Heart Break. Tom Cruise is divorcing for the 3rd time.

edited June 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,782
Tom Cruise is being divorced by his Stepford wife, Katie Holmes.

Was it the years of pretending to be a wife to man who likes the other sex, was it his church or was it that her contract ran out and they couldn't agree on the fees?

Either way I wish Tommy girl would just come out, he's big enough (nothing personal Tom) to be true to himself.

I'd still his watch his movies.

Of course these are my opinions and millions of others and not those of the MI6 community board.

Comments

Some pretty heavy accusations. I'm sure it would have come out by now.

At least he's not groping a male masouse *cough* Travolta *cough*
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I really doubt there aren't women lining-up already to date Tom.
  • I really doubt there aren't women lining-up already to date Tom.

Kate was apparently on £8million a year to be his beard sorry wife...Yes I think you're right there will be plenty of takers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=KFPo33h5asg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=WU3aILAJiZ4
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Firstly, I took the liberty of changing the title. 'Tommy Girl' is unnecessarily offensive and could provoke pointless bickering among our members. Secondly, there are lots of famous folk who get married and then divorced at the same rate most of us change underwear. Cruise got nothing on Liz Taylor yet. Thirdly, I like Tom Cruise the actor, I don't need to agree with Tom Cruise the man / husband / father. Whatever religion he practises, as long as he keeps doing well on screen, I don't mind his private affairs. By the way, I don't think any of us has the right to judge him for what he does in private any more than he has the right to judge us in our private doings.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi I thought you always had your 'Timmy Dalton' underwear on ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Perhaps marriage isn't for him, it would seem that way to me. I wish both Cruise and Holmes the best for the future. It's Cruise's 50th on Tuesday too!...Have a good one Tom.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We talked about this, @DC. What happens downstairs, stays downstairs. ;-) ;-)
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Oh my! :O

;)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    We talked about this, @DC. What happens downstairs, stays downstairs. ;-) ;-)

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif
  • He looks good for 50.

Just on that thought the Depp is 50ish, Brad must reaching it and so must Clooney. All our stars are getting on and so am I.

I think Cruise has issues but that is his business - don't like the double standards though. His church's views are about being yourself and positive...

Look at Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, Cliff Montgomery and James Dean - they lived their lives with this apparent threat over them all the time, must have been tough real tough.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I watched the 3rd video that forgotmyusername posted, but my attention was drawn to the other video, How Ghost Choose Thier Medium. You see, it's jokes like those that force me to defend my wifes honour. *rolls up sleves* Now who's first?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I predicted a rude thread with bloated heads full of accusations, unprofessionalism, and utter ignorance, and @forgotmyusername didn't disappoint. No matter who Tom is as a person I wish him all the happiness in the world. The man is one of the greatest actors alive today, and though some of his beliefs sound strange, they are no more sensible than the beliefs other religions hold revolving Christ, so I find it ironic for just scientology to be accosted in debates over his sanity. The marriage could have sunk for various reasons. Never seeing each other when both off on their business could have driven a tough wedge between the parties, but it is all equally sad no matter the reason. Hopefully this thread can find some decent and and polite conversation, so we can depart from the weak criticisms from the little child that started this thread.
  • I'm not going to rise to it ^

I'm expressing my own opinion. I watch his movies, it doesn't affect what I think of him as an actor.

And that's my point why not be positive about who you are and represent a minority who are still persecuted around the world about their sexuality?

The family guy clips are just representing what's known in Hollywood, so why not just come out and be straight about it?

Hiding your true self is ignorant. And less said about his church the better, it's a deal brokering maffia. You don't get a role if you don't sign up, apparently.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There's a difference between expressing an opinion and being plain vulgar.
  • There's a difference between expressing an opinion and being plain vulgar.

Vulgar? And in what way has anything been vulgar? Tongue in Cheek yes, vulgar I don't think so and you know it. If you just want an argument quote away to yourself but be careful you might just go blind...

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    DarthDimi wrote:
    there are lots of famous folk who get married and then divorced at the same rate most of us change underwear. Cruise got nothing on Liz Taylor yet. Thirdly, I like Tom Cruise the actor, I don't need to agree with Tom Cruise the man / husband / father. Whatever religion he practises, as long as he keeps doing well on screen, I don't mind his private affairs. By the way, I don't think any of us has the right to judge him for what he does in private any more than he has the right to judge us in our private doings.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have yet to see a movie by him that left me feeling like I wasted two hours of my life.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm suprised nobody posted this yet

Then there's this.

Oh, and Stewie is too tall to be Tom Cruise, hahaha.

Seriously though, it sucks for the guy. He's made some great films (hoping for another mission impossible soon), and deserves to be happy.
    I am overcome with disinterest at this news.

If Pierce ran off with Dan it might perk my interest. Other then that.
    No matter who Tom is as a person I wish him all the happiness in the world. The man is one of the greatest actors alive today, and though some of his beliefs sound strange, they are no more sensible than the beliefs other religions hold revolving Christ, so I find it ironic for just scientology to be accosted in debates over his sanity. The marriage could have sunk for various reasons. Never seeing each other when both off on their business could have driven a tough wedge between the parties, but it is all equally sad no matter the reason. Hopefully this thread can find some decent and and polite conversation, so we can depart from the weak criticisms from the little child that started this thread.

Well said.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 2,782
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2012 Posts: 4,043
    I probably should be able to separate the actor Tom Cruise from the man Tom Cruise but I'm afraid I can't.

Yes I like some of his films and I think he's a good actor but not one who particularly stretches himself much and seems to be just turning up as an action star these days and nothing else with the exception of that daft musical he's just been in.

The thing about Cruise I see something sinister about him, you only have to watch that Scientology clip to see he looks almost psychotic at times almost Jack Torrance like. I guess it's down to perception but something is off kilter.
    Shardlake wrote:
    I
    Yes I like some of his films and I think he's a good actor but not one who particularly stretches himself much and seems to be just turning up as an action star these days and nothing else with the exception of that daft musical he's just been in.

r.

Only the big budget actioners can afford him. Abit like Connery in the nineties.

Was she the one who rejected The Dark Knight in order to make a movie with Queen Latifah?
    I doubt he'll be leaping off soft furnishings screaming woo-who anytime soon.
    0013 wrote:
    Was she the one who rejected The Dark Knight in order to make a movie with Queen Latifah?

Yes, that's her. Not the best career move she's made, I'm sure.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    0013 wrote:

But we got Maggie out of it all, so everything worked out brilliantly for us.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2012 Posts: 4,450
    There should have let her sign for 2 movies or better ask Maggie Gyllenhaal already for Batman Begins. Kind of the same thing Brosnan don't return for Peter Jackson sequel.

I hope for the child it not be a final divorce in the meaning she wil stil see her dad and i expect the kid stay with Holmes.

I always thinking Nicole Kidman whas his match, but like Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston the male's whant a child and both girls don't.

When Katie whas'n comeback for TDK i hope she get a second child whas the reasen.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    0013 wrote:

But we got Maggie out of it all, so everything worked out brilliantly for us.

Her I wish she was in the first film instead of Holmes. The only big mistake of The Dark Knight Trilogy, really.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seriously Cruise is far from one of our finest actors, he's successful star who yields box office success but one of the best actors around he certainly is not.

When it comes to his finest performances his role in Magnolia as a rather damaged motivational speaker is the one that gets cited, ironically this is probably the closest to the real Cruise, rather than the ever smiling permanently positive character the public see's.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously Cruise is far from one of our finest actors, he's successful star who yields box office success but one of the best actors around he certainly is not.

When it comes to his finest performances his role in Magnolia as a rather damaged motivational speaker is the one that gets cited, ironically this is probably the closest to the real Cruise, rather than the ever smiling permanently positive character the public see's.

What others have you seen? Rain Man?