy!.

A pile of junk put out by a company that doesn't have a clue about much of the music it releases.

To be avoided!
    The new Harkit release of Dr.No contains 13 tracks played by the "John Barry Orchestra" according to the Harkit website including Dr.No's Fantasy!.

A pile of junk put out by a company that doesn't have a clue about much of the music it releases.

To be avoided!
    Admittedly the song titles and credits seem quite on the weird side, yet the samples soud like right out of the film.

So if anyone got this, I´m curious to hear about it first hand.

• Worth a try, worth a buy. If good then would be cool to see all the films done.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 824
    Love at Last (alternate)

Not on the Harkit, nor is the original version.

So, curiosity got the better of me.

It´s basically the old album, plus the title sequence as it is in the film (4:14), plus three short orchestra cues (0:28, 1:11, 0:46). Plus a second version of Barry´s adaptation of the James Bond Theme (1:59).

I left out all tracks I found annoying and got to a playing time of around 18min, half of which are the previously unreleased tracks, which are, albeit very short, by far better than most of the rest of the album, which in its entirety amounts to 47:43.

The sound quality is very good, it might be slightly different than on the original album, but not at all in a negative way, judging by my stereo system.
    This morning i attempted to listen to this soundtrack on Itunes which has worked fine for months only to find out it's been pulled from the US Itunes store. The Harkit Records website says "Due to bereavement Harkit will be back in the new year. We wish everyone well over the festive period and a happy 2020. Emails and phone messages will be answered as quickly as possible." It seems I will never be able to listen to this album again.