Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Maxi Jazz has passed away. For those who were around in the '90s, he used to lament, "I can't get no sleep" as the voice of Faithless.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Maxi Jazz has passed away. For those who were around in the '90s, he used to lament, "I can't get no sleep" as the voice of Faithless.

RIP Maxie, his music was definitely a part of my childhood.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2022 Posts: 17,808

Sad to hear of Maxi Jazz's death. Can't believe he was 65 years of age. Didn't think he was that age at all, but still too young to die. This was a favourite song of mine featuring him from about 20 years ago:

There was also this polemical classic with Faithless:

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I remember him naming Dalton as his favorite Bond and TLD his favorite film.
    That reminds me, an co-worker of mine impressed me when he said Dalton was his favourite, along with TLD. He surprised me how knowledgeable he was on the films, which year they came out etc. He also remembered DAD but didn't have anything bad to say about it. It's easy to forget there are educated fans out there who aren't on the forums.
    Sad to hear this, I'm a big fan of Faithless. Heard so many of their songs play in the clubs back in the early 2000s. 'Mass Destruction' was another great one that sounded a bit different and would mainly hear this on the radio a fair bit in between party time.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Jo Mersa Marley, the Grandson of Bob Marley has died.

Portuguese singer Linda de Suza, who was very popular in France during the 80s, has passed away today from CoVid, aged 74 :

https://time.news/singer-linda-de-suza-dies-at-74/

And Radio Times has announced that british comedian John Bird has died, aged 86 :

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/john-bird-actor-dies-aged-86-newsupdate/
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Soccer legend Pele has died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/sports/soccer/pele-dead.html?

Not completely unexpected, given that we knew he was in failing health, but still....
    RIP Pele
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Soccer legend Pele has died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/sports/soccer/pele-dead.html?

Not completely unexpected, given that we knew he was in failing health, but still....
    RIP Pele

I heard he had been unwell in hospital, very sad news R.I.P. Pele.

main-qimg-e2b12f2a7fbcef46822855f69a4eddca
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP to the true GOAT of the game.
    Pele.
    xjyd3h05vtsm.jpg
  • And here's another loss: Ian Tyson (of Ian & Sylvia, one of the great bands of the early '60s "folk music scare") has passed. You may never have heard of him, but he was HUGE in Canada. Ian was a fabulous songwriter, here's one of his best known songs, "Four Strong Winds" :
  • Ian's biggest hit might very well have been "Someday Soon" as recorded by Judy Collins (with Steven Stills as a background guitarist.) Here's Judy with Ian & Sylvia:

• edited December 2022 Posts: 1,639
    Shabana Rehman was ahead of her time as a pakistani female comedian in Norway , she also had the guts to lift terror simpatico mullah Krekar.....lets just say Krekar was not impressed by that stunt :P

Only 46 yrs old :(
    Vivienne Westwood has died.....
    Benny wrote: »
    RIP to the true GOAT of the game.
    Pele.
    xjyd3h05vtsm.jpg

Indeed. What a legend.

RIP, Pele :(
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2022 Posts: 4,443
    3057ce91b950215de1c2c9f15f969ba2.jpg

pele.jpg?itok=5eRbblPC&offsetX=0&offsetY=93&cropWidth=1910&cropHeight=1074&width=2048&height=1152&impolicy=dynamic
    With Johan Cruijff

MV5BM2Q3ZGQ0MDQtYzU3MC00ZWRlLTgxMTQtZGU3YWNjY2VhNDUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg
    barbara-eden-movie-star-sepp-blatter-general-secretary-of-fifa-roger-moore-actor-movie-pele.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=5p64fGmItUVvUUF7FWlvVVOsBXipYoK_MZRXcG-dTWA=
    With Sean and Roger

ANP110921062-1.jpg?itok=JvuJYFYY&width=2048&height=1152&impolicy=semi_dynamic
    Now he is realy a Saint. Rip...
    Great pictures @M_Balje :)
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    RIP Barbara Walters.

A trailblazer and a legend. Of course, I still remember Gila Ratner's "Baba Wawa" on SNL.
    director Deodato died , controversial with Cannibal Holocaust
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,548
    Tracy wrote: »

RIP, Ruggero. And thank you for your movies.

Another passing is former Pope Benedict's.

skynews-benedict-pope_6009525.jpg

He said many things I cannot agree with, despicable things even, which hurt me as a scientist, atheist and human being. He was also a gifted philosopher. Either way, RIP, Joseph!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,390
    Tracy wrote: »

RIP, Ruggero. And thank you for your movies.

Another passing is former Pope Benedict's.

skynews-benedict-pope_6009525.jpg

He said many things I cannot agree with, despicable things even, which hurt me as a scientist, atheist and human being. He was also a gifted philosopher. Either way, RIP, Joseph!

RIP 🙏 Catholic here.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,369
    Escape To Victory - Pele Goal

Its been a while since I watched this film, going to see if I can get it on Bluray.

Pele
    Bobby Moore
    Michael Caine
    Sylvester Stallone

Now that's a team.
    In Memoriam in Doctor Who :

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Anita Pointer followed her two younger sisters to R&B Heaven at the age of 74. RIP.
    Escape To Victory - Pele Goal

Its been a while since I watched this film, going to see if I can get it on Bluray.

Pele
    Bobby Moore
    Michael Caine
    Sylvester Stallone

Now that's a team.

And Paul Van Himst ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A final message from the late Maxi Jazz:

• edited January 2023 Posts: 1,639
    Bert Åke Varg (funny , "varg" means wolf)

This actor was prolly in all 318 episodes of Rederiet - it aired for 10 (!) yrs , Swedens most popular drama series......despite his age of 90 I cant really understand hes gone , he made a HUGE impact as Gustav the hot headed engine room man on that show. Gustav also held shipping tycoon Reidar by the ears sometimes if Reidar was thinking of doing any un-ethical stuff against his enemy Pehr Silver to get back at him , he he :P

Now Gustav dont have to deal with his troublemaker son Tony any longer , lol

(Richard Johnson , candidate for 007 in DN played an american on Rederiet who Tony was gonna do biz with)

RIP :(
    Okay, so reposted here.....This one was lost in other thread.

Drummer Fred White, an early member of US band Earth, Wind & Fire, has died at age 67, his brother and former group announced.

RIP.....
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Okay, so reposted here.....This one was lost in other thread.

Drummer Fred White, an early member of US band Earth, Wind & Fire, has died at age 67, his brother and former group announced.

RIP.....

Yes indeed...as part of EW&F, he was one of the greats. I'm still thrilled by their classic recordings.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    American comedian Kelly Monteith has sadly passed away. He had a TV show in the UK back in the 80's which I used to love. I also saw him do a live performance once in London. R.I.P