Have you met James Bond?

edited August 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 12,506
On here there are many fans of 007 of all ages both men and women and also children! A reason why Bond is just so special. I was just thinking has anyone on here actually met one of the actors or more who have played the part?

I was lucky enough to meet George Lazenby a few years ago at a Fans convention here in the UK. He was very polite but looked a little uncomfortable as i think it was his first appearance here in the UK? I have just purchased tickets for the "Evening with Roger Moore" event in October. I am really hoping and praying there is a book signing opportunity so i can meet MY Bond who i grew up with and made me the fan i am today! [-O< :-bd

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • I met Timothy Dalton at the Hot Fuzz premiere, but I didn't know he was in the film so I didn't have any Bond DVDs or books or anything for him to sign, so he signed my Shaun Of The Dead DVD I'd bought for Pegg/Frost. It was really cool meeting him though, since he's the Bond that I first saw and who is still my favourite today.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited August 2012 Posts: 858
    I met Roger Moore back when he was in Amsterdam to promote his autobiography. I talked with him for about a minute and he signed my english hardcover. I can honestly say, I have never met a more caring, warm and funny person in my life. He showed so much care for his work for Unicef. My dad, who was with me let him sign my Dutch paperback, so now I've got 2 personally signed copy's :D.

There was one huge down side: the phone I took the photo's with was stolen about a week later, before I had a chance to upload them to my computer. Now the only things I've got as "evidence" are the books themselves. Nevertheless, it's something I will never forget.
    MartinBond wrote:
    I met Roger Moore back when he was in Amsterdam to promote his autobiography. I talked with him for about a minute and he signed my english hardcover. I can honestly say, I have never met a more caring, warm and funny person in my life. He showed so much care for his work for Unicef. My dad, who was with me let him sign my Dutch paperback, so now I've got 2 personally signed copy's :D.

There was one huge down side: the phone I took the photo's with was stolen about a week later, before I had a chance to upload them to my computer. Now the only things I've got as "evidence" are the books themselves. Nevertheless, it's something I will never forget.

Really excited about the Roger Moore event. That's awful about your phone being stolen! Hopefully you will get another opportunity in the future?
    I met Pierce Brosnan almost a year ago. He was in Halifax, Canada. Seemed like a good guy.
    DC - at QOS premiere, smiling at me (for whatever reason) and at the backstage of A Steady rain. (4 times). Better then any film or play can be. But that is the fangirl speaking. The play was great, too.
    Wow we are doing well? Question is? Has anyone met the elusive Connery? That would be something?!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Wow we are doing well? Question is? Has anyone met the elusive Connery? That would be something?!

That would be the something of all somethings, my friend. :-<
    RogueAgent wrote:

That would be the something of all somethings, my friend. :-<

Certainly would! He is like the holy grail nowadays! :D
  • BenBen
    Well I haven't met any of them, but David Williams has and he seems to to reinforce what other people have been saying.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
This discussion has been closed.