Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 21 Posts: 13,105
    Niki Lauda has passed away. You may know him from the 2013 film Rush, portrayed by Daniel Bruhl. He survived a near fatal accident in 1976 that left him with third degree burns all over his body. He resumed racing in Formula 1 within 2 months of his accident, and added a 2nd & 3rd world championship to his list of achievements.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Planet of Death
    I haven t seen that film, but I remember Niki Lauda. He was a huge racing name in the 70s.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns The Phantom Planet
    R. I. P. Niki Lauda an F1 Legend
  • barryt007barryt007 Getting counselling by Sir Roger over Kara Milovy
    That was a shock,he has been looking well lately.

RIP Niki Lauda.
  • BennyBenny Welcome to Japan Mr. BennyModerator
    RIP Niki Lauda, one of F1's greatest drivers. A truly courageous man.
    RIP Jean Beaudin, Quebec film and TV series director. Les Filles de Caleb is one of the greatest tv series Quebec ever created, masterfully directed and still very watchable.
  • edited May 24 Posts: 1,508
    The career of British Prime Minister Theresa May. She has resigned due to the Brexit shambles. Leaves office on June 7th.
    RIP Judith Kerr. Mog is a favourite of my son.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @fanbond123, please do not wander off into political territory in this or any other thread. Thank you.

20 yrs since Owen Hart died
    Tracy wrote: »

20 yrs since Owen Hart died

Very tragic I remember watching the ppv...
    Farewell, Kerr Avon. Paul Darrow has passed away, aged 78.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/06/paul-darrow-1941-2019.html
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe S.A.R.A.H.Moderator
    Timelash has a bad reputation, but Paul Darrow as Tekker is so deliciously ott.

tekker.jpg
    "Save your breath for the Timelash, Doctor. Most people depart with a scream."

RIP
    RIP Paul Darrow

tekker.jpg

RIP

I can never understand the dislike of Timelash, there are far worse episodes IMO.

R. I. P. Paul Darrow...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe S.A.R.A.H.Moderator

tekker.jpg

RIP

I can never understand the dislike of Timelash, there are far worse episodes IMO.

R. I. P. Paul Darrow...

At the end of the day, it's all just opinion. Just like when Genesis Of The Daleks was voted the best DW story of all time. I don't even think Genesis is the best Dalek story, never mind best story. It's good, but it's not THAT good. Same goes for Timelash, generally considered to be the worst, I don't agree there either.

tekker.jpg

RIP

R. I. P. Paul Darrow...

At the end of the day, it's all just opinion. Just like when Genesis Of The Daleks was voted the best DW story of all time. I don't even think Genesis is the best Dalek story, never mind best story. It's good, but it's not THAT good. Same goes for Timelash, generally considered to be the worst, I don't agree there either.

I like Genesis of the Daleks the key scenes are great though admittedly some of the parts that lead up to key scenes are plodding, the story could have been trimmed down.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sad to hear of the passing of legendary New Orleans musician Dr. John at the age of 77:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/dr-john-dies-new-orleans-music-legend-soundtrack-stalwart-and-actor-was-77-1202628466/
    TRIP in peace.
    Italian director Franco Zeffirelli passed away, aged 96 :

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48648278

Addio, Signor Zeffirelli, e grazie mille !
  • edited June 18 Posts: 929
    Director Knut Andersen (Olsen Gang crime comedy "OBs siste bedrifter" , Egon goes to Swiss but gets double crossed , naturally he swears revenge)
    Gerard wrote: »
    Italian director Franco Zeffirelli passed away, aged 96 :

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48648278

Addio, Signor Zeffirelli, e grazie mille !

He was a great director.
    French actress Edith Scob passed away, aged 81. Among her most famous roles was the young disfigured woman whose father killed young girls to transplant their faces to her in Georges Franju's Les Yeux sans Visage :

https://actu.orange.fr/societe/culture/disparition-de-l-actrice-edith-scob-magic-CNT000001gMgvh.html
    Gerard wrote: »
    French actress Edith Scob passed away, aged 81. Among her most famous roles was the young disfigured woman whose father killed young girls to transplant their faces to her in Georges Franju's Les Yeux sans Visage :

https://actu.orange.fr/societe/culture/disparition-de-l-actrice-edith-scob-magic-CNT000001gMgvh.html

That is a great film. Such a memorable role.
    Max Wright (dad from ALF)

Billy Drago
  • BennyBenny Welcome to Japan Mr. BennyModerator
    Billy Drago as Frank Nitti was one of the highlights of 1987's 'The Untouchables'
    Despite what he did to Sean Connery. Wonderful performance from Drago. RIP.
  • barryt007barryt007 Getting counselling by Sir Roger over Kara Milovy
    He was OUTSTANDING in the Untouchables,one of the many highlights of that great film.

This is a real shame - RIP Billy.
    400px-PRColtArmy-7.jpg

Billy Drago R. I. P.

He was a very convincing slimeball and slippery character with some good credits to his name including Pale Rider and several Chuck Norris films. He was an instantly recognisable character from my youth, he also appeared in a Michael Jackson video alongside Michael Madson, Chris Tucker and Marlon Brando.
    Benny wrote: »
    Billy Drago as Frank Nitti was one of the highlights of 1987's 'The Untouchables'
    Despite what he did to Sean Connery. Wonderful performance from Drago. RIP.

Yes, one of the most memorable characters from that movie.