Speculation about QoS Deluxe Edition

MrBondMrBond Station S
edited June 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,044
The first piece of information about the 3-disc Deluxe Edition DVD for CR came in March 2008. And it was released in October 2008. If a similar edition is due to be released around the premiere of SF, wouldn't we have any information about it? Or do you think that it won't be a new edition just because the upcoming Blu-Ray disc set?

Also, does anyone know who to contact about this. Is it Fox or Sony Entertainment that handles the distrubition of the DVDs?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I do believe it's Fox that handles the DVD distribution.

As for the QoS deluxe edition, I doubt it will ever see the light of day. We do already have a topic for this, though:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2961/quantom-of-solace-ultimateextended-etc-edition-where-is-it/p2
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I do fear that we never will see a better version. Such a shame then, because the special features is already shot from what i have heard..
    There was an alternate ending involving Bond, White, and Haines, but it still hasn't seen the light of day. Like I said in the other topic, your best bet of seeing it is to beat 'QoS,' (or watch the ending on Youtube), for the ending they made using that material.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Yes i have watched that ending many times and have wished to see it like a deleted scene. And i'm sure there is lots and lots of deleted scenes from the movies that EoN can show or us!
    I honestly haven't seen one deleted scene from QoS, but I know they're out there!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,044
    Neither have i, but i know that there is a lot's of unused material. Like this one from a production diary of QoS.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_22_prod_diary20.php3?t=qos&s=qos
    Scroll almost to the end and it's about a climax where Bond and Greene is fighting outside and Greene is going to blow up Bonds car. It was appearently shot but cut out from the final movie.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow. Glad it got cut, as I prefer the climax we got. This one sounds weird. Was Greene committing suicide and taking Bond out with him or something?
    I wonder if that is why there is the still of Bond running down the bridge, pistol drawn, in a completely different outfit. That, or they just changed his attire for the scene when he sprints along the hotel roof.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Hmm reports was that the writer Joshua Zetterman did a rewrite, and one of the scenes was the climax. Strange that they did shot a different ending, but still were supposed to shoot another one in England..
    So technically, we have two versions of both the closing minutes and the finale: the ones in the feature film, and the 'deleted scenes' that I surmise we will never see. If they released a Deluxe/Ultimate/Definitive Edition of QoS, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Yes, and i guess some alternative cuts of the Siena and car chase which originally was intended to be 10-15 minutes long.

I do really hope that they release this edition. I'm looking forward to it very much!
    I would enjoy seeing that, especially an edition where it's opposite of the feature film: longer PTS, different finale, different closing minutes, etc. That would be nice, and I wish films had the ability to do that.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I hope so too. Like a " Directors Cut " or something. But most thoughtfully i doubt that. But some deleted scenes and a couple of documentaries would be perfect.

Wonder if @JamesPage knows anything about this?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Here is another thing I have always wondered, and maybe you all could give me insight. Here is a picture right from QoS, and in the desert climax I believe, with Bond in a short sleeve shirt and jeans, with black shades:

http://seriousmovielover.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/bond-682x1024.jpg

Not only does this attire make sense for the heat, but it also looks better than what we see in the final product. I believe this was cut from the climax because we can see from the video game of QoS, that Bond is wearing the same thing in the finale of that game:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lUBMzDStA6E/0.jpg

So I figure Activision got pictures and background of the film, and since Bond is dressed like this in the image from the game and the picture above it, I wonder if even more shots were filmed in the climax different from the one mentioned above and of course, the final product. With all these variations on what is going on in the climax with not only Bond's clothing, but the action and plot, how many times did they rewrite it??
    That's the outfit I was speaking about earlier: looked leagues better.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I'm sure i have seen a clip when Craig is running in that outfit. But for some reason thet had it changed. Perhaps that short sleeve was a bad thing to wear in a fire. And the stunt team said no to that.

And about all the rewrites: First did Purvis and Wade provide Forster with a script which was changed pretty early. Forster and Haggis then started of from scratch. And then Forster and Craig continued with that one.
    But during January and February, Joshua Zetterman was brought in to change and rewrite some of the scenes that was going to be shot later on.

But apperently, it was changed once again during filming in Bolivia.
    MrBond wrote:
    I'm sure i have seen a clip when Craig is running in that outfit. But for some reason thet had it changed. Perhaps that short sleeve was a bad thing to wear in a fire. And the stunt team said no to that.

But Camille was in short sleeves in identical scenes.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Yeah, that's true. Maybe they just wanted to put some more " roughness " to it so he should wear a long sleeve instead.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 5,745
    MrBond wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Yeah, that's true. Maybe they just wanted to put some more " roughness " to it so he should wear a long sleeve instead.

It was probably some lame last minute metaphor or something you'd have to look really deep into.

Or, crazy chance, they just didn't have a cohesive idea of a script, and muddled it up completely due to Forster's incompetence and the producer's early jump into production during a writers' crisis.
    Maybe they were just rehearsing and Dan was simply casually dressed while they ran through the sequence to practice it. I dunno, just spit-balling.
    They did film the whole walk with machine gun into the desert, it's at the beginning of one of the featurettes.
    TheBondFan wrote:
    They did film the whole walk with machine gun into the desert, it's at the beginning of one of the featurettes.

Machine gun?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    TheBondFan wrote:

Yes I've seen that, but i guees that was just for the trailer.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    MrBond wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:

Yes I've seen that, but i guees that was just for the trailer.

It was also used for the Music video of Another Way To Die.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Yes, i think it never was intended for the actual movie.

It is pretty interesting, the car chase in the begining was supposed to be about 10 minutes long, instead of nearly 4 minutes. And about the first mission in the QoS game, was that something that was supposed for the film?