Who's James Bond portrayal is the most compelling?

edited July 2012 in Actors Posts: 53
This is a topic that I think will garner some attention. A lot of Bond fans assume maybe Connery or Moore or Lazenby are the best Bonds purely because they act like they're James Bond. I'm speaking in terms of which James Bond portrayal in the most compelling, this is constant a debate with my fellow thespians here in town, not who follows the books the best, but the most interesting.

My opinion:
Daniel Craig. Never I have been so emotionally invested in Bond, Craig's take was revolutionary and breathed a new breed of life into the series in my opinion.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This seems to be the central thread for this topic:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/143/rank-the-actors/p1
    Timothy Dalton. I think his take was the most revolutionary because nobody had ever really done the whole "really dark and serious" thing before him, and after Moore, it wasa big risk.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    both Dalton and Craig added an emotional depth to Bond that none of the others did.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Most compelling - Craig.
    Close second - Dalton
    Third - Sean, mainly for FRWL

I am surprised I am putting Sean third but when I think of "compelling" that is the order that seems right for me. I love Roger and Pierce, but not really compelling for me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Creasy47's link will do. Sorry peeps, too many bond actor rating threads already.
This discussion has been closed.