TV Alerts

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2013 Posts: 17,808
    Found this news video from two weeks ago.

Congratulations to Julian Glover for receiving his CBE award.

Well deserved nod to one of the greatest Bond villain. Very nice man, too. I have his autograph in my collection. Interestingly, he later played Gorbachev in a stage play. Rather fitting, I think.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited December 2013 Posts: 2,057
    Tonight's showing of QoS on itv...

Jeez, its like being at a slaughterhouse. Hack Hack Hack.

Y'know, ITV, if youre going to pay all this money for the rights then please dont proceed to hack them to bits. What gives you the right to alter the work of someone else, just to fit an arbitrary time slot?

I'd hate to think how they will butcher Skyfall. Cut out the second act, perhaps? Go straight from Turkey to Scotland.
    Mallory wrote:

Come on that movie cannot be edited worse as it is. It is so bad it can only improve......

;)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited December 2013 Posts: 5,080

Mallory wrote:

Y'know, ITV, if youre going to pay all this money for the rights then please dont proceed to hack them to bits. What gives you the right to alter the work of someone else, just to fit an arbitrary time slot?

I'd hate to think how they will butcher Skyfall. Cut out the second act, perhaps? Go straight from Turkey to Scotland.

Agreed, @Mallory. I particularly like QoS and I was a bit hacked off (pardon the pun) when they cut the scene when Bond cuts Greene's foot with the axe, because you are left wondering why he can't walk properly when attempting to escape in the desert! Sacrilege!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    A little belated, but GoldenEye is on ITV2 now.
    A little belated, but GoldenEye is on ITV2 now.

Its also repeated Tuesday 7th Jan at 9pm on ITV2.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Movie: <a href="http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/qos.php3">Quantum of Solace (2008)</a>
    Channel: El Trece (Argentina)
    Date: Sunday 5th January 2014
    Time: 20:20
    Movie: <a href="http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/ge.php3">GoldenEye (1995)</a>
    Channel: ITV2 (UK)
    Date: Tuesday 7th January 2014
    Time: 21:00
    Programme: "Diamonds are Forever: The Don Black Songbook"
    Channel: BBC Four (UK)
    Date: Saturday 4th January 2013
    Time: 02:30

<a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03mppht/Diamonds_are_Forever_The_Don_Black_Songbook/"; target="_blank">Click here to watch on BBC iPlayer</a>.

<i>(First broadcast Friday 3rd January 2013 at 19:30)</i>

Don Black, the lyricist behind a huge collection of popular hit songs including Diamonds are Forever, Born Free, Ben and Love Changes Everything, shares some fascinating insights into his life's work with Michael Grade, in between live performances of his songs by Brian May, Eliza Doolittle, Frances Ruffelle, Gary Wilmot, Gregory Porter, Katie Melua, Kerry Ellis, Laura Wright, Marc Almond, Maria Friedman, Marti Webb, Michael Ball, Only Men Aloud and Richard Stilgoe. Recorded at the Royal Festival Hall in London.
    Movie: Tomorrow Never Dies
    Date: Tuesday 14th January 2014
    @WillyGalore

Its also on tonight as well at 8.30

TWINE is also on at similar times on the same days next week. Must be a Brozzer season...
    Watching TND on ITV2 right now. We're less than 20mins in (Stamper has just gunned down the survivors from the Devonshire) and we've already had two ad breaks!

Nice to see ITV treating Bond films like s*** once more!
    @WillyGalore

I know. I stuck the blu-ray on.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It seems they're returning to plugging them non-stop once again. Hopefully Skyfall is treated well later this year on it's first showing but regardless will be three hours in total.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 17,808
    Watching TND on ITV2 right now. We're less than 20mins in (Stamper has just gunned down the survivors from the Devonshire) and we've already had two ad breaks!

Nice to see ITV treating Bond films like s*** once more!

Yes, it was so worth while getting the rights back from the dastardly Quantum-affiliated Sky for...erm...the asdvertisers and ITV...and oh yeah...the fans I guess or summin'...
    Dr. No
    ITV1
    Sunday 19th January
    15:40 - 17:50
    Mallory wrote:
    Dr. No
    ITV1
    Sunday 19th January

Yeah, saw that advertised this morning. Let's see ITV butcher a fifty year old film next week!
    Mallory wrote:
    Dr. No
    ITV1
    Sunday 19th January

Yeah, saw that advertised this morning. Let's see ITV butcher a fifty year old film next week!

Especially the scene where Dr. No's guards come in to "soften him up a bit!" Always gets cut!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mallory wrote:
    Dr. No
    ITV1
    Sunday 19th January

Especially the scene where Dr. No's guards come in to "soften him up a bit!" Always gets cut!

Along with when Quarrel is torched.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mallory wrote:
    Dr. No
    ITV1
    Sunday 19th January

Along with when Quarrel is torched.

Ah, yes, though I suppose it was a shocking and poignant scene. Imagine what they would have thought of it in 1962!
    I may mention it to the kids about Dr No? However I think we are out on Sunday? If not then it maybe possible? Just don't know if I can watch a butchered Bond dished up by ITV again? X_X
    If ITV show one per week again, Bond will on until the Summer. As bad as this is, at least Bond is back home.
    Movie: <a href="http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/movies/twine.php3">The World Is Not Enough (1999)</a>
    Date: Saturday 18th January 2014
    Movie: Die Another Day
    Channel: ITV 2 (UK)
    Date: Saturday 25th January 2014
    Time: 21:00 - 23:45

James Bond is sent to North Korea to battle a poor script, dodgy CGI, weak villains, poor editing and an awful score.
    Mallory wrote:
    Movie: Die Another Day
    Channel: ITV 2 (UK)
    Date: Saturday 25th January 2014
    Time: 21:00 - 23:45

James Bond is sent to North Korea to battle a poor script, dodgy CGI, weak villains, poor editing and an awful score.

You've so eloquently described the film in a single sentence ;-)
    From Russia With Love
    ITV
    Sunday 26th January
    12:45 - 15:00

Bond every Sunday until the Summer?
    Perhaps or maybe they're just having a Connery season for now. We'll know after YOLT. The'll either show OHMSS or jump straight to DAF.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Friday 31st jan BBC Four at 19:30 until 21:00 hrs James Bond 50th Anniversary Gala Concert
    Carl Davis and the Philharmonia Orchestra .
    Also Top Gear Returns to BBC Two on Sunday 2nd Feb at 8 PM.
    Goldfinger
    ITV
    Sunday 2nd February
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Mallory wrote:
    Dr. No
    ITV1
    Sunday 19th January

I watched it last Saturday and to my surprise, the scene wasn't cut this time. It was cut however in October 1998 when I made my first recording of the film on video.