Silverstone Driving Experience - Bond Fan's Dream

edited July 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,511
Yesterday went to Silverstone Raceway and did the Head to Head--Aston Martin vs. Fearrari. Could I have been so lucky? The Aston I drove bore the numbers 007. Followed that up with the Ferrari 360 Modena. Hands down, this was the most exciting thrill experience of my life. The ride-along professionals at Silverstone are fabulous. They push you hard to get as much out of those cars as you are capable of. For a Bond lover who's always wanted to drive an Aston, this was a dream come true. Perhaps because I drove the Aston first and was learning the track, I felt the Ferrari was faster, certainly more horse power. But my heart belongs to the Aston. Not sure when I get home from this vacation how I'll be able to drive my Tacoma pickup again.

For any Bond fan who's never driven an Aston, especially on a race track, this is something you've go to do. Word of caution. You've got to book in advance.

Comments

I did something similar a few years back at Bruntingthorpe airfield. Had a DB9 at 186 on the back straight. Awesome.
    I did it last year -as a birthday pressie from my wife.
    Enjoyed it and as I felt the whole thing was rushed on the day - I took my time going round the track to savour the moment.
    But thanks to the adrenaline ride it only took 40 mins to get back to Portsmouth !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, that is very, very cool. I would kill to drive a DB5.