Roger Moore Records 007 Birthday Song

edited July 2012 in News Posts: 774
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Lifestyle/Story/STIStory_821418.html

"One-time 007 Roger Moore has teamed up with a former Bond Girl to record a song marking 50 years of the spy's on-screen adventures... He teamed up with Irka Bochenko, his co-star in the 1979 film Moonraker, for the anniversary duet titled Happy Birthday Mr Bond... Extracts will be posted online at www.jamesbond007.net ahead of the record's release in September."

This is the extract from www.jamesbond007.net

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Despite my love for Rog and my obvious love for Bond, I'm not sure I like this very much. Christmas In The Stars was painful for Star Wars back in the day - PAINFUL! Now a James Bond birthday song?! Oh no. I'd rather they bring back all the actors or whatever and have them talk Bond for an hour. Look, it could be that this song will be good, possibly even hilariously funny, but I don't think this is a good thing for the Bond franchise. Sorry. It doesn't feel right. There are other options for a celebration with Roger Moore.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,399
    wow..................... just....... wow

8-|
  • Um, there doesn't appear to be a smiley for burying your face in your hands and shaking your head, it's never seemed like an oversight until now...
    Oooouch! That hurts!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Um, there doesn't appear to be a smiley for burying your face in your hands and shaking your head, it's never seemed like an oversight until now...

X_X will have to do
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Painful... apart from Sir Rog's delicious voice :)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Painful... apart from Sir Rog's delicious voice :)

you mean you could actually hear him??.... the music all but drowns him out.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I could hear Moore... 1:04 was moore than enough for me. Talk about toe curlingly awful, the last time I felt like that, was the finger/armour nonsense in CR. :-&
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I could hear Sir Rog whisper during a massive gunfight.
    I could hear Moore... 1:04 was moore than enough for me. Talk about toe curlingly awful, the last time I felt like that, was the finger/armour nonsense in CR. :-&

i was going to say... the last time a Bond 'moment' made me cringe that bad was the ol' Brozzers line "Come on, put your back into it eh?" - oh sweet heavens did i ever sink into my theater seat with embarrassment after that one.. sounded like such a creeper lol.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 23,544
    I haven't cringed up like this since Freddy's greatest hits. :-S :-S :-S
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Is that what EON came up with for the 50th anniversary ? I'm going to throw paint balloons into every office in EON HQ.

Please don't tell me it was EON who ordered this song.... don't tell me they approve this song..... don't tell me this is the campaign for the 50th anniversary.....

Could........ GASP....... this be the theme song for Skyfall ? A happy birthday song for Bond's 50 birthday ?
    Could........ GASP....... this be the theme song for Skyfall ? A happy birthday song for Bond's 50 birthday ?

if i run out of vomit, could i borrow some of yours?
  • Good. God. What has been heard cannot be unheard.

I'm frightened now. Just off to a corner of a darkened room to rock back and forth.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,399
  • Glad I read this first. I think I'll skip it.
    =)) OMG! :)) %-( :-t X_X I think that about covers it!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    The rare time when reading spoilers first was a good thing.
    Volante wrote:

Roger Moore does still promote the franchise, excellent the man remains a Saint in my book/

Still gotta love Rog's enthusiasm for 007
    JBFan626 wrote:

He needed a huge load of enthusiasm to agree to do this !!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    What is she singing? Happy beuuffsdei?
    JBFan626 wrote:

He needed a huge load of enthusiasm to agree to do this !!

:)) At the "An Evening With Roger Moore" event, Guess what my question will be if i am lucky enough to be asked? ;) =))
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 1,310
    The video has already been removed from YouTube...based on what I heard I can't say I'm surprised.

Bless you, Sir Roger, for mustering up the courage to be a part of that. ;)
    I never got a chance to see it >:P , how bad was it really ?
    It's been removed. I'm guessing it's as bad as it sounds like it would be?

Still, gotta love how he still loves 007 after all these years.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Different. That was my first thought. ;)
    I never got a chance to see it >:P , how bad was it really ?

Trust me? You were better off missing it! :))
    If It was anything like his Spitting Image one, I'm guessing it may have been a must see..

I'm actually a little irritated I missed it to be truthful

Like James Bond? Roger Moore will return! ;)