Can you imagine MAD donna in any other Bond films?

edited August 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,492
Well, we all saw Madge in DAD as Verity and she stunk the place out.

Whatever she is like as a performer and artist but she has never been much of an actress (Evita maybe) but can you imagine if she came back? She had polaroids of Babs and Mickey and they signed her up for CR?

She'd do her own brand of naff innuendo badly in the Bahamian hotel receptionist scene. She tries to make eyes at Bond and goes bosseyed.

Her fencing costume was on show at the Barbican exhibtion and someone said her costume looked "leathery like a crocodile"

The jokes just write themselves.

Comments

in a word Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! %-( X_X :))
  • Can't ever see that happening. Her performance in Dire Absolutely Dire however was inspired. It was the perfect performance in keeping with the film ;)
    Can't ever see that happening. Her performance in Dire Absolutely Dire however was inspired. It was the perfect performance in keeping with the film ;)

It was...

Everybody was rubbish wern't they? Pierce, Halle, Toby....If there had been a Laurence Olivier performance in there it would have stood out like a sore thumb.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    in 2 Words: HELL No.
  • haha :) I see this as a thread to make fun of what that scene could have been like,
    so imagine her taking over torturing Bond from Le Chifre (all she'd have to do was sing Die Another Day)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    haha :) I see this as a thread to make fun of what that scene could have been like,
    so imagine her taking over torturing Bond from Le Chifre (all she'd have to do was sing Die Another Day)

For the fact that she doesn't have... Balls... let's use her... Breasts.

LOL-4.png
    If you think Madonna was bad in Die Another Day, then nobody's seen Body Of Evidence

I don't mind Ciccone as a music artist, but think she should just steer clear of movies, she evidently can't act but since Die Another Day was the abomination it was, her cameo didn't make much of a difference to the all round disaster that was Brosnans last entry, but that theme intro was something unbearable to all mankind. I do feel they will even let her have another go sooner or later, nobodys going to pay any attention to fans on a Bond forum, what we say will make no difference to the higher powers, but it's something I can envisage as occuring again. If Madonna was going to do a Bond theme then about Dalton's tenure would of been most appropriate, when she was actually releasing good music, by 2002 had simply lost her midas touch, and gone into 'disco mode' and the sum total was an unmitigated disaster for all concerned that year
    I could see her as one of the villain's blond henchmenm Necros in TLD perhaps.
    I found her cameo in DAD no problem at all, not a big part and she performed it well enough.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The machine gun granny from GF maybe?
    SaintMark wrote:
    I found her cameo in DAD no problem at all, not a big part and she performed it well enough.

I'll give her this, I prefer her cameo to her theme song.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I wouldn't mind Madonna back provided she played a random corpse.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I fail to see why she'd be in a Bond film ever again. I'm not saying her small scene in DAD was all that terrible (the song was though), but I can't imagine what sort of extra quality she could bring to the game. I'm pretty confident any part one might give her, could be played by at least a dozen actresses, and better. So while in principle I have nothing against Madonna's presence in a Bond film, I simply don't know what 'extra' panache she could introduce that others couldn't and to greater effect. For that practical reason, I say no.
  • The machine gun granny from GF maybe?

Ha ha =))
    I'm suprised (but relieved) she didn't turn up as Jenny Flex in AVTAK. Wasn't 1985 her peak?
    Ciccone started off in the music industry about 1982, and didn't peak until about 1987, the year she divorced from Sean Penn. Moved to New York from her native Michigan to find fame and fortune, was spotted and developed into the global superstar she is today. Still think a better singer than actress
    Madge is a miracle of modern marketing. Devoid of talent and fairly ugly to boot it is a wonder that we are still talking about her decades later. Her speaking out for Pussy Riot did redeem her slightly in my eyes though.
  • oo7oo7
    is she back for 007legends?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,934
    I have no problem with her DAD cameo, and I don't mind the song, however repetitive it is. It still surprises me that she got to do a Bond song- given how controversial her music/film clips were back in the day. I love her 80's music, but what she's made in the last decade doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

Back to the question, I'm sure she could have had a believable role in other Bond films, but I can't think of any at the moment.
    The producers stuffed up big time for putting madonna in the movie.
    Maybe tamahori wanted her?
    maybe she should have taken the May Day role in 1985 and had a good Rogering. Body of Evidence is a masterpiece though, I am shocked at his lack of oscars, best supporting candle wax surely?
  • Kerim wrote:
    I wouldn't mind Madonna back provided she played a random corpse.

:)) That's exactly what I was thinking!

@ Baltimore- If you think BOE was bad, it's a gem compared to that Shanghai movie she did with Sean Penn.
    Its just been announced on TMZ that the 1969 classic is going to be made.

Due to Mad Donnas involvement it will be called

"On Her Madgesties Secret Service" and she will be playing

fraulein Irma Bunt

No longer will Bunt be an murderess exNazi wardress but an ex-Broadway showgirl fighting the good fight for feminism atop of a Swiss Alp. The line about "saggy end of a sail" will be rewritten to highlight a womans fight against celulite.

And the 'Angels of Death' will be her backing dancers and will be 'vogueing' in the Alpine Room.

Instead of murdering Tracy she will wave her goodbye with tears in her eyes and a rendition of the techno version of "express yourself"

Mad Donna thinks it will be a box office hit.
  • I have noting against Madonna, but I hope we DO NOT!!!! See her in another Bond film. I have always been a vocal defender for Die Another Day, but having Madonna make a cameo was pointless.
  • She's a decent singer as before, but should stay away from movies. I didn't mind her Verity character from Die Another Day, it was a nice cameo, and you don't necessarily watch and say "look - that's Madonna", you just merely accept it as another character the franchise has to offer. My biggest bone of contention with Ms Ciccone was the ill advised theme song for that year, which was, to put not to fine a point on it, unprintable. I think she came in at the right time to do it though, as an earlier appearance such as with Dalton or Moore, if possible, would never have worked. No doubt her husband of the time Guy Ritchie made a suggestion for her to get involved and the rest is history. I don't mind her as an individual. She's a decent enough singer, but apart from a brief cameo appearance, maybe it was best she was never involved to begin with. That theme intro just gives me criminal intentions
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Blofeld in bond 24
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    I'm probably going to be killed for this but I don't actually mind her cameo that much. I don't even mind the "tip up" line - I have actually smiled at that in the past. I like the way Brosnan smiles (*ducks*).

I draw the line at "no thanks...I don't like cock fights" though.
    What did Madonna do to receive all this sarcasm and hate. Any of us would jump at a chance to play in a 007 movie even if we where to dress in a dress.
    The fact that Madonna is a well known person makes her odds better which is somthing you can hardly dislike her for, it would be petty. Her importance in popmusic is large and beyond discussion, like or dislike is personal.
    A cameo with her like Bransons' would be no problem with me in any 007 movie.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    ... ? Can you remake the question, please ?

Just no.