John Cleese marries for the fourth time - to a 41 year old

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited August 2012 in Actors Posts: 13,350
Comedy legend John Cleese has married for the fourth time – calling new bride Jennifer Wade “an extraordinary one off”.

The Monty Python and Fawlty Towers star, 72, fought tears as he wed Jennifer, 41, in Mustique, four years after his previous costly divorce.

Cleese said of his bride: “I knew from the first moment we met this could be very serious.”

Cleese’s jewellery designer bride wore a pearl-coloured gown and he turned up in a blue suit and white shoes for the Methodist ceremony at an exclusive villa.

Cleese added: “When people see us together, they immediately get it.”

His new wife is 31 years younger than Cleese, but the age difference “never bothers us” said Jennifer.

Cleese’s divorce from wife No3 Alyce Faye Eichelberger, cost an £8million lump sum and £612,000-a-year until 2016, despite having no children.

Wife No2 was Barbara Trentham.

His first wife was Fawlty Towers co-writer and star Connie Booth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/monty-python-and-fawlty-towers-star-1256389

What do our chaps and chapesses make of this news?

I say Congratulations and all the best to them.

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cleese is cleverer than he looks. ;)
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    And now for someone completely different.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If only Bicycle Repair man were here! :P

• Har-DEN!

He is just keeping HIS British end up! :))
    I suppose Christmas came more than once a year for him in 2012
    Always look on the bright side of life.
  • 31 years younger. John Cleese continues to prove he's a legend.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thumbs up for old Basil Fawlty! Enjoy, my good man. ;-)

New-Years-Toast.jpg
    I'm no fan of Cleese as an actor, although in a Fish called Wanda he was a delight, and also I enjoyed his part in Fierce Creatures (which was basically the same cast as before), and never really had a problem with him as Q. Somebody had to eventually replace Llewelyn, and I think he was adequate, would of wanted him back for Skyfall maybe. I congratulate him on his latest conquest, anyone who's had more marriages than myself deserves some kind of acknowledgement, but I'm not quite of Cleese age yet ~O)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm a big fan of his early work with Python but all he does now is he gets married, gets divorced, gets taken for a few million, then bitches about it to the press.
    Then repeats the process.

He is his own worst enemy
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I wish them both well. :) And hey, at least she is 41, not 21 years old.
    Celebs like Cleese and Ric Flair shouldn't get married , only causes misery ;)