TV Alerts

13739414243

Comments

  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    FWIW: EPIX has an all-day Thanksgiving day Bond marathon today. Most interesting: the films are not being shown in order. I like that.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Posts: 2,641
    TripAces wrote: »
    FWIW: EPIX has an all-day Thanksgiving day Bond marathon today. Most interesting: the films are not being shown in order. I like that.

    A very interesting take on seeing the films out of order @TripAces. I don’t remember there being a discussion of this specific issue on these boards, but it is one that I’ve often thought about it.

    Generally, within a given actor’s tenure, I don’t care about run-order, but I do prefer to watch the Connery/Lazenby and Craig era movies in sequence. I find (IMO, of course), that there is a narrative arc to these films (for example, in FRWL, SPECTRE also hopes to avenge the death of Dr. No) and that it is also interesting to observe how film design and technology evolved over the course of the 1960’s. An appreciation that I feel is enhanced if you watch this particular set of films in order.

    That said, I don’t think that it makes a difference if you watch LTK before TLD, or OP after FYEO.

  • Posts: 2,075
    The World is Not Enough
    ITV4 - UK
    Friday 4th December
    21:00-23:40
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,554
    Dwayne wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    FWIW: EPIX has an all-day Thanksgiving day Bond marathon today. Most interesting: the films are not being shown in order. I like that.

    A very interesting take on seeing the films out of order @TripAces. I don’t remember there being a discussion of this specific issue on these boards, but it is one that I’ve often thought about it.

    Generally, within a given actor’s tenure, I don’t care about run-order, but I do prefer to watch the Connery/Lazenby and Craig era movies in sequence. I find (IMO, of course), that there is a narrative arc to these films (for example, in FRWL, SPECTRE also hopes to avenge the death of Dr. No) and that it is also interesting to observe how film design and technology evolved over the course of the 1960’s. An appreciation that I feel is enhanced if you watch this particular set of films in order.

    That said, I don’t think that it makes a difference if you watch LTK before TLD, or OP after FYEO.

    The Epix order was rather odd. I wish I had it listed. https://www.tvinsider.com/54741/whats-worth-watching-a-james-bond-marathon-on-epix-for-thanksgiving/
  • Posts: 2,075
    Mallory wrote: »
    The World is Not Enough
    ITV4 - UK
    Friday 4th December
    21:00-23:40

    And Monday 7th December, same channel, same times.
  • Posts: 5,834
    Sunday, december 13th 2020, at 23.00 CET on France 2 (France) :

    Spectre
  • Posts: 5,834
    I forgot to mention :

    Sunday december 6th 2020 at 23.30 CET on France 2 (France) :

    Goldfinger
  • Posts: 2,075
    Diamonds are Forever
    Sunday 13th December
    ITV1, UK
    16:40-19:00
  • Posts: 2,075
    Looks like ITV4 are having a Connery week.

    Tuesday 5th January (Now starting)
    From Russia With Love
    20:00-22:25
    ITV4 - UK

    Wednesday 6th January
    Goldfinger
    18:45-21:00
    ITV4 - UK

    Thursday 7th January
    Thunderball
    09:00-23:40
    ITV4 - UK

    Friday 8th January
    You Only Live Twice
    20:00-22:25
    ITV4 - UK

    Saturday 9th January
    Diamonds are Forever
    20:20-22:55
    ITV4 - UK

    Sunday 10th January
    Dr No
    18:45-21:00
    ITV4 - UK

    Monday 11th January
    From Russia With Love
    21:00-23:25
    ITV4 - UK

    Tuesday 12th January
    Goldfinger
    21:00-23:15
    ITV4 - UK
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    I found it funny the other night, I got a text from a work friend that Thunderball was on ,
    he said channel 4 but it was ITV 4 . I texted him back to thank him but pointed out that like many Bond fans. I had them on every format going.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,497
    m-net-movies-presents-007-james-bond-pop-up-channel.jpg?w=640

    James Bond Pop-Up Channel on M Net Movies in South Africa, from 22 - 31 January, 2021.
  • Posts: 2,075
    Sunday 31st January
    Skyfall
    ITV2 - UK
    20:00-22:55
  • Mallory wrote: »
    Sunday 31st January
    Skyfall
    ITV2 - UK
    20:00-22:55

    AKA Skyfall: The ITV Cut
  • Posts: 12,506
    Mallory wrote: »
    Sunday 31st January
    Skyfall
    ITV2 - UK
    20:00-22:55

    AKA Skyfall: The ITV Cut

    AKA The Butchered cut!! :))
  • Posts: 2,075
    Mallory wrote: »
    Sunday 31st January
    Skyfall
    ITV2 - UK
    20:00-22:55

    AKA Skyfall: The ITV Cut

    Given it is on at 8pm, sadly so. Best to put the blu-ray in.
  • Mallory wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    Sunday 31st January
    Skyfall
    ITV2 - UK
    20:00-22:55

    AKA Skyfall: The ITV Cut

    Given it is on at 8pm, sadly so. Best to put the blu-ray in.

    It doesn't matter what time of day it is ITV will cut bits out.
  • Posts: 2,075
    Saturday 20th February
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    22:55-01:15
    ITV1 - UK
  • Posts: 5,834
    It's been a while since I've announced anything here, but I just got news that RTL (Germany) is going to do a Bond festival in the next weeks. So, here's the (first ?) part of the program :

    Sunday, march 14th, at 22.15 CET :

    Casino Royale

    Sunday, march 21st, at 22.20 CET :

    Quantum of Solace
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 2,075
    Casino Royale (2006)
    Wednesday 7th April
    21:00-00:00
    ITV4 - UK

    Live and Let Die
    Friday 9th April
    21:00-22:40
    ITV4 - UK
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 2,075
    Live And Let Die
    Thursday 15th April
    21:00-23:40
    ITV4 - UK

    The Man With The Golden Gun
    Friday 16th April
    20:00-22:35
    ITV4 - UK

    Casino Royale (2006)
    Sunday 18th April
    20:00-22:40
    ITV1 - UK

    As it is on at 8pm, expect heavy cuts. Best put the blu-ray on instead.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 17,860
    Mallory wrote: »
    Live And Let Die
    Thursday 15th April
    21:00-23:40
    ITV4 - UK

    The Man With The Golden Gun
    Friday 16th April
    20:00-22:35
    ITV4 - UK

    Casino Royale (2006)
    Sunday 18th April
    20:00-22:40
    ITV1 - UK

    As it is on at 8pm, expect heavy cuts. Best put the blu-ray on instead.

    I think that's what anyone sensible would do. ITV cut the life out of Bond films and always have to the point of the film not making any sense.
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 2,075
    The Man With the Golden Gun
    Wednesday 21st April
    20:00-22:35
    ITV4 - UK

    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Friday 23rd April
    20:00-22:35
    ITV4 - UK

    Quantum of Solace
    Sunday 25th April
    20:00-22:05
    ITV1 - UK
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 2,075
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Thursday 29th April
    21:00-23:40
    ITV4 - UK

    Moonraker
    Friday 30th April
    20:00-22:40
    ITV4 - UK
  • Posts: 2,075
    Skyfall
    Sunday 2nd May
    20:00-22:40
    ITV1 - UK
  • Posts: 2,075
    For Your Eyes Only
    Friday 7th May
    20:00-22:45
    ITV4 - UK
  • Posts: 2,075
    Spectre
    Sunday 9th May
    20:00-22:45
    ITV1 - UK
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 13,127
    YmxNLIIK7YWrSCZTDnWZJ2IrNN5FvKhuECs58QRpnc3WNOWm8nlTW8_zznYn_vqmDN0wNFN27YLgyXrevbUQ5LUIdWRDgK8Jng
    tubi has these Bond and Bond-related offerings, I noticed.

    Bond films FRWL, GF, OHMSS, DAF, LALD, TMWTGG, TLD, LTK, GE.

    Roger Moore 1995 documentary The Hollywood Collection: Roger Moore Un Hombre Con Clase (Español)

    Also the docu-drama Age of Heroes.

    Age of Heroes (2011), Adrian Vitoria.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590950/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    The true story of the formation of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando unit, a precursor for the elite forces in the U.K.
    Stars: Sean Bean, Danny Dyer, Aksel Hennie. James D'Arcy as Ian Fleming.

    1d4abc39f47054fee7297efb6e1050560519bad2.png

  • Posts: 2,075
    For Your Eyes Only
    Tuesday 11th May
    21:00-23:45
    ITV4 - UK
Sign In or Register to comment.