edited June 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 421
... the following:

- Official "full" poster
- Full trailer or 2nd teasers
- Announcement of title theme singer
- Clips from Skyfall
- Excerpts from the OST
- A more detailed synopsis (if at all)
- Other publicity material (character posters/better website/viral games)

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    The poster and the next trailer is going to be released in September.
    And the Singer in the End of July. If it follows the same schedule as QoS and CR.
    MrBond wrote:
    The poster and the next trailer is going to be released in September.
    And the Singer in the End of July. If it follows the same schedule as QoS and CR.

I would be happy with that as we are almost in july! :-bd
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Going by previous films:
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Official "full" poster

September.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Full trailer or 2nd teasers

September.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Announcement of title theme singer

July.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Clips from Skyfall

October.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Excerpts from the OST

September.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    A more detailed synopsis (if at all)

Not likely.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Other publicity material (character posters/better website/viral games)

September, if at all.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The next big thing is the singer, which will be revealed around 20th July..
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm betting on a 2nd 1 minute teaser trailer in late July. This is the 50 anniversary, and i expect something better than the abysmal PR that QOS had.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I'm betting on a 2nd 1 minute teaser trailer in late July. This is the 50 anniversary, and i expect something better than the abysmal PR that QOS had.

Well the PR was better for QoS then for CR.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    MrBond wrote:

what I'm saying is for the 50 anniversary I'm hoping for more than just 2 posters, and 2 trailers.

I want loads of quality merchandise at a reasonable price?!!! But it is not looking promising! :((
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't think I can handle waiting until September for another teaser or a full trailer.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't think I can handle waiting until September for another teaser or a full trailer.

My heart dropped when I saw it would take that long.
    @Arsenal02071, I know how you feel. It's deeply upsetting.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's no different to past films. Aren't you used to having to wait that length of time yet, after so many films? It's the marketing process.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:

what I'm saying is for the 50 anniversary I'm hoping for more than just 2 posters, and 2 trailers.

Well that is true. Just look at the extensive PR for The Amazing Spider Man, radio spots, tv spots, like three trailers and a 4 minute preview. I hope EoN has the good sense to do something like it.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's no different to past films. Aren't you used to having to wait that length of time yet, after so many films? It's the marketing process.

Nope. I wasn't a member of this site back in 2008, and didn't really follow QoS that closely, from what I can recall - I just didn't know how to figure out when I would get the newest teaser or trailer, so every day was like Christmas for me, waiting to get it.

Now that I'm following it, knowing when I'll get it, it's a really long wait for me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Nope. I wasn't a member of this site back in 2008, and didn't really follow QoS that closely, from what I can recall - I just didn't know how to figure out when I would get the newest teaser or trailer, so every day was like Christmas for me, waiting to get it.

Now that I'm following it, knowing when I'll get it, it's a really long wait for me.

Ah, I understand. Most non Bond films follow the same pattern too, so it's normal to have to wait that long between trailers - and nearly every film, only ever has two. At least you now know for next time @Creasy47 - you're prepared! ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:

This is the 50th anniversary ! I'm expecting posters, trailers, tv spots, viral marketing like never before !!

@Samuel001, but, I never get as excited for a film as I do this, so the trailers feel so close together for other films.

Though, you are right, and this is a lesson learned! I hope I can remember this two years from now when I find myself whining and complaining, haha. ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:

This is the 50th anniversary ! I'm expecting posters, trailers, tv spots, viral marketing like never before !!

We should get a blitz later on, that's for certain.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Samuel001, but, I never get as excited for a film as I do this, so the trailers feel so close together for other films. ;)

That makes sense. It's the same for me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Though, you are right, and this is a lesson learned! I hope I can remember this two years from now when I find myself whining and complaining, haha. ;)

Indeed.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'm sure EoN knows what do to. Even though i remember the PR for CR wasn't that good, and QoS did a lots of PR with the Production Blogs during shooting. But not so much after that. But i'm sure when we get closer to the premiere the great PR canon will start!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So many predictions....

Where's Solitaire when you need her?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,473
    So many predictions....

I hate her, and the film, because if the answer is correct, it means that I had it on my mind so many times, and honestly thought I already tried it and was incorrect. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So many predictions....

I hate her, and the film, because if the answer is correct, it means that I had it on my mind so many times, and honestly thought I already tried it and was incorrect. :))

How can you hate Jane? What a woman, and she saves LALD.
    It's only sarcasm; I love her, and she is incredibly attractive, even today. LALD is quite enjoyable in my book, as well, so no worries.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's only sarcasm; I love her, and she is incredibly attractive, even today. LALD is quite enjoyable in my book, as well, so no worries.

Jane Seymour... As we say, a good looking MILF ;)
    Check her out in 'Wedding Crashers.' She is looking incredible in that.
    1329092359_jane-seymour-zoom.jpg

She can't be human. :\">
    My thoughts exactly, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. Perfection for such an age.
    She still looks amazing! :O
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2012 Posts: 4,443
    Exept 2 others trailer and some tv spots i hope there don't show any clips of the movie online.

Soundtrack i hope be released in the second/third week of October. Preview in my opnion isn't needed, better make it a 2 disc and avaible a lot. The booklet be a litle version of teaser poster is something i don't mind, something simalar whas done with QOS but it already be inproof the Skyfall teaser poster sayd comingsoon for every country.

Posters is another story, i whant 4 posters be local released in 100x70 like there did with Twine.
    They can show clips, I just won't be watching them. Trailers are fine, but I don't like seeing one or two minute scenes and knowing exactly what will happen/be said when I see the final product.

What I would like to see, although slightly overwhelming in terms of new footage, is that four-minute trailer.