Your favorite Bond track? Can be title song, or anything from a soundtrack. Only name ONE!

Comments

I was never really a fan of Maurice Binders title designs either, and when you put the two together - well that's what we got in 1977

Don't you mean Barbara Bach also..

Right, I'm just always used to saying the girl's name in the movie rather than her actual actress name.
  • The Whyte House from DAF. It sounds Vegas-y.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I can't believe that some think AWTD is the worst that was on offer after TND, TWINE & DAD.
    I not sure if I've missed anyone else saying this but The James Bond theme itself surely has to be the best? The original version from Dr No being my favourite version. Also the 007 theme used in several movies has to get a mention.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    'Surrender' from TND. That one just burns.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    You're not alone in that, it is quite an effort to get through, Goooooooooldfingeeeeeeeeeeer, screeches Bassey to almost nauseating effect, it's just another nail in the coffin of the 1964 release as a whole for me..

The only two James Bond releases I simply can't listen to are Madonna's Die Another Day, and the awful piece of crap 'effort' from Keys and White for QOS, the latter is the worst, but for the most part the series has given us some very good themes

It's just every once and a while, something quite awful and unsavory comes along in way of James Bond themes, I sincerely hope we can avoid this for Skyfall, but feel a bit pessimistic sometimes on that issue

:-<

Quite agree. Madonna and Keys are total POS.

• edited August 2012 Posts: 1,146
    I quite enjoy the Thunderball suite put together for the second CD in the two-disc Bond song collection in the '90's.

It's moody, fun and, at the end, thrilling.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    "Exercise at Gibraltar." Love it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Space Lazer Battle Great stuff.
    A Pleasant Drive In St. Petersburg.
    The GoldenEye opening track from the pre-title sequence has to be the best!
  • The LALD theme. Such a great song.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 1,082
    Flight Into Space! Epic and fantastic!
    00Beast wrote:
    The GoldenEye opening track from the pre-title sequence has to be the best!

I like that one too, I think it's called "Goldeneye Overture". The dark and menacing music sure fits the movie well. I think there are several really good pieces of music in GE (and some not so good also). Those I like most, apart from "GE Overture", is "Fatal Weakness" and "Run, Shoot and Jump".
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    If your going with Opening Title, I'm going with Goldfinger. But from one of the Bond soundtracks. Come in 007! Your Time is Up!
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    John Barry's 'This Never Happened To The Other Fella' from OHMSS. The greatest track from the greatest score by the greatest composer for the greatest scene in the greatest film based on the greatest novel EVER!
  • So. Freaking. Hard.
    So many title songs and so many beautiful scores. "Live and Let Die", "Nobody Does it Better", "Goldfinger", "Goldeneye"... And the scores! Maybe "Miss Goodhead Meets Bond" from MR or "We Have All The Time In The World" from OHMSS. Or even "Vesper" from CR. I don't know why I even bother trying to answer those questions... I can't choose!

But I think I'm going for "We Have All The Time In The World". I guess. :|
  • gotta go with Goldfinger for sure, though I did make a list of my top (00) 7 title songs if you care to read

http://toddmthatcher.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/the-00-7-best-james-bond-theme-songs/
    The ending of 'Backseat Driver'.
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    You Know My Name ^^
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    James Bond with Bongos from the FRWL soundtrack. exotic and flavorful arrangement.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    We Have All The Time In The World.

Forget the numerous bombastic moments (they occur throughout).

This was the track that showcased and scored not only Bonds capability for emotion but also Barry's subtle charm and depth.

This piece has me every time.
    Just beautiful.
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service Main Title
    On of the best pieces of music in the history of movies, along with The Imperial March and The Godfather Waltz.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Obviously, the Bond theme is the best. But ignoring that...

Title Song - AVTAK
    Other Song - Surrender from TND
    OST Track - Tennyson from SF
  • JakeDelToroJakeDelToro Universal Exports
    The Laser Beam from Goldfinger

The imagery and dialogue in this scene have become so iconic that the music is often over-looked, but I think this is Barry at his best. The music starts off quite playful with a little danger thrown in but as the scene progresses the tension really starts to rack up and gradually, with Connery, becomes more and more desperate.
    It's a masterclass in tension building and as I said, it's a bit of music that is over-looked because of how iconic the scene has become.
    "Snow Job" from AVTAK. One of my favourite pieces of Barry music.
  • Can't go past On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The Moog synth still sounds awesome (pretty out there for a 1969 soundtrack). The whole theme just makes me think mountains, snow, - oh and guns ;) There's so many other tracks I love, but Barry takes the crown
    The Laser Beam from Goldfinger

The imagery and dialogue in this scene have become so iconic that the music is often over-looked, but I think this is Barry at his best.
    Agree here too - you only really notice some of these pieces of music when you're listening to the soundtrack without the movie - the mark of a great soundtrack.

• "Runaway", Bill Conti.
    Great stuff
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It has to be the original James Bond theme with Vic Flick on guitar.
    Even setting theme songs aside, it's still hard to select just one, but I do like
    Hercules Takes Off -- among hundreds of other Bond pieces. How about a thread in which we create an imaginary album made up of one non-theme cut from each film?
    Ice Chase - The Living Daylights