Minnie Driver talks about weird stuff on the set of GoldenEye

gt007gt007 Station G
edited July 2012 in Actors Posts: 1,182
Minnie Driver played Valentin Zukovsky's girlfriend Irina, strangling a cat in his bar, in GoldenEye.
Appearing as a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson earlier this week, she mentioned some weird things happening between her and an AD during filming.

If you don't want to see the whole interview, first of all I'm sorry you'll miss some hilarious stuff. Second, skip to 10:39.

Comments

edited July 2012 Posts: 1,575
    Minnie Driver. Sounds like a bond girls name.
    I watched the show and it was a funny story.
    Ever since Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) I have had a soft spot for her movies, and her voice made Disney's Jane a heck more erotic than they probably figured beforehand.

And unlike her character in GE her singing does sound actually quite good.

And she has indeed have a wicked sense of humour.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great! Thanks so much @gt007! Some more stories for the collection, there. They're always nice to hear.
    AD? I think it was a Second Unit Production Manager...

:)
    As a side note, Craig Ferguson has the best on late night show in the history of late night shows.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Absolutely ravishing, and so lovely and down to earth. Good to see her getting on so well. I have had a fancy for her since I saw Good Will Hunting.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    "She said banana and I didn't stop." :))

Such a legend.
    SaintMark wrote:
    And unlike her character in GE her singing does sound actually quite good.

Yup, she recorded a whole album of ballad standards once, didn't she...?

• edited August 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I'd always liked her scene

Umm...Minnie Driver (come to think of it that sounds a bit like the name of a Bond girl)

*Looks at older posts

Just realised I'm not the first person on this thread to say that :p

For the record whenever I hear "Stand by Your Man" being performed by anyone (which isn't that often to be fair) I always think of GE as I'm pretty sure that was the first time I ever heard the song.