Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,369
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - Maurice Binder also did the title sequence.

Iconic title sequence... To me anyway :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    wpraqamxo1oj.jpg

One of the most beautiful women to grace the silver screen.
    RIP Raquel Welch
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Easily my favourite Mork and Mindy episodes with Raquel Welch...
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    A nice summary of my feelings as well....
    i liked her 90s shows too......Spin City , Seinfeld , CPW , Lois & Clark
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 6,816
    "Ah, dovechick!"!
    R.I P. Raquel Welch
    Gorgeous in her heyday, as well as great movies mentioned here. I also remember her in little seen western calked 'Hannie Caulder'
    And of course there was that prickly interview with Terry Wogan! ( "It is Terry, isn't it?" )
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Claudine Auger is in my to 3 Bond Girls, but Raquel Welch is still a missed opportunity of the 1960s or 1970s (and 1980s too if i'm honest).

the-most-desired-woman-of-9.jpg

R.I.P.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,808
    The late Claudine Auger is my personal favourite Bond girl of them all (so beautiful, lovely figure and manner) but Raquel Welch would've been a fine alternative.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Only seen her in the Musketeers-films, in which she was excellent. I must give more films of her a watch very soon.

RIP Raquel
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Come to think of it...since she was in The Three Musketeers (1973), I must have seen her in a movie after all. That's because I remember that that movie was shown as in-flight entertainment when I travelled to the States as an exchange student on a chartered Pan Am Boeing 707 in 1974, my first cross-ocean flight experience. I just forgot that she was in it. (I also remember that I first consciously heard some Joni Mitchell songs over those godawful tube-type airline headphones then, but that's hopefully no subject for this thread for a while.)
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    And of course there was that prickly interview with Terry Wogan! ( "It is Terry, isn't it?" )
    Who can blame her - he did pretty much ask her if she was jealous of her daughter's youth and success! :-O
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Venutius wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Who can blame her - he did pretty much ask her if she was jealous of her daughter's youth and success! :-O

Interviewers can be arrogant and disrespectful.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RIP Raquel Welch, gone far too young. Much like Marilyn Monroe before her, she was so much more than a beautiful face and body. It's nice to see her remembered for all that she was.
    Raquel Welch Performing Her Own Stunts | The Dick Cavett Show

Raquel certainly had the athleticism to be an superior Bond Girl.

As a side note The Dick Cavett Show channel on YouTube has some excellent interviews including more with Raquel and quite a few with Sir Roger. I found the channel last year highly recommended.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Dick Cavett seems severely underrated. I never hear him mentioned amongst the big talk show hosts throughout broadcast history, but he should be up there. He had a very easy, light, comfortable vibe about him, which is perhaps why so many big stars became relaxed and revealed more of themselves when on his program.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, Dick Cavett seems severely underrated. I never hear him mentioned amongst the big talk show hosts throughout broadcast history, but he should be up there. He had a very easy, light, comfortable vibe about him, which is perhaps why so many big stars became relaxed and revealed more of themselves when on his program.

Agreed the Stars have a very relaxed demeener when being interviewed by Cavett, though his interview with Brando is what you would expect from Brando. Generally there are no awkward moments or egos clashing in Cavetts shows, he appears to genuinely get on well with everyone.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 2023 Posts: 2,928
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Interviewers can be arrogant and disrespectful.
    Yes, Wogan tried to come over all amiable and bumbling, but a lot of it was a front to disarm - if you kept in mind that he was a rabid Thatcherite you could see some of the things he said in a very different light!
    Generally there are no awkward moments or egos clashing in Cavetts shows, he appears to genuinely get on well with everyone.

Aside from Norman Mailer:

Revelator wrote: »
    Generally there are no awkward moments or egos clashing in Cavetts shows, he appears to genuinely get on well with everyone.

Aside from Norman Mailer:

It's the first time I have watched that particular interview, that was very funny. I am not sure who the lady is though what she said was brilliant.
    The lady is Janet Flanner, the Paris correspondent for the New Yorker.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    https://people.com/movies/stella-stevens-dies-at-84/

The actress died Friday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease, her son Andrew Stevens confirmed to Variety and Deadline

RIP Ms. Stevens.
    The Silencers

Stella Stevens seemed to be in most things I watched as a kid from Matt Helm to Wonder Woman. R. I. P.

The actress died Friday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease, her son Andrew Stevens confirmed to Variety and Deadline

RIP Ms. Stevens.

I'm sure she was a better actress than her son if his performance in Columbo: Murder in Malibu (1990) is anything to go by.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

RIP Ms. Stevens.

I'm sure she was a better actress than her son if his performance in Columbo: Murder in Malibu (1990) is anything to go by.

I never knew that was Stella's son, that particular episode is one of the worst Columbo TV Movies for sure.

RIP Ms. Stevens.

I never knew that was Stella's son, that particular episode is one of the worst Columbo TV Movies for sure.

No, I don't think I realised his mother was an actress too but that's definitely the worst Columbo episode for me. More like Murder, She Wrote fare in fact and the director Walter Grauman had directed a few episodes of that show.

RIP Ms. Stevens.

No, I don't think I realised his mother was an actress too but that's definitely the worst Columbo episode for me. More like Murder, She Wrote fare in fact and the director Walter Grauman had directed a few episodes of that show.

It's very dated pretty much everything looks artificial and the sets and clothes are very bland in Murder in Malibu. The guest stars are not the usual standard either.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 12,269
    Just a few months after losing my other grandmother, I lost my last one today. This also leaves me with no grandparents left at all, which is very surreal. Unfortunately, I didn’t see her very many times, and whenever I saw her last was many years ago. As a result, I wasn’t particularly close with her, but I know she cared about me and my family, and I certainly cared about her and thank her for having been in my life in the capacity she was able to be. All my grandparents lived far away from where I’ve been most of my life, so it made it difficult to see them often. But I will always carry the fond memories I do have of them. RIP Grandma, you will be missed, and your legacy will endure.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 15,818
    My condolences, @FoxRox. Very sorry to hear this. I lost my grandfather last summer and he was my last remaining grandparent. It's very surreal and hard to fathom.
    My thoughts are with you.
    @ToTheRight

Thank you very much, it really does mean a lot to me. I am sorry for your loss as well. Death is something that I feel just can’t be comprehended. The best we can do is brave through it together when it comes.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,369
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Just a few months after losing my other grandmother, I lost my last one today. This also leaves me with no grandparents left at all, which is very surreal. Unfortunately, I didn’t see her very many times, and whenever I saw her last was many years ago. As a result, I wasn’t particularly close with her, but I know she cared about me and my family, and I certainly cared about her and thank her for having been in my life in the capacity she was able to be. All my grandparents lived far away from where I’ve been most of my life, so it made it difficult to see them often. But I will always carry the fond memories I do have of them. RIP Grandma, you will be missed, and your legacy will endure.

Sorry for your loss, I lost all my grandparents by the age of 22, it can be tough though you do get through it. I was very close to one of my Grandfather's who died 27 years ago though I was just thinking about him the other day. People who pass away continue to advise us, all we need to do is remember what they stood for and reflect on the great memories.