You Know You're A Bond Fan when.....

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2012 Posts: 12,459
    34. You get more pleasure ordering the martini in your best Bond mode than actually drinking it.

(and I want that Monopoly set! Is that for real??)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    33). Even though you hate Monopoly, you buy the James Bond 50th Anniversary Edition!
    Corrected. :P
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    34. You get more pleasure ordering the martini in your best Bond mode than actually drinking it.

(and I want that Monopoly set! Is that for real??)

Oh yes. I'll take a pic and see if I can put it in the thread. Pieces are: DB5, Lotus Elite (underwater version) Baron Samedi's hat, 007 logo, Klebb's shoe, JetStar. You buy the films, not streets, and the cards are Bond Villains and Bond Girls.
    You know your a Bond fan when you can quote large chunks of dialogue on command.

I for instance can quote Alec Trevelyan's speech in the grave-yard word for word.

Its shocking...p(I'm going to resist the obvious follow up to that phrase)
    jolearon wrote:
    27. You have a Closet full of Bond Memorabilia, or even worse a Bond ROOM!
    - Guilty as Charged....

I have a Bond room. My personal sanctuary....
    35) You're extreamly happy over the fact you have a friend named Q. (Her actual name is too difficult to pronounce so everyone calls her by her first initial).

36) Every time you pull the button out of your watch you, for a split-second, wish it'd turn into a magnet.

37) When kissing your girlfriend on a Ferris Wheel you can't help but compare yourself to Timothy Dalton, even if only alittle.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,189

37) When kissing your girlfriend on a Ferris Wheel you can't help but compare yourself to Timothy Dalton, even if only alittle.

Damn. That makes me feel ashamed. I once went on the London Eye with an old girlfriend (that's kind of a big Ferris Wheel) and, while kissing her, Bond/Dalton never once came into my head ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    00Beast wrote:
    26. Whenever you walk into a gathering of some sort wearing dressier clothing, you stride in like Pierce Brosnan with one hand cooly in the left pocket and put on your best Brosnan glare, and whenever a hot chick walks by, you do the thing with the eyebrow and the pursed lips.

Many of these fits in on me, but this one is really me!

Brosnan power you know ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:

Damn. That makes me feel ashamed. I once went on the London Eye with an old girlfriend (that's kind of a big Ferris Wheel) and, while kissing her, Bond/Dalton never once came into my head ;)

Like I said only for alittle bit. ;)
    You know you're a Bond fan when, on negotiating a pull or slide door, you try and replicate the way PB opens the door on the Yaucht Mountacore in GE.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    BAIN123 wrote:
    You know you're a Bond fan when, on negotiating a pull or slide door, you try and replicate the way PB opens the door on the Yaucht Mountacore in GE.

so true !! :-B
    You know your a Bond fan when you get a tad excited if the word 'Bond' is used in a completely unrelated manner:

Eg the next station is Bond Street
    Joining us now is former royal correspondent Jenny Bond
    Let's go out and bond over a pint

Hmm...probably should find myself another girlfiend.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,044
    38) You becomes proud when people that are non-fans starts to talk about Bond
    39) You get a nice feeling when you hear the James Bond Theme
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've never done a silly foot shuffle when i've had to open one of those sliding doors. ;)

40) You know you're a Bond fan when you walk past a busker, they start playing the Bond theme at that moment, and you can't help but grin.

It's happened to me before. :-B
    I've never done a silly foot shuffle when i've had to open one of those sliding doors. ;)

40) You know you're a Bond fan when you walk past a busker, they start playing the Bond theme at that moment, and you can't help but grin.

It's happened to me before. :-B

You should go the whole hog and tell them what a "charming tune" it is the next time that happens.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I was heading for my bus, if I had time and loose change, I would have tossed a few coins into his guitar case. It certainly made my day.
    I was heading for my bus, if I had time and loose change, I would have tossed a few coins into his guitar case. It certainly made my day.

A real Bond fan doesn't take the bus ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    BAIN123 wrote:

Unless he's following a pretty blonde girl with a cello. ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:

Bond did in LALD. ;)
    gt007 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

Unless he's following a pretty blonde girl with a cello. ;)

Touche (or driving it) ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,686
    You know you're a Bond fan when you wait for a Bond question on your favorite quiz shows (Who wants to be a millionaire ?)

You know you're a Bond fan when you watch movies only because it features an actor who played in a Bond movie :) (only reason I watched 'Anglavakt' was because Tcheky Karyo was in it)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    43) You know you're a Bond fan when you've practised throwing your hat to a coat rack and you do it any time you have a chance to.
    You know your a Bond fan when you feel yourself seething at people who get facts about Bond wrong.

...like this bloke on the right of the screen ;)

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,874
    BAIN123 wrote:
    You know your a Bond fan when you feel yourself seething at people who get facts about Bond wrong.

...like this bloke on the right of the screen ;)

I had a book about the Bond films that came out on the 25th Anniversary, an official product written by Sally Hibbin that was littered with mistakes, one of the worst was she thought the wax work of Bond in TMWTGG was a cardboard cut out! I wished I'd kept it, gone through it with a red pen and sent it back to the author! Seeth!
    You know you're a Bond fan when you watch movies only because it features an actor who played in a Bond movie :) (only reason I watched 'Anglavakt' was because Tcheky Karyo was in it)

I agreed to go and see Mama Mia with my girlfriend at the time just because Pierce Brosnan was in it. Biggest mistake of my life.

Anyway, you know you're a Bond fan when you quote a CR line while playing poker with your mates.

I agreed to go and see Mama Mia...just because Pierce Brosnan was in it. Biggest mistake of my life.

I must admit...I did that too :\">

Also, a friend keeps reminding me that I'd only agreed to watch Layer Cake AFTER Mr Craig had been announced as 007.
    44. When James Bond is mentioned anywhere your ears automatically tune in even if you were near asleep!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    00Beast wrote:
    44. When James Bond is mentioned anywhere your ears automatically tune in even if you were near asleep!

Very true. When anyone mentions that name, I never fail to try to listen in on what is being said.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Very true. When anyone mentions that name, I never fail to try to listen in on what is being said.

Precisely! I was working on homework one day in study hall this past year, and some seniors brought up James Bond in their casual conversation, and my attention immediately switched, haha (though I still focused on the homework :-B ).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:

Totally me!

45) When you have memorized a Bond film word for word, and either impress or annoy your parents or friends because of it.

46) You are on a train with a lovely girl, you order the lamb, and say it is skewered, even if it was prepared immaculately.

47) Even since you saw CR, your password for everything is "Vesper".