The relationship between Zorin and Mayday?

2»

Comments

I never took much notice of the strength issue if I'm being honest, as with the whole release too I'm afraid. Yes, she was stronger than she should of been, was no Amazon with it, but I don't think any experiments were involved. I just like to believe the filmmakers decided to give her a little extra strength to liven things up. Remember Dolly in Moonraker? - she was about a quarter of the size of Jaws, and was stronger than he was - it's basically like that. Strange, but something they just included, I don't think many paid too much attention to either event though..

Oh yeah, that was stupid, for one even having Dolly in the movie at all, and two for having her lift that big wheel off of him after the cable car crash. Jaws has lifted Egyptian stone blocks over his head, picked up a man and slam him into a roof repeatedly, survived a car wreck which would have included getting himself out of the car at a staright up and down angle, swam for goodness knows how far without a life preserver, and survived a fall from unbelievable height into a circus tent, and now we see that he can't lift a broken cable car wheel off of himself, but a skinny little blonde girl can? Ridiculous, and utterly regretful!
    Well, Moonraker was the epitome of nonsense (sometimes) - but I still greatly enjoyed it....

Dolly was such a minor character (the actress couldn't speak English) and was only seen briefly, so it's all very well and good to overlook her 'Mr Olympia' moment

I think Onatopp in Goldeneye was stronger than she should of been, men had quite a job with her thighs, and Brosnan had a bit of a tussle in the steam room..
    @Baltimore_007: Similiar to Max Zorin and May Day, I've always wondered if there was a relationship between Alec Trevelyan and Xenia Onatopp. It seems very likely, but the movie doesn't give us much to go on about that.
  • I'm sure Onatopp was Trevalyan's "main squeeze" ;)
    I'm sure Onatopp was Trevalyan's "main squeeze" ;)

Hahahaha, yes, you could put it like that! Probably a very accurate statement indeed! Though one has to wonder why he's still alive by that point, considering how "crushing" she is, hahaha.
  • I'm sure he was crushed by her death.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Of course Oddjob did it to Jill. Who else would have? Kisch? Unlikely. Goldfinger would be too smart to be seen anywhere around Bond's room, that's why he has henchmen and goons to do that for him.

Again, the only one was saw was Oddjob, but we still don't know if he did it.
    And there's a difference between just driving a car and shooting your passenger dead while driving said car. Maybe you should watch the movie again, it seems to me you haven't in awhile and missed a few things.

Okay, I'll give you this one. I haven't seen GF (or quite a few Bond films) in awhile, so my memory is a little fuzzy about that part. Still, at least May Day is watchable.

• edited February 2016 Posts: 1,386
    My theory is Mayday is bisexual. I think the scene where she sees
    Jenny's corpse floating by and then turns on Zorin is a nod to the Goldfinger novel.
    And I'd say she's a domme & that's why when her and Zorin are
    "wrestling" on the mat and he has her pinned and is trying to kiss her and she's gnashing at him she then turns over when the phone call interrupts them & looks sort of annoyed, disapponted, and frustrated (like Zorin). Not only did nothing happen but Zorin pinned her. So later she pins down Bond because she'd rather be..... "Onatopp of things" (even wrinkly old things).
    She wouldn't have been old enough at the time for it. Mortner's experiments were carried out during, or soon after World War II if I remember. It would help if we knew how old the May Day character was supposed to be. Jones was 37 herself at time of release, and I would of put her down as much younger than that for her character, so basically, it is feasible that her May Day character may have been involved, but I still say unlikely

May Day might have looked younger because she was the result of genetic researches.

Regarding Zorin's attraction towards her and hers to him I think their racial difference might have played a role. They are a mirror image of the other: he's somewhat androgynous, she's a masculine woman. They are both strong and both are extreme representatives of their respective races.
  • GBFGBF
    00Beast wrote: »
    She wouldn't have been old enough at the time for it. Mortner's experiments were carried out during, or soon after World War II if I remember. It would help if we knew how old the May Day character was supposed to be. Jones was 37 herself at time of release, and I would of put her down as much younger than that for her character, so basically, it is feasible that her May Day character may have been involved, but I still say unlikely

Yeah I had thought about that, and I just assumed that if what I had asked earlier was true, then the directors decided to overlook Jones' present age and make her older than she might have looked.

So Zorin was supposed to be born in 1944 or 1945. Jones ist in fact born in 1948. So why can she not be a result of the same exoeriments? They were almost the same age. Wasn't it also said that Mortimer also worked for the Soviets after the war? So his experiments did not need to stop after the war.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    GBF wrote: »
    00Beast wrote: »

Yeah I had thought about that, and I just assumed that if what I had asked earlier was true, then the directors decided to overlook Jones' present age and make her older than she might have looked.

So Zorin was supposed to be born in 1944 or 1945. Jones ist in fact born in 1948. So why can she not be a result of the same exoeriments? They were almost the same age. Wasn't it also said that Mortimer also worked for the Soviets after the war? So his experiments did not need to stop after the war.

I suppose that in the end it would depend on how many black people there were in the concentration/extermination camps during World War II?
  • GBFGBF
    Unfortunately there have been quiet a few black people living in Germany and the occupied regions in WWII. Here is a link. http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005479
  • GBFGBF
    So unfortunately they also became victims of the Nazis.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2016 Posts: 17,813
    GBF wrote: »
    So unfortunately they also became victims of the Nazis.

Yes, I knew there were some such people - I think I've read the theory that MayDay was most likely one of these unfortunates - it's implied in the film with the use of steroids - for example Q's "she must take her vitamins" etc. Hitler was no fan of blacks either I gather and sadly those captured suffered the same fate as the Jews, Roma people, homosexuals and Communists etc.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He was porking her. That was the nature of the relationship. However, it was an open one.
    It's also very plausible that Dr Mortner experimented on Blacks and other races out of scientific curiosity and/or because the Aryan guinea pigs were more difficult to find after the war. There was a German presence in Africa, Nazis could have easily shipped some African women for Mortner's work at some point. Or the Soviets could have said: "All right Comrade, we are short of Germans, but anyway we'd like to make good Soviet agents in Africa, so you carry one with these Black women there and no, we don't want to hear anymore about Aryan superiority, or else forget about your researches at all."
  • Their relationship is nightmare fuel, that's what it is!

I think we can collectively agree that May Day was most certainly the most bizarre henchperson ever?