MI6 Community Xbox Live Gamertags

JrW_008JrW_008 The North
edited August 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 112
Couldn't find any previous post similar to this, so apologies if I have copied another one. This thread is for MI6 users to share their Xbox Live Gamertags, to allow online gaming with other Community members. Unsure if this will be of any use dependant on how many of us actually have an Xbox. My gamertag is RoccoRabona...

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A good majority of the users seem to have PS3. I had one, myself, but came back to the 360 after a few year absence just a few months ago. My gamertag is my username, Creasy47.
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    What games are you into? I myself am a regular on Fifa, Battlefield 3 and Forza 4.
    I've been on 'Battlefield 3' a great bit more lately, just hit the rank of Colonel. I'm always on 'Forza 3,' as well, but I'm trying to get Gold on all of the races. I borrowed 'GTA IV' from a friend - I've beat it numerous times before - and the DLC, so as I type this, I'm working on beating the DLC for it. As for MP, that's about it, aside from 'Left 4 Dead,' which I want to get back into very soon. Played the hell out of it on my old Xbox 360, but I was saving it for when I beat the rest of these games.

I'm definitely purchasing 'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' and 'Hitman: Absolution' this year, with a possibility for '007 Legends,' 'Halo 4,' 'Far Cry 3,' and 'Borderlands 2.'
    Nice to see we both like some similar games.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm definitely purchasing 'Medal of Honor: Warfighter' and 'Hitman: Absolution' this year, with a possibility for '007 Legends,' 'Halo 4,' 'Far Cry 3,' and 'Borderlands 2.'
    I too will likely be purchasing MOH, Hitman: Absolution and 007 Legends.

Creasy47 wrote:
    I've been on 'Battlefield 3' a great bit more lately, just hit the rank of Colonel. I'm always on 'Forza 3,' as well, but I'm trying to get Gold on all of the races. I borrowed 'GTA IV' from a friend - I've beat it numerous times before - and the DLC, so as I type this, I'm working on beating the DLC for it. As for MP, that's about it, aside from 'Left 4 Dead,' which I want to get back into very soon. Played the hell out of it on my old Xbox 360, but I was saving it for when I beat the rest of these games.

If you've got Battlefield 3 on PS3, I just hit Colonel too. There is a MI6 post dedicated to PSN, but not a 360 one that I know of. The PSN thread is below.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3577/playstation-network-team-007#Item_16

Very nice. 'MoH' is looking like a CoD clone - a lot of games are these days - but I enjoyed the last one, and if you pre-order it or buy it new (I'm guessing on the latter option), you will receive a beta code for early access to the 'Battlefield 4' beta, which is due out in one year or less by MoH:WF's release date.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    if you pre-order it or buy it new (I'm guessing on the latter option), you will receive a beta code for early access to the 'Battlefield 4' beta, which is due out in one year or less by MoH:WF's release date.
    That is something I partiularly like about it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very nice. 'MoH' is looking like a CoD clone - a lot of games are these days
    That is something I don't like. BF I like as I find multiplayer more tactical than any of COD's online instalments. Although the campaign sort of follows a COD route.

That's why I play 'Battlefield 3' so much: it's such a necessity to work with your team, but almost every match I'm in, I'm the lone wolf: the fate of a bomb being planted on relies on my actions, because my teammates feel rushing up or hiding way in the back and sniping are the best options, so when my killstreak ends, they have officially broken through, planted, and spread out. It irks me to no end.

And yes, the campaign was annoying because of the carbon copy 'Black Ops' approach.
    Again, I agree. I too feel that I am running through enemy lines alone, and as someone who admittedly was pretty bad at Battlefield up until about 10 days ago when I started playing again and found my A game. Lately I have been playing on the 'Boko' server, which seems very popular and I feel as if everyone is more aware of the objectives, tactics and supporting your team. Seeing as I am only a rank 21 I feel I have been performing very well against users who are like yourself, now Colonels.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,473
    Sometimes, the 'Colonel' rank doesn't mean much. I've played with people that are rank 40 or 50 into that 'Colonel' rank, and they are atrocious, and play just as we described. I was in the same funk as I was when I played the game on the PS3: played amazing for the first few days, then had a huge slump where I performed terribly. Finally, I got my patterns back and have a 3.04 ratio now or so on the game. Feels great.

Add me on Live, we'll have to play together sometime. It may be a while, though, I'm having my girlfriend over for the next few days, and then I have to pack and get through ten days of RA training at college, so when I get back into the groove of things there, I'll be on a lot more.
    I bought MoH originally because I wanted the beta code for Battlefield 3. (It turns out MoH had a great singleplayer campaign). The thing about the Battlefield beta was that it came out only 3 days earlier for MoH buyers than it did for the general public. And, I was in exams at the time, so I never had the chance to play the beta until it was out for public use.
  • My gamer tag is Mr Chapel, so if any bond fans want to add me as friend they would be welcome to do so Love playing COD, looking forward to 007 legends
    Sounds good @Creasy47! Good luck with your RA training. Yeah I was slightly confused when I came across players rank 40 into Colonel and I was walking over them. I guess they just play really frequently, maybe not well, but often.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Mine is Emeswede12

( Yes, it's a old gamertag which i created a long time ago )
    Thanks, @JrW_008! Yeah, the ranks really don't mean much anymore. Anybody can hit that rank, it's just a matter of playing long enough, not so much skill. You could pretty much hit that rank by holding back and healing/reviving friendlies.
    My XBOX Gamertag is YELARAKA.

For the past 10 months I have been playing mostly GE: Reloaded. I have BF3 as well but haven't played it at all lately. Very good game, just haven't had the urge to put it in. I played Homefront for a few month too....not bad but gets old kinda fast. Right now I am playing NCAA 2013 which is a GREAT game. Haven't purchased a NCAA Football game in a few years because it was basically the same thin every year with the exception of a few changes. Decided to give it a go this year and LOVE it. I will be getting 007:Legends on release and I have been really thinking agout MOH too. It's going to have the amazing graphics that BF3 had and maps are supposed to be somewhere between COD and BF3 in size....from what I have read. Other than that I will probably be getting RE:6.
  • Have a 360, don't have xbox live, sorry.
    Have a 360, don't have xbox live, sorry.

No need to apologize...

@YELARKA I've played Goldeneye on Wii a number of years ago. What do you think of online gameplay on the 360?
    @JrW_008. Well I had big hopes for Reloaded. I expected there to be far less lag than what I experienced on the Wii. Turns out that didn't happen at all. I can't really decide which system had more lag, they both sucked. I was also expecting things to get patched up when the game needed them which didn't happen either. Online has been less than I expected. And the community on Reloaded is full of trash. Glitchers, Shotgun Spammers, MJR Spammers, and the usual in game chat A**Holes.
    That's a shame. Hope some of that changes in 007 Legends.
    YELARAKA wrote:
    @JrW_008. Well I had big hopes for Reloaded. I expected there to be far less lag than what I experienced on the Wii. Turns out that didn't happen at all. I can't really decide which system had more lag, they both sucked. I was also expecting things to get patched up when the game needed them which didn't happen either. Online has been less than I expected. And the community on Reloaded is full of trash. Glitchers, Shotgun Spammers, MJR Spammers, and the usual in game chat A**Holes.

I remember QoS, though still entertaining as hell, was full of people using the Hutchinson A3 and A4 shotgun models, because they were ridiculously overpowered, and people would slap the best weapon perks on them to make them even better.

Is the 'GE: Reloaded' community still active? I bought it for the PS3 around Christmas and I couldn't find more than two or three people online, but I figured it would be more bustling on the 360.
  • BenBen
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I remember QoS, though still entertaining as hell, was full of people using the Hutchinson A3 and A4 shotgun models, because they were ridiculously overpowered, and people would slap the best weapon perks on them to make them even better.

Is the 'GE: Reloaded' community still active? I bought it for the PS3 around Christmas and I couldn't find more than two or three people online, but I figured it would be more bustling on the 360.

QoS was still active a couple of months ago, probably still is if you go on the right times. I agree though QoS was so much fun, the same engine as CoD but no killstreaks which reduced camping.

@Ben, I liked it because it was simple. It wasn't too fast or in your face like the CoD series is, but it was fast enough to have a 'Rainbow Six: Vegas' feel, only slightly turned up in speed. That's why the last CoD I loved was 'CoD4,' because it was incredibly simplistic and lots of fun.
  • BenBen
    @Creasy47 I still play CoD 4 now, very fun with friends, 9 times out of 10 it turns into who can call the helicopter in first which says something about the level of people we play against. The simplicity was great and allowed you to get straight into a game. Compared to the Black Ops 2 trailer where you get 10 slots to pick weapons, perks, attachments and equipment makes it a lot more complicated. Also all the killstreaks in MW2 and on just promote camping compared to the 3-5-7 of CoD 4 and WaW.

• QOS was built on the COD engine and actually feels less like COD than the new GE imo.

I played World At War the other day. Good fun, reminds me of when COD was actually good, but the multiplayer has tons of people hacking.
    QOS was built on the COD engine and actually feels less like COD than the new GE imo.

I played World At War the other day. Good fun, reminds me of when COD was actually good, but the multiplayer has tons of people hacking.

Ahh, the memories. That's why I couldn't go back to WAW, or CoD4, because I heard they were hack tests. My buddy told me CoD4 was just full of no-scope M40 matches, or infinite ammo - something I used to experience - fast sprint hacks, etc. It's a shame, really. I wish that wasn't allowed, and IW/Treyarch would go back to those games and stop those responsible, letting them know that isn't acceptable just because the game is old. Ruins the experience for anyone else who may want to go back and play the game at some point in the future.
    I think this is a good place to post this. I think we should do an xbox meetup on Goldeneye Reloaded, in a private match with just us, fans. I can host. What do you guys think?
    If I had it, I would in a heartbeat.

If anyone cares to add me on XBL, though:

GT: Creasy47
    Pretty gutted I just traded in Reloaded a couple of weeks ago. Dammit.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    emeswede12

Yes, i have had my account for a loooong time before anyone starts to comment.