Best movie franchise - final round

edited July 2012 in Trivia & Games Posts: 6,601
I think, creating a new thread for this makes sernse, so more people see it and can vote- so please let it open. It starts today and will go on till Wednesday

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/22/best-movie-franchise-final-round

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Poll added. :-)
    Thanks Dimi :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Come on people, let's make sure Bond wins this poll! 22 vs 6.
    I've just voted, IMO there is no comparison! I like star wars but you cant beat Bond, James Bond.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Its not so important to vote here though ...
    This is the important poll
  • I'm sure enough geeks, nerds, and social misfits will vote for Moonraker Sr, but if Bond doesn't win then we need to check for excessive inbreeding :D
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can't...
    I love them both

You needed two separate posts to convey that??
    bump. 10 votes here, means 10 votes in total. Come on, you can do better then that. Where are all the Bond lovers?
    Temped to click on Star wars just to see the reaction....
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Going by the photo they used to represent Bond, it was tempting to vote for Star Wars. ;)

I may not be a fan of the current era, but I am still a Bond fan, and that's who I voted for. armes65.gif
    Bond voted for. As much as I love Star Wars, Bond is best. End of.
    Well - Star Wars won - but I think 2nd is not too bad.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/25/star-wars-tops-movie-franchise-poll
    Star Wars is massively over-rated. Even A New Dawn (or whatever it's called) is not as great as people make out. Empire is obviously the best and Jedi just marks the start of the awfulness that was the prequels.

Bond wins hands down - poxy poll or not.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    Star Wars is massively over-rated. Even A New Dawn (or whatever it's called) is not as great as people make out. Empire is obviously the best and Jedi just marks the start of the awfulness that was the prequels.

Bond wins hands down - poxy poll or not.

It's A New Hope. I despise Star Wars and even I know that.
    I've never seen Star Wars, I saw a bit of the 1st (4th?) one years ago but I thought it was pretty boring. I thought about going to see one of the prequels because Samuel Jackson, Christopher Lee and Ewan Mcgregor were in it but in the end I never bothered, not really my thing.

Indiana Jones or Batman should've made it to the final to face Bond, much more of a better match.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I've never seen Star Wars, I saw a bit of the 1st (4th?) one years ago but I thought it was pretty boring. I thought about going to see one of the prequels because Samuel Jackson, Christopher Lee and Ewan Mcgregor were in it but in the end I never bothered, not really my thing.

Indiana Jones or Batman should've made it to the final to face Bond, much more of a better match.

I find it difficult to sit through them. The only good thing about them is Yoda and Vader. The original trilogy is where I draw a line, and forget the prequels.

I find it difficult to sit through them. The only good thing about them is Yoda and Vader.

Vader does seem pretty badass. Still, they are good for something, the Family Guy parodies are some of the shows best episodes.
  • Looks like the geeks and freaks sent in more votes than Bond fans. Whatever. Happy Bazinga to them. Probably the highlight of their year.
    Looks like the geeks and freaks sent in more votes than Bond fans. Whatever. Happy Bazinga to them. Probably the highlight of their year.

:)) Brilliant.
    There's an (almost) identical thread to this in archives, or last active was May 26 to be precise, a mere few weeks ago, highlighting the very best that other movie series and franchises have to offer and a lot of people were involved, I thought it just may be relevant. Basically what we have here in other words

In any event, how did (I looked at the link) Star Trek lose out to Star Wars, the former was around many years before Vader and pals turned up, that wasn't really fair I thought, Star Trek first appeared on screens in 1965 I think and the other not 'til 1977, so surprised maybe it lost out, but what can you do, just more movie fans for sure, what with the latest releases such as The Phantom Menace and all. Common sense prevailed in that James Bond truimphed over Batman and now apparently we have a final round with Bond up against Star Wars and winner takes all ?

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the latter so can only hope Fleming's super spy emerges as the winner. I hope Rocky went a long way as that deserves a mention also

PS Apparently it seems Star Wars won the contest, I wasn't paying full attention. Don't know what to say apart from genuine disappointment, even if it doesn't mean much, I still think James Bond, no, I know, that James Bond is better than Star Wars, it doesn't matter what some dumb kids think, stuff their silly contest really :-L
    Second isn't bad. Well done to Star Wars, I guess.
    48 to 52 % ain't too bad either. There are so many young geeks voting for SW.
    Its BOND all the way for me!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 23,525
    I love Star Wars but let me tell you why I think - know - Bond is bigger and better. Bond is timeless. Even DN can still inspire the youngest among us. Star Wars, by contrast, has already undergone facelift after facelift to remain 'modern' but even fake boobs can't keep defying the law of gravity. EON embraces the purity of FRWL. Lucas seems ashamed of his older Star Wars films. He even replaces actors after a while.
    If Bond had to be beaten, I would've preferred for Batman or Indy to get through and do it. Meh. 2nd is pretty good anyway. F*ck Star Wars.
    I can't think of any franchise in film that's even remotely as strong as Bond. Let's us not forget that no less than 25 films are in this franchise and that it has been around since half a century ago! Also, none of these films ever bombed at the BO. They all did relatively to splendidly well. Also, the Bonds are no Hollywood films; they are a thing of their own. Then there's the cultural impact, which requires no explanation. Now, SW was a cultural phenomenon, but the impact of Bond on culture is so much more.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Exactly. Although I can see a couple more franchises making it to 50 years in the future (Batman for one), nothing can beat Bond and the impact it's had. It'll be a sad day when one day, there are no more Bond films being made.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    With a lack of new Star Wars in the future, with the fandom for the series die away of time? It seems to me that many of it's biggest fans grow up with the originals and as the years go by, they will get less and less, leaving only the prequel fans picked up a few years ago.
    Exactly. Although I can see a couple more franchises making it to 50 years in the future (Batman for one), nothing can beat Bond and the impact it's had. It'll be a sad day when one day, there are no more Bond films being made.

Batman hasn't been a consecutive series though like Bond. It's had one 8 year run and another 7 year run.

The 'franchise' was born in '39 anyway, so it's already 50 years plus in that sense.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I am a lifelong Star Wars fan, so there is no way I will vote bond over it. However, I will vote Bond over anything apart from Star Wars and Batman