Your film, music & TV black list

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited July 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 23,562
Which celeb is on your black list? Whom must suffer your daily portion of voodoo rituals? Whom would you rather submit to some satanic rites and have possessed by evil demons?

Please tell us why. Except in the case of J. Bieber. It speaks for itself. ;-)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hugh Grant. That abysmal, horrendous trash of a 'film' called 'Did You Hear About The Morgans?' completely seals the deal for me. I will die a happy man if I never, ever, EVER have to see another one of his films. Trash.
    Liam Hemsworth. What the hell is some guy of Neighbours doing on screen with badasses like Stallone and Willis? His brother would've been better, at least he's done some action films.

Almost anybody in the charts today.

Any WAG.

John Terry (the footballer, not the guy who played Felix).

Cheryl Cole (nice to look at though).
    Nicholas Cage. I can't even enjoy how bad he is it's so bad. If he's in it, I don't go near it. Same with John Travolta.
    In a nutshell for me? Reality TV shows!

If it's not singing, it's dancing, Big Brother, alleged talent shows, dancing on ice shows and on and on and on! ~X( And what it all really boils down too is you picking up a phone and giving them money!

Why not give us some quality Drama, Sport, Comedy, Educational material?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I agree with @RogueAgent. I'm not a fan of anything 'reality' based.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Hugh Grant. That abysmal, horrendous trash of a 'film' called 'Did You Hear About The Morgans?' completely seals the deal for me. I will die a happy man if I never, ever, EVER have to see another one of his films. Trash.

Have you seen About A Boy? A touching Grant film that really shows his skills.

• edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Nicholas Cage. I can't even enjoy how bad he is it's so bad. If he's in it, I don't go near it. Same with John Travolta.

But that means you haven't seen Face Off, starring Cage and Travolta, which is actually really good. John Woo's best Hollywood film.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Have you seen About A Boy? A touching Grant film that really shows his skills.

The soundtrack to that film is really, really catchy.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Female, tie between Rosie Perez and Fran Drescher. Male, David Schwimmer. The first two should have their vocal cords removed because even nails on a blackboard sounds better than they do. Schwimmer is just a bad actor that should have stuck to the stand-up tour.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Talking of Schwimmer, I hate loathe that Friends tv show. How it ran for 10 years when better shows didn't run half that, is beyond me.
    Talking of Schwimmer, I hate loathe that Friends tv show. How it ran for 10 years when better shows didn't run half that, is beyond me.

Another good one, yes! Friends. I've never got the appeal of it either.
  • Talking of Schwimmer, I hate loathe that Friends tv show. How it ran for 10 years when better shows didn't run half that, is beyond me.

Agreed on that. Very overrated and not as funny as many made it out to be. I feel that way about Cheers and M.A.S.H too.

I'd go as far to say American sitcoms aren't my thing. They're not funny - to me anyway.
  • There were a few though I really enjoyed. All In The Family and Sanford & Son were great ones. More modern, 2 and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory are funny in my opinion.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Michael Bay. The misogynistic pig of Hollywood who actually considers himself a director. He is considered in the same clan of Hitchcock, Nolan, Coppola, Scorsese, and all the other greats for having some explosions, gunfire, and have naked women walking around. He is vile, making the women he casts try on the film's outfits in front of him and the crew. His "films" are only notable for the big stars in them, like King Sean Connery in The Rock, and not for his actual "craft". If I saw him in public I would be paying some hospital bills down the road and would see many a court date. But boy would it be worth it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'd go as far to say American sitcoms aren't my thing. They're not funny - to me anyway.

I can't go that far, Frasier I do like. What about that Two Broke Girls. I've only seen a preview and some youtube clips, but it looks really bad. Needless to say that based on what i've seen of it, I wont be investing time in that show.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Samuel001 wrote:

Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory are enjoyable, as is my favorite TV show ever, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I saw a few minutes of it one time, and that's all I will see. I absolutely loathe him as an actor, and in all honesty, if he played Bond after Craig - for reasons unknown - I would swear off his films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I saw a few minutes of it one time, and that's all I will see. I absolutely loathe him as an actor, and in all honesty, if he played Bond after Craig - for reasons unknown - I would swear off his films.

If you watched any part before the latter half of the film I can see why. He is an arse in the first half, but when certain things happen in his life he changes. You really should watch it in full. A special film, that one. Very uplifting.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:

Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory are enjoyable, as is my favorite TV show ever, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I like Big Bang Theory, Sheldon is a legend. Hated Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. My favourite American TV show is South Park. I think American shows can be good, but like I said in the Inbetweeners thread, not when it's a remake (cough, Life On Mars, cough).
    I just don't think I can. I'll take your word for it that it probably is a touching film, but I just shudder when I see him on screen.

Have you ever been around someone who says/does something that's really awkward, or they sing a song, but their voice is terrible, and you feel embarrassed? That's how I feel watching him.

I am basing this decision off of one film, though, so perhaps I'll some day go back, lock myself into a chair, and watch another one of his movies.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Hugh Grant is a genius ! His dance in Love,Actually is mind-blowingly wicked !!

For me Hugh Grant is Roger Moore's spiritual son.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I just don't think I can. I'll take your word for it that it probably is a touching film, but I just shudder when I see him on screen.

Have you ever been around someone who says/does something that's really awkward, or they sing a song, but their voice is terrible, and you feel embarrassed? That's how I feel watching him.

I am basing this decision off of one film, though, so perhaps I'll some day go back, lock myself into a chair, and watch another one of his movies.

Funnily enough there is a scene in that film where he sings awkwardly on stage and his voice is terrible, leaving him embarrassed. HAHAHA! :))
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, haha, well I'll be right there with him, then, in total agony and embarrassment!
    Sorry NO BLACKLIST for me.

Life is too short to bother with such nonsense.
    I remember hearing Hugh Grant as a possible Bond in GoldenEye. God help us all....

No black list for me either, but to be honest there have been a couple times where I was in the theatre and I saw what looked like an epic trailer, only to be disappointed to see who the star is revealed to be. Nick Cage is one of those guys, but he does still have good movies
  • Samuel001 wrote:

I like Big Bang Theory, Sheldon is a legend. Loved Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. My favourite American TV show is South Park. I think American sitcoms can be good, but like I said in the Inbetweeners thread, not when it's a remake (cough, Life On Mars, cough).

Yes, Fresh Prince was a great sitcom as well. Will's a Philly homeboy, he's a good man and has just endless talent as he's proven. I liked the first two seasons of South Park but got bored with it.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Good lord, The Big Bang Theory is not like just *any* sitcom! Most sitcoms lose their comical qualities over time. I noticed this many years ago when watching Boy Meets World, Full House and Family Matters. Also, virtually each episode ended on a moral note, hardly comical, mostly just preaching about respect and trust and whatnot. The Big Bang Theory, by notable contrast, is perpetually funny, both over the span of several seasons and over the span of a single episode. Almost each episode's conclusion is like the punchline of a great joke, whereas in some of those other sitcoms the conclusion of each episode is a life's lesson for children. Of course this may simply be it; the fact that the sitcoms I mentioned above are clearly aimed at all age ranges, including children, whereas The Big Bang Theory seems more late-teenage or adult business, particularly popular amongst science students and practising scientists and engineers (who also happen to be comic book readers and SciFi geeks, like me! ;-) ) . And let's face it, we have grown far beyond the point of having any interest, even the slightest, in getting the same lectures, from our television no less, about how we shouldn't fight "because it's Christmas" and about how young teenagers should be allowed to party but must respect a certain hour by which to be back home and so on and so on...

Another sitcom I praise is That 70s Show. While we do get some episodes that end on a lecture, a let's-make-up-and-be-friends moment or anything of the kind, these moments are reduced to an absolute minimum and seem fairly short, also allowing the comedy to kick in for one last beat before the episode ends. Great stuff. And even at my age, I can still appreciate the heart-warming and quite sincere romance, of which there is a considerable deal in That 70s Show, mind.

As for The Fresh Prince, agreed on all accounts, at least as far as I can remember. It's been over a decade since I last saw an episode of that show. I was a huge fan of it in the 90s, watched pretty much every season in full, but I decided not to buy the whole collection on DVD as life's too short to see everything anyway, let alone twice or trice. TBBT and T70sS, however, are exceptions. I have them all on DVD and will keep watching them as long as I can.
    Ewan McGregor.

You have no idea how happy I am that he never became a Bond.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Ewan McGregor.

You have no idea how happy I am that he never became a Bond.

Although, he certainly has grown since his Star Wars days- at 42 years old, I wouldn't necessarily say he would be a 'bad' Bond

Here's how he looks more recently:
    EWAN.jpg
    He's a pantywaist. James Bond is a man.