2013 Aston Martin Vanquish

edited June 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,575
http://www.supercars.net/cars/5757.html

Looks good except for the front spoiler which looks cheap.They should have painted it.
I prefer the previous vanquish featured in dad.

Comments

All the recent AM's look too similar.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    They've been going for a more edgy, sporty look of late, as opposed to the more luxurious and sleek look of the older models.

CYGNET!!!!!!!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Virage wrote:

CYGNET!!!!!!!

To be fair, that's not even an actual Aston Martin, is it...? ;)
    St_George wrote:
    Virage wrote:

CYGNET!!!!!!!

To be fair, that's not even an actual Aston Martin, is it...? ;)

A Toyota. And tell me what company makes a beautiful car even better looking while changing it enough for you to say, "oh yeah, that's different". And then go punch Porsche.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am by no means a car guy, but it looks really good. I love the dark red color they chose for the photos.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    The colour for me is the only thing great about it.
    With it's top speed of 295 Km/h it's to "slow" to be a real sportscar, and it's way to flashy to be a proper Aston Martin Grand Tourer like they say it will be...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    MartinBond wrote:
    With it's top speed of 295 Km/h it's to "slow" to be a real sportscar, and it's way to flashy to be a proper Aston Martin Grand Tourer like they say it will be...

That indeed is one of the things that worry me with AM. I remember an episode of Top Gear where May was talking about the same problem. I think only the DB9 is a proper GT, everything else seems in-between. And if they tested thsi one on the Nurnbergring again, it most definately won't really be a GT.

MartinBond wrote:

They can't decide whether they want classic sport-luxury or future super sport, so they're cars all come out as repeated hybrid confused, but beautiful, machines.

I think they should do both. Bring back a modern DB-5, sport, but luxury sport, and keep the DB-9 / Vanquish line going in new directions.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 612
    Aston-Martin-Vanquish_BonjourLife-1.jpg

I can't say I'm a huge fan. The DBS felt much more traditional. It's still at the top of my list. The Vanquish feels like it's trying to be some Italian sports car. We have plenty of good Italian cars, stick to being British.

I can't say I'm a huge fan. The DBS felt much more traditional. It's still at the top of my list. The Vanquish feels like it's trying to be some Italian sports car. We have plenty of good Italian cars, stick to being British.

I agree with you canada.
    The original designer of the vanquish has gone to jaguar.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Canada's Right. i'm imagining seeing that car by it's side, and it looks like an Alfa Romeo or even a Maseratti.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yea, the car just doesn't do it for me. I like the DB9 quite a lot, and nothing will ever beat the DB5 in my eyes, but this just doesn't even rank up close to them. Then again, I'm not a big car guy, so perhaps there is something I'm missing.

That colour is certainly abit :-& Not a fan of that at all!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    RogueAgent wrote:

Actually i think that, even if the car's not so good, the colour is great. It gives a refined look to the car.
    Those kind of colours always looks fine in - Almost - every car out there.

2008_lexus_rx400h_600x300.jpg
    Volvo-S60-Exterior.jpg
    112_0902_02z+2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_coupe+side_reflection-500x312.jpg
    a-more-refined-cherokee-photo-105991-s-429x262.jpg
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Actually i think that, even if the car's not so good, the colour is great. It gives a refined look to the car.
    Those kind of colours always looks fine in - Almost - every car out there.

2008_lexus_rx400h_600x300.jpg
    Volvo-S60-Exterior.jpg
    112_0902_02z+2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_coupe+side_reflection-500x312.jpg
    a-more-refined-cherokee-photo-105991-s-429x262.jpg

On all those other pics it looks fine, but for me not on the Aston.