Mi6 so old fashioned: The new name of Mi6community

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited August 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 4,444
should be..

Of course it isn't but if Silvia take this forum over and you must give this forum a new name what it going to be.

I think about a older subtitel of the forums in the old days: Keeping The British End Up

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't get it. Why should they change the name of the forum?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    This isn't Headlines or Feedback.

Next time i'll gt p1ssed off and i'll yell at the guy who makes a wrong thread.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,936
    Clearly @M_Balje isn't serious- it's just a fun little game he's thought of (so I would suggest a thread title rename and move to Trivia & Games). I'll play along.
    If this forum were to get hijacked by said criminal mastermind, I'd call it 'Silva's Tongued Devils'. ;) Forget the abbreviation.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    @M_Balje, you mystify me to this day. I am waiting up for the National Geographic documentary centered on you.
  • Bizarre.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 11,425
    That line in the trailer doesn't ring true. Perhaps in that brief period between 1989 and 2001 the Secret Service seemed a bit of an anachronism, but since 9/11 who thinks intelligence is "old fashioned"!? Not very good perhaps, especially in light of the failure to find Osama for ten years or WMD in Iraq, but hardly old fashioned. Who writes this stuff?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Getafix wrote:
    Who writes this stuff?

The same people who wrote such masterpieces as DAD and QOS, hahahaha.

I like TWINE and CR, and I know Craig has been bigging up the script, but Purvis and Wade have such a bad track record I'm not really expecting amazing writing for SF.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Is Balje conspiring against us? Trying to take over the forums, sir?

CruiseInterrogation.jpg
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote:
    Who writes this stuff?

The same people who wrote such masterpieces as DAD and QOS, hahahaha.

I like TWINE and CR, and I know Craig has been bigging up the script, but Purvis and Wade have such a bad track record I'm not really expecting amazing writing for SF.

I had hoped Mendes would insist on a quality story and script but everything I've heard so far does not sound very classic.

"Some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first." Sounds like some dumbass line Arnie would say, except from Arnie it would be amusing and from Craig it just sounds dumb. Is that the way Bond speaks?

I know I'm going to be accused of prejudging but if these are the lines that they choose to put in the trailers, what else are we suposed to go on? For me they began to lose the measure of who Bond is with LTK and they've never quite got it back. CR and QoS were decent but I actually feel Craig's performances so far have been a little hollow - and that's the scripts' fault as much as it is his. I like DC and have enjoyed his first two outings but I really want to see him nail the character (as I believe he is capable of doing) with SF and worry that the script may let him down again.
  • Getafix wrote:
    For me they began to lose the measure of who Bond is with LTK and they've never quite got it back.

Have to disagree there. I think you probably know my views on LTK and the Brosnan films. CR is good too.

I think they've started to lose it with QOS, but I think they'll get it back for SF.
    Getafix wrote:
    I like DC and have enjoyed his first two outings but I really want to see him nail the character (as I believe he is capable of doing) with SF and worry that the script may let him down again.

I agree with you here. I like Craig but as great as CR was, I think it's a bit overrated and I'm not a huge fan of QOS. Even though Craig was the highlight of those films, I don't really think he's nailed it yet, mainly because he's been playing the rookie Bond.

That's why I'm looking forward to SF, it's meant to be classic Bond. But I'm not that big on what I've heard of the story so far. I'm sick of M being and the whole MI6 gets attacked idea was done in TWINE. I know I can't fairly judge it and I'll have to see the film but I don't like the look of the story.

Cast is great, action looks great, girls are hot, villian looks menacing, lots of it seems like classic Bond but I'm not too sure about the story.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    <b>Since no one got the point of this thread, it turned into an off-topic SPAM fest, which now will be put to rest</b>

lock.jpg
This discussion has been closed.