New James Bond audio books

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited June 2012 in Literary 007 Posts: 23,553
http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/literary_audio_books_2012_ian_fleming_007_reloaded.php3?t=&s=&id=03193

Man, am I thrilled or what?

I love audio books. They keep me from boredom during those long, tedious train rides to and from work.

The names mentioned thrill me beyond sanity. Rosamund Pike... Jason Isaacs... Bill Nighy...

I'm only a bit surprised the list doesn't include the shorts. Would be a blast if they could have the likes of Dalton, Moore, Connery, Brosnan, ... participate on those.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, this is excellent news. I could listen to Pike or Nighy for hours, they have great voices.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What a great list of names, really good! Top marks indeed.

I too wish the short stories were included. Maybe they will be added depending on the success of these releases?
    I am very happy about this! I confessed on another thread that i have not read any of the novels for my sins! So to have a quality line up of readers such as these reading this series of of books? It's manner from heaven for me! :D
    Great line up but agree with others that the short story collections should have been included!

Also whilst I will be very tempted to make a purchase of this new collection, I already have all the audio books and do sometimes wonder whether I should keep spending money on the constant reissues of the Fleming novels in both book / ebook and audio formats.

I think it is time the rightsholder gave us something slightly different. I would love to see the novels adapted as full cast audio plays. Now that would definitely be worth parting my hard earned cash for!!
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,598
    I've never tried listening to an audio book before. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it. I'm sure I would much prefer reading over listening. I love reading. When I was at university I always preferred to study by reading the textbook instead of listening to the teacher. It would be fun however to try one of these for the novelty of it. Not sure which one to try though. My decision would be based on who has the most stimulating voice and I don't know all these people. So it's all males then bar Pike. Certainly appropriate to have a female read TSWLM.

"I would love to see the novels adapted as full cast audio plays. Now that would definitely be worth parting my hard earned cash for!!"

Yeah, that would be something! Good idea!
  • I've started reading the books as well as listening to them at the same time, that way I can have the best of both.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    This is excellent news - I have all but OHMSS and TB on audio (as a set) so will be buying those two when they come out, have the complete set then!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow, what an amazing choice of actors !!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    What a wonderful list of readers! I'm looking forward to listening to Rosamund Pike and David Tennant. That last one must be great. The Doctor reading OHMSS. Can't wait!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2012 Posts: 16,331

Brilliant! I'm going to get these for sure.

Clips from all 12 books are now online:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks, @Samuel. Love those samples. I'm definitely buying these audio books when they're released!
    When are these books released?
    Word on the street is September.
    Cheers DD! I think these will be a very nice addition to anyone's collection!
    The 6th September is the exact date, so still lots of Bond to look forward to this year.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The 6th September is the exact date, so still lots of Bond to look forward to this year.

Thanks samuel! Looking forward to these being released! :-bd
  • Hi,
    I work at AudioGO so it's good to see all the positive comments about this! 'For Your Eyes Only' and 'Octopussy And The Living Daylights' will be released next year.
    Samuel001 wrote:

They are available for pre-order on our website already too.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Great news about For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy & The Living Daylights being released next year @PaddyatAudioGO, thanks for that.

Will each of the nine stories be read by a different person? I'm eager to find out.
  • Thanks for the reply! 'Octopussy And The Living Daylights' will be read by one person and 'For Your Eyes Only' will be read by another. We haven't chosen the readers yet though!

Also, I forgot to mention that we are running a pre-order competition: http://www.audiogo.com/uk/james-bond/preorder-comp
    @PaddyatAudioGO

Thank you for this news, sir. We appreciate your input!
    I look forward to the final two names being announced!
  • Thanks for the replies. We do have a couple of competitions so you can suggest who the final 2 readers should be:
    http://www.facebook.com/Audiogo.audiobooks/app_337076839692702

http://www.facebook.com/Audiogo.audiobooks/app_306225262780703
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Too bad they have to be English. I would've loved to hear Morgan Freeman read a Bond novel.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 9
    Lucy Fleming Interview - James Bond 007 Reloaded Audiobooks

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151157294786826"></param><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151157294786826"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151157294786826
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Great interview, thanks for posting. Hugh Laurie for one of those short story books - yes please! As for the other, why not the lady reading the questions to Lucy Fleming? I love her voice.
    Roger Moore should narrate one. Or maybe even Timothy Dalton?
    A very interesting interview. Thanks for posting! These audio books are a must!
  • Just a quick note: You can now download or buy the CDs of the 007 Reloaded James Bond Audiobooks so let me know what you think of them if you do!

They're now available for £6.99 (Download) and £7.05 (CD). If you pre-ordered on the AudioGO website at a higher price, don't worry we'll honour the price change and refund you the difference. Applies only to pre-orders made before 05/09/12.