Cheesiest Bond lines. (movies/vg/books)

edited August 2012 in Trivia & Games Posts: 198
I think the line from Nightfire when Bond falls on agent nightshade in the snow and she asks him why he allways ends up on top and bond says "a lower center of gravity?". I just think its the worst line in all of bond.

Comments

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    "never argue with a woman, Theyre always right" TND. Bad delivery from Brosnan and oddly sounds so out of symc within the scene. Yuk!
  • I'm Mr. Kil
    Well that's a name to die for.

Looks like your friends have bailed!

And many other lines from DAD #-o
    The "armor" talk in CR is worth a mention IMO. And the scene in OHMSS where Bond proposes to Tracy. "I'd sell everything and live in a tent before I give up" from AVTAK and last but not least, the "bird talk" between Bond and Jinx in DAD.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    "I thought Christmas comes but once a year" or however that was worded. Yuk.
    "I thought Christmas comes but once a year" or however that was worded. Yuk.

Haha, I love that line. But "What do the predators do when the sun goes down" is IMO terrible. Yuk!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    "I'm still not quite sure how good you are."
    "I am so good."
    "Especially when you're bad."

Ingenious! *-:) Cheesy- or just plain crap?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I'm Mr. Kil
    Well that's a name to die for.

Looks like your friends have bailed!

And many other lines from DAD #-o

That's probably a good contender for "worst line in the series" - it makes the "Christmas" line at the end of TWINE look like comedy genius in comparison. Brosnan tries but the whole two-sentence exchange is terrible. Surely they could think of a more creative name than "Mr Kil".

I LOVE Haphazard's reference to that line in his reviews with the train crash stock footage :)) :))
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    ZHalfter wrote:
    I think the line from Agent Under Fire when Bond falls on agent nightshade in the snow and she asks him why he allways ends up on top and bond says "a lower center of gravity?". I just think its the worst line in all of bond.

This line is from 007: Nightfire, not AUF.

The worst lines are the ones that @Branch and @karatemanchan37 said above.
  • Nearly every line in DAD is a contender for this. It's hard to choose which one is worst.
    "Time to face gravity!"

Bond doesn't even know his physics. Gravity is a constant.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,892
    I'm no Moonraker astrophysicist, but I believe you're right. :)

Remember Graves' line: 'You can't kill my dreams, but my dreams can kill you.' This is one of those cheesy lines in DAD which doesn't make me cringe or shake my head, but rather I enjoy it. Can you imagine saying that to your enemy just before you (attempt to) kill them?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    ZHalfter wrote:
    I think the line from Agent Under Fire when Bond falls on agent nightshade in the snow and she asks him why he allways ends up on top and bond says "a lower center of gravity?". I just think its the worst line in all of bond.

This line is from 007: Nightfire, not AUF.

The worst lines are the ones that @Branch and @karatemanchan37 said above.

fixed :D
    Also from DAD,

"Like they say in fencing, what's the point?"

THEY DON'T SAY THAT IN FENCING
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    "I Feel Nuthing"
    "Actually...You can feel this...."

Makes me cringe for some reason.
    Also from DAD,

"Like they say in (and about) DAD, 'I don't see the point';
    'What's the point?'; and
    'I'll have to try something more to the point.'"

Ah, now I get the point. The dialogue sucks.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    QBranch wrote:
    Also from DAD,

"Like they say in (and about) DAD, 'I don't see the point';
    'What's the point?'; and
    'I'll have to try something more to the point.'"

Ah, now I get the point. The dialogue sucks.

Ugh I hate how Rosamond Pike over emphasizes the T. poinT!!!! ~X(
    Two "....the point" puns is pushing it in any film- but three?! Did they think us fans wouldn't notice something like that?
    'I don't like cock fights', well that wasn't Bond, but Ms Ciccone in an ill advised cameo, but let's include it anyway

This feels like open season on Brosnan's rear end, as the more I think about cheesiest lines in Bond, the more his name seems to come to the fore, 'Christmas in Turkey, I thought it only came once a year, I see you put your money where your mouth is' etc

I don't know enough about the games releases to include this, especially the latest releases or haven't read enough of the novels, so seems to solely concentrate on the movie releases. This feels like almost a duplicate thread of what's gone before, but we have to include Craig's 'little finger' nonsense in this I truly feel
    How about when Zao says to Mr Kil she wont talk make it permanent and hands Kil a gun to kill Jinx, and Mr Kil says I'll use laser!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Moneypenny's cunning linguist line is worthy of mention.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Sharky wrote:
    How about when Zao says to Mr Kil she wont talk make it permanent and hands Kil a gun to kill Jinx, and Mr Kil says I'll use laser!

Ah, that is one of the stupidest moment. I mean, who the h**l wants to keep Jinx alive for so long?! Why not use the bloody gun?!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Agent Under Fire

The First Level

Bond sees a forklift full carrying gasoline barrels.

"Hmm... Fireworks."
    ZHalfter wrote:
    I think the line from Nightfire when Bond falls on agent nightshade in the snow and she asks him why he allways ends up on top and bond says "a lower center of gravity?". I just think its the worst line in all of bond.

I have to disagree, I think this line is just perfectly delivered. So incredibly epic! The way he delivers it is almpst underconfident and nearly sheepish, which is funny because of the situation and the fact that he was trying to think of something clever to remark about it, because he kind of tends to do that, hahaha.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Kerim wrote:
    Moneypenny's cunning linguist line is worthy of mention.
    No, no, NO! That was hilarious, to me!
    MrBond wrote:
    Sharky wrote:

Ah, that is one of the stupidest moment. I mean, who the h**l wants to keep Jinx alive for so long?

Lee Tamohari.

edited November 2012 Posts: 578
    'I don't like cock fights', well that wasn't Bond, but Ms Ciccone in an ill advised cameo, but let's include it anyway

This feels like open season on Brosnan's rear end, as the more I think about cheesiest lines in Bond, the more his name seems to come to the fore, 'Christmas in Turkey, I thought it only came once a year, I see you put your money where your mouth is' etc

I don't know enough about the games releases to include this, especially the latest releases or haven't read enough of the novels, so seems to solely concentrate on the movie releases. This feels like almost a duplicate thread of what's gone before, but we have to include Craig's 'little finger' nonsense in this I truly feel

"Ms Ciccone" is Madonna, right?
    And I found "little finger" more disturbing than cheesy. "That's because you know what I can do with my little finger,"
    you dirty chauvinist pig!
  • Because Die Another Day's script is so full of the cheesy one liners, I can't actually think of some from earlier Bond's.

I let "Saved by the bell" slide, because it was business at usual, until I started to realise the script was littered with one-liners, with each getting increasingly worse.

"Yo Mama...."
    "I love James so much." -Lupe Lamora, License to Kill

Eehhhhhh......not convincing in the least. For such a great movie, she really did not do any justice with that line at all. Besides, she hardly knows him, I mean how can she even begin to say that? Pretty stupid line, if you ask me.

"My name is Pussy Galore." -Pussy Galore, Goldfinger

Shoot me, please. Extremely wooden delivery, as if the script is in her hands as she says it. Just terrible.

"Maybe you should have been gift-wrapped." -George Lazenby 007, On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Just shut up George. You already knocked the guy out cold. Just ski away from Piz Gloria, there's no time for a cheeky one-liner. Besides, it wasn't even funny.

"I love you." -Sean Connery 007, You Only Live Twice

Can we get more wood in this line? I mean really, even though it is a code, and not supposed to be meant, you can deliver it better than that.

"Goodbye, Meeesta Bond." -Ernst Stavro Blofeld, You Only Live Twice

Dumb delivery. Sounds exceptionally corny and cheesy. There are so many more convincing ways of delivering that line. I don't even like Auric Goldfinger that much, but even his "goodbye Mr. Bond" was miles ahead of this one.

"I'm awfully sorry to leave you, but I have to get off." -Helga Brandt, You Only Live Twice

Shut up. Just jump out of the plane please, no need for a cheese-filled parting comment.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 578
    I think most of these lines are quite dumb

• Anything that came out of Jinx's mouth (no pun intended) such as 'there's a mouthful' and 'I think I got the thrust of it' Cheesy lines even more so by the way she delivered them.